Does CW sell returned watches?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Does CW sell returned watches?

Post by Essex Paul »

srs1286 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:24 pm I was confirmed sent a press c60 elite 1000 when I ordered new. This was a little over a month ago.

More relating to your question, I’ve heard of many offered discounts during showroom visits with CW. If he’s talking 100 of RRP it’s effectively no different that the current discount codes available to the masses.
I Got 10% off which came to more than £100 off my purchase when I visited the showroom. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I assume the 60 Day returns are sold off as NN, but I have not been able to find a mark on the head or the strap of the NN I bought, and others have reported the same. I did get a box which was of the wrong vintage. If CW knowingly churned out faulty watches as NN, they’d come right back under the 60/60.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

0uatiOW wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 pm I assume the 60 Day returns are sold off as NN, but I have not been able to find a mark on the head or the strap of the NN I bought, and others have reported the same. I did get a box which was of the wrong vintage. If CW knowingly churned out faulty watches as NN, they’d come right back under the 60/60.
Read somewhere (forget where but feel like it was an official response from CW). 60 day returns are sold again as new unless It shows that it’s been worn or it is reported as faulty. Nearly new items would be watches that have been worn for press reviews, returns that show use, or faulty watches that have been repaired.

No reason for CW to classify a watch as nearly new that comes back the same way it left.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

srs1286 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:59 pm
0uatiOW wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 pm I assume the 60 Day returns are sold off as NN, but I have not been able to find a mark on the head or the strap of the NN I bought, and others have reported the same. I did get a box which was of the wrong vintage. If CW knowingly churned out faulty watches as NN, they’d come right back under the 60/60.
Read somewhere (forget where but feel like it was an official response from CW). 60 day returns are sold again as new unless It shows that it’s been worn or it is reported as faulty. Nearly new items would be watches that have been worn for press reviews, returns that show use, or faulty watches that have been repaired.

No reason for CW to classify a watch as nearly new that comes back the same way it left.
Agreed Scott. That is also my understanding.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

nbg wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:16 pm
srs1286 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Agreed Scott. That is also my understanding.

Neil
Makes perfect sense if they’re unmarked.

^^ Scott - your C7 Auto Chrono was NN wasn’t it? Could you tell it wasn’t new? My NN C7 Auto 3 hander could have passed for new. Still can.

Wyatt
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

I bought both my C65 vintage and C60 bronze in the NN sale and both were like new.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

0uatiOW wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:25 pm
Makes perfect sense if they’re unmarked.

^^ Scott - your C7 Auto Chrono was NN wasn’t it? Could you tell it wasn’t new? My NN C7 Auto 3 hander could have passed for new. Still can.

Wyatt
Yes, it had one mark on the end of the crown next to the twin flag and a few hairlines on the polished edge of the bezel where your thumb would potentially rub while winding the watch. Had to look very hard to see the hairlines but otherwise, looked great.

I have bought 2 other nearly new watches. The C3 had one mark on the polished bezel and a misprinted dial (CW replaced it with a new one due to the dial defect), and one C65 vintage PVD that had two very small spots on the edge of the bezel where the steel was showing through the DLC coating.
Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

Maybe one of the Admin Team can answer the OP's thread title question.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Hammy85 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:45 am Maybe one of the Admin Team can answer the OP's thread title question.
Reading thru the thread, looks like it’s been answered about 3 times. Why do you need the Admin Team to answer, I think it’s pretty common knowledge so any member can answer.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

Yet I've heard and seen examples of 'new' watches arriving with scratches, damaged straps etc. Surely these must be returned items going back out the door in the hope no one notices or isn't comfortable about raising the issue. Even so, how any such damaged goods get through QC at all is what the issue is here.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

TheBeatles wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:56 am
Hammy85 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:45 am Maybe one of the Admin Team can answer the OP's thread title question.
Reading thru the thread, looks like it’s been answered about 3 times. Why do you need the Admin Team to answer, I think it’s pretty common knowledge so any member can answer.
Not that it matters so much now, but here goes.

I’m just speculating here, but I would have thought that anything returned unworn and in unworn condition could be resold as such.

But the honest truth is I don’t know for sure. You see, as I and my fellow moderators keep trying to point out, we are customers just like the rest – we don’t work for CW!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

I have posted this in a couple of threads in the past when this question has been asked. Here is the email I received from Mike France last year answering the question.
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 7.53.47 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

mvlow wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:56 pm I have posted this in a couple of threads in the past when this question has been asked. Here is the email I received from Mike France last year answering the question.

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 7.53.47 AM.png
That makes perfect sense and I think wraps this up. Good to know.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
souperphly

Post by souperphly »

Hi all, thanks for all your replies. I've only just seen them. When I signed up and submitted my post I received an admin email saying my post was being reviewed and I'll be notified when it's live. I never received any notification email so I never checked for any replies. Anyway, that's not important. I really appreciate all the comments. Shortly after I posted, I realised there was a current promotion on CW watches, and this is probably why I was offered the discount. I've also been told by many other watch enthusiasts on this forum and others, that I shouldn't be put off by some of the recent bad reviews, which seem to mainly be focussed on customer service. I plan to go ahead and purchase the C60 Trident Pro MkIII this week.

Thanks again everyone