Buying a CW watch in the future?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches

Will you be buying a CW watch in the future?

Yes, most definitely.
48%
Maybe. If QC and CS improves
38%
Maybe. Other brand alternatives tempting me
10%
No chance. I'm off!
3%

Total votes: 29

Hammy85

Buying a CW watch in the future?

Post by Hammy85 »

Following numerous very sad and frustrating tales of woe with regards to CW's obvious issues with regards to quality, QC, poor or non existent repairs and repeat problems, are the forum members here continuing to be die hard fans who will continue to buy CW, no matter what, or are the feelings changing towards such loyalty based on these horror stories.

Please vote.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Buying a CW watch in the future?

Post by nbg »

I don’t think you will get enough responses on here to help inform your decision, on whether or not you should buy a CW.

Have you thought of putting up a similar pole on the CWE Facebook group?

I haven’t voted, as the questions don’t really work for me.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by McDaWisel »

Honestly - I wouldn’t let the reports on the forum influence that decision much. Hoe many individual issues were reported? 6 or 7? They are anonymously reported cases... none have been verified and we have not heard CW’s in any of those either.

I bought 3 watches off them in the last 4 months. I also bought two straps in a separate order. The watches arrived quickly and as of today work perfectly.

I returned one watch and one strap under 60/60. There was a two day delay in getting the DHL return label as I didn’t get their emails but CS sorted it out for me within 10 minutes of me calling them. They acknowledged receipt of the items the day they arrived and confirmed they in perfect condition and I would receive a refund the day after. That was this week.

As CW have confirmed themselves, they are going through a period of systems change internally. I am sure they are working very hard to solve any IT and CS issues. My experiences have been nothing but perfect.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nbg wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:50 am I don’t think you will get enough responses on here to help inform your decision, on whether or not you should buy a CW.

Have you thought of putting up a similar pole on the CWE Facebook group?

I haven’t voted, as the questions don’t really work for me.

Neil
Pretty sure the purpose of this poll is not to inform “Hammy’s” decision, Neil.

In fact, I reckon we may have seen this member a few times in the past...
Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Cloak and Dagger

Post by scooter »

The Owner of a well known watch forum has a brilliant wheeze whereby if somebody is being a **** he makes it so nobody else can see that person's posts forever.

That means that the individual is totally unaware that he is effectively banned.

He can go on posting to his heart's content blissfully unaware of the situation.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

I have no clue what your on about. But what I do know is that, as a friend and forum member who pointed out to me, this forum is so connected to the brand it will suppress bad news whenever it arises. One of the earlier posts even impkied that the bad news coming through from customer disappointment are unsubstantiated and quite possibly untrue. This is major denial. The brand needs to wake up and listen. Wasn't one of the CEOs, Mike France recent quoted to have said that he ignores all negative reviews on Trustpilot? How vain, pompous and ignorant is that.

If this forum is truly independent then it needs to let people vent or praise accordingly. Bad news always filters through but the numerous examples of these lately are shocking and can not go ignored (or mocked by ignorant or rude fanboys).
meinberg
Senior
Senior

Post by meinberg »

Hammy85 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 am
If this forum is truly independent then it needs to let people vent or praise accordingly. Bad news always filters through but the numerous examples of these lately are shocking and can not go ignored (or mocked by ignorant or rude fanboys).
Lots of reports on here regarding very poor CS, as you know because you have posted on several such threads, CW have some work to do obviously.

What is your personal experience of ownership of a CW watch?
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

Depends on the watch. If they make something i like yes. if the QC issues occur with your new purchase then you just return it as you would anywhere else.
Servicing i may look somewhere else depending on how the servicing of my C6 goes.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Hammy85 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 am Wasn't one of the CEOs, Mike France recent quoted to have said that he ignores all negative reviews on Trustpilot? How vain, pompous and ignorant is that.

https://realbusiness.co.uk/negative-rev ... -business/

Honest criticism is welcome, downright lying ain't.

I'm here for honest and objective information, what are you here for?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:24 am What's your game?
Christopher Ward co-founder Mike France explains why he doesn’t look at negative reviews as something to hide from in today’s digital age.
Complete and utter failure to read a full sentence, I'd say!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:27 am
H0rati0 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:24 am What's your game?
Christopher Ward co-founder Mike France explains why he doesn’t look at negative reviews as something to hide from in today’s digital age.
Complete and utter failure to read a full sentence, I'd say!
Sorry Steve, I was busy editing my original post when you beat me to the punch, though I feel you were rather generous in your diagnosis 8)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Hammy85 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 am I have no clue what your on about. But what I do know is that, as a friend and forum member who pointed out to me, this forum is so connected to the brand it will suppress bad news whenever it arises. One of the earlier posts even impkied that the bad news coming through from customer disappointment are unsubstantiated and quite possibly untrue. This is major denial. The brand needs to wake up and listen. Wasn't one of the CEOs, Mike France recent quoted to have said that he ignores all negative reviews on Trustpilot? How vain, pompous and ignorant is that.

Well now Martin...as usual you are twisting the facts and contradicting yourself.

I think if you really read the posts, in particular the CW threads that you yourself have commented in, you will note that people are indeed venting/complaining. Your statements seem to be without merit, especially regarding Mike France not reading negative reviews. If you look up a statement from Mike, that I posted, and look at the link provided above, you will see just the opposite.

You have had a good time commenting in most negative CS and QC topics, but have proved yourself to be no more than you have ever been. Over the past couple years you have constantly complained against this forum, the Admin Team, me and CW via any forum or Facebook group you could get in to. Most have rejected or banned you in time. You want to get back in is something you say a lot. Why would we let you back in? Because of prior violations for which you were banned and your constant trolling and misrepresentation?

If you think it bothers the Admin Team that you keep trying, you are mistaken. At this point we actually find it amusing and make a game out it.

At any rate you are beginning to bother other members under this current guise of yours so it is time for you to go. I shall add the name of Hammy85 to your list of names.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Now, to answer the questions.

I'm voting 1. I may well not buy another CW but that's because I already have more watches than I can sensibly wear. If I were in the hunt I wouldn't hesitate for a moment over a C65 GMT or a Moonglow - they are lovely.

Option 2: only a fool would deny that CW are going through a rocky patch in terms of QC and CS at present. In fact, I'm not sure anyone IS denying it. We take their word that they are working on it and personally I hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later. BUT...they haven't become a rubbish company overnight, IMHO. But they DO need to work the problem.

Option 3: other brands. Of course, I'm no brand slave. I have bought Cartier, Omega, Nomos and others, and I have half an eye on a Rolex Explorer next year.

Option 4: the individual's choice, can't argue for or against. I'll stick around even if my collecting circumstances dictate that I don't buy any more watches.

EDIT: I see the above answers are about to become redundant, but I'll leave them here all the same. :D
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Ha, that makes a lot of sense.

The most annoying is that this kind of behavior Just detracts from those users that had genuine problems they wanted support and help with :-(
Amor Vincit Omnia

McDaWisel wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am Ha, that makes a lot of sense.

The most annoying is that this kind of behavior Just detracts from those users that had genuine problems they wanted support and help with :-(
Those who have a genuine problem will always find a sympathetic ear on this forum, not least from the Admin Team. We are all genuinely concerned when things go wrong.

Now, I'm off to take the goats for a walk - the bridge looks nice today.
Steve