Dial switch

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Dial switch

Post by SlowLoris »

I'm just wondering if someone on here that knows far more about these things than I, think it possible to replace a Trident MK III dial with the dial from a Trident Mk II with the beloved old logo. I think the new Trident is a winner apart from the 9 o'clock logo disaster and sadly, for me, it's a deal breaker.

Any thoughts?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Dial switch

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Well, to start with, it will primarily depend on the diameter of each of the dials being the same.

I'll see what I can measure up later on.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I’d just be inclined to find a watch that I liked right out of the box and save myself the hassle!
But then, that’s me!
Steve.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

As best as I can assess, using callipers to measure the crystal and working on the assumption that the dial will be the same size, or relatively the same size, (as I am not going to disassemble my watches to measure the dial itself), I got the following measurements for the diameter of the crystal.;-

C60 Trident Pro COSC (43mm case) - 33mm

C60 Trident Elite 1000 (42mm case) - 32mm.

Draw your own conclusion from that.

Guy

PS > Steve's (@Thermexman) suggestion will be a more workable option.

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Many thanks for your efforts. It's a 38mm I'm thinking about but it's probably too much of an effort. Perhaps CW should offer a logo choice. I'd even be happy to pay extra to have a MK III with the old logo. Sigh.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

SlowLoris wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 am ... Perhaps CW should offer a logo choice. ..
Great marketing idea. Use a multiplicity of devices and logos to confuse your customers, and suppress any build up of identification.
There's always time for one more.
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:07 am
SlowLoris wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 am ... Perhaps CW should offer a logo choice. ..
Great marketing idea. Use a multiplicity of devices and logos to confuse your customers, and suppress any build up of identification.
Or (sarcasm noted) it might actually prove to be a successful marketing tool. You never know. Still, sorry to hear it might confuse you now that you 'identify' CW by their logo.

Incidentally, this is the first time I've heard a watch being described as a 'device' and since when did a 'multiplicity' mean 'two'?

Thanks for your input though.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Paul Drawmer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:07 am
Not to split hairs, but they kind of already do - see the C7 range for example.

I have a C60 vintage with the older logo and IMO it suits that particular watch so much better than the current logo, and I'm not a hater of the current logo by any means. To my eye, the vintage range would look better with a logo more consistent with the period from which they're trying to emulate.

That said, and completely contradicting myself, the Oris logo could be considered quite modern looking , but that looks fine on their Divers 65 range...
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex