CW 8 watch collectors case

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:04 am

Thanks for the replies, I like the look of the CW case but obviously the price is a bit steep.

I have 2 Fossil boxes , one which stores some of my ever increasing collection, the rest and my 7 CWs are in their own individual boxes.
Generally I have always kept as many as I can in their own box, but space wise it's becoming less practical.

I gave 1 of my Fossil one's , like the one below, to my wife so I do have the option of buying her a new cheaper one and using that for my CWs, she is fine with that.
They are very well made and can accommodate watches up to 50mm.

Anyway will have a think.

Image
Johnny

User avatar
Craig64
Senior
Senior
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Lincolnshire UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by Craig64 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:21 pm

johnnysharp2 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:38 pm
Hi,

Has anyone got the leather 8 watch case from CW?

I know it's expensive at £140 but just wondering if any owners can provide any feedback?

Owning so many watches and most of them in their own boxes takes up so much space, I did buy a couple of Fossil watch cases a couple of years ago which are great but most of my CW watches are in the older style deluxe cream/black and they take up so much space.

Cheers
Hi
I bought the CW case a few months ago, and I am delighted with it. The quality of the case is top notch, and it has sufficient room in each compartment to take the diver watches easily. Though not cheap, when you consider the potential value of its contents, if full of luxury watches, it is in my opinion not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

In respect of the clasp being magnetic, I have had no issues with that having any effect on my watches. The magnetic part of the clasp is the bit attached to the box, not the strap. Out of interest I placed a bit of metal close to the outside of the magnetic fastener and it as expected, was drawn to the fastener. I placed it on the inside of the box, and I could feel no magnetic attraction through the wall/side of the box.
Regards
Craig

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Craig64 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:21 pm
johnnysharp2 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:38 pm
Hi,

Has anyone got the leather 8 watch case from CW?

I know it's expensive at £140 but just wondering if any owners can provide any feedback?

Owning so many watches and most of them in their own boxes takes up so much space, I did buy a couple of Fossil watch cases a couple of years ago which are great but most of my CW watches are in the older style deluxe cream/black and they take up so much space.

Cheers
Hi
I bought the CW case a few months ago, and I am delighted with it. The quality of the case is top notch, and it has sufficient room in each compartment to take the diver watches easily. Though not cheap, when you consider the potential value of its contents, if full of luxury watches, it is in my opinion not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

In respect of the clasp being magnetic, I have had no issues with that having any effect on my watches. The magnetic part of the clasp is the bit attached to the box, not the strap. Out of interest I placed a bit of metal close to the outside of the magnetic fastener and it as expected, was drawn to the fastener. I placed it on the inside of the box, and I could feel no magnetic attraction through the wall/side of the box.
Thanks, I am sure the case is very nice.

I suppose my dilemma is whether to use the second Fossil case I have and buy my wife a cheaper one, against buying a new CW.

The Fossil one's are very good quality too, they were close to £200 each RRP but got them crazy cheap from one of their outlet stores.
Johnny

User avatar
Craig64
Senior
Senior
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Lincolnshire UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by Craig64 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm

It is of course down to your own choice and personal preference.
This image (if it uploads ok), shows my CW box with some watches inside it. I would certainly recommend this box, but regardless, I hope you find your ideal choice.
CW Box (2).JPG
Regards
Craig

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Thanks for that photo.
Johnny

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by StrapMeister » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm

You'll find some nice watch boxes here:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... atch-boxes
I picked up one of these:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... uct_id=388
ImageAevitas_20 by StrapMeister, on Flickr


I also have a used black 12 grid box like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Grids-Sof ... zENCsNi2uA which I'm not using and is surplus to requirements.
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by H0rati0 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 am

StrapMeister wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm
You'll find some nice watch boxes here:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... atch-boxes
I picked up one of these:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... uct_id=388
ImageAevitas_20 by StrapMeister, on Flickr

How has your experience been with Aevitas products? I ask because I was looking at their watch winders and picked up on quite a bit of negativity at the time.

I stress that was wrt the winders - that box looks very nice.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:34 pm

StrapMeister wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm
You'll find some nice watch boxes here:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... atch-boxes
I picked up one of these:
https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... uct_id=388
ImageAevitas_20 by StrapMeister, on Flickr


I also have a used black 12 grid box like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Grids-Sof ... zENCsNi2uA which I'm not using and is surplus to requirements.
Thanks, really like the look of those especially in Rosewood.
Johnny

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by StrapMeister » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Sorry but I don't have any experience with their watch winders.

As far as the Aevitas box is concerned, I'm very pleased with it :D
I've probably had it about 5-6 months now.
It has a great finish
Overall build quality seems very good - the lid, hinges seem sturdy enough.
However, the little handle on the lower draw seems a little flimsy - I wouldn't want to pull that to hard.
The cushions and interior are of a velvety material which cushions the watches nicely, better than leather/faux leather ones (IMO).
HTH
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by H0rati0 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 pm

StrapMeister wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 pm
Sorry but I don't have any experience with their watch winders.

As far as the Aevitas box is concerned, I'm very pleased with it :D
I've probably had it about 5-6 months now.
It has a great finish
Overall build quality seems very good - the lid, hinges seem sturdy enough.
However, the little handle on the lower draw seems a little flimsy - I wouldn't want to pull that to hard.
The cushions and interior are of a velvety material which cushions the watches nicely, better than leather/faux leather ones (IMO).
HTH
A couple of specific questions:

how wide are the individual compartments? Aevitas seem to be bit vague on their site, some items give measurements, some not.
do the cushions fit snugly in the compartments or is there a gap?

I agree that velvet is better than leather for the cushions.

cheers
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

User avatar
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm
CW-watches: 7
Location: UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by johnnysharp2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:44 pm

It must be very heavy with 20 watches in it.

Very tempted by the Rosewood one's, look really nice.

https://www.aevitas-uk.co.uk/watch-boxe ... lter=f2:21;
Johnny

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by StrapMeister » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 pm
StrapMeister wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 pm
Sorry but I don't have any experience with their watch winders.

As far as the Aevitas box is concerned, I'm very pleased with it :D
I've probably had it about 5-6 months now.
It has a great finish
Overall build quality seems very good - the lid, hinges seem sturdy enough.
However, the little handle on the lower draw seems a little flimsy - I wouldn't want to pull that to hard.
The cushions and interior are of a velvety material which cushions the watches nicely, better than leather/faux leather ones (IMO).
HTH
A couple of specific questions:

how wide are the individual compartments? Aevitas seem to be bit vague on their site, some items give measurements, some not.
do the cushions fit snugly in the compartments or is there a gap?

I agree that velvet is better than leather for the cushions.

cheers
I have just taken some very quick pics (excuse the quality) but hopefully it will give you a good idea:
ImageDSC_0011 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0012 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0014 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0015 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

User avatar
Craig64
Senior
Senior
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:17 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Lincolnshire UK

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by Craig64 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:54 pm

WOW!
What a fabulous collection here!
One watch in particular caught my eye; That is the red dial, stainless steel bezel CW.
Fantastic!
Thank you for sharing the images.
Regards
Craig

User avatar
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1153
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am
CW-watches: 3
Location: Bayern

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by H0rati0 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:00 pm

StrapMeister wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm

I have just taken some very quick pics (excuse the quality) but hopefully it will give you a good idea:
ImageDSC_0011 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0012 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0014 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageDSC_0015 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
Above and beyond! Exactly what i wanted to know, many thanks.

Some luvverly stuff living in there too....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 13

Re: CW 8 watch collectors case

Post by StrapMeister » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 pm

H0rati0 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Above and beyond! Exactly what i wanted to know, many thanks.

Some luvverly stuff living in there too....
Pleased to be able to contribute and help out a fellow forum member :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments :D
When the 2 watches come back from repair I guess I ought to update my SOTC.
(...and that's only half the collection :oops: )
Craig64 - One watch in particular caught my eye; That is the red dial, stainless steel bezel CW.
That's the 2012 CW Forum LE "Red Jag" :D
ImageRed_JAG_002 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C10 Aviator; C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Post Reply