C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Post by McDaWisel »

My bezel is perfectly lined up but there is a little play, never bothered me, but then all my watches have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riddim Driven
CW-watches: 2

Post by Riddim Driven »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Riddim Driven wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 pm Would love to see more pics and commentary on this watch! Where's everybody hiding? I assume a few of these made it into the wild by now? I'm actually waiting on one. Bummer about the strap.

Thanks
RD
When did you order yours?

I ordered one about 10 days after release, by which time the initial stock had been sold and orders were for 'early (or maybe mid) June'.

Got my dispatched email today so, subject to being around when the Postie calls, I should have it tomorrow.

Meanwhile I've got this Ostrich leg skin strap waiting for it.

Guy
Beautiful strap Guy :thumbup: I ordered mine on May 28. Was told I'd most likely be in the next early June run, but no word. Saw the charge on my credit card and now I don't see it. Got my con# and have tried to follow up, but response's are spotty.

Many thanks
RD
Riddim Driven
CW-watches: 2

Post by Riddim Driven »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 am A few more pictures that I have posted in the the daily thread as well.

Under water pic:

Regarding the strap: I ordered the blue rubber strap from CW, I know that’s much more comfortable. Got it yesterday, the blue dies not match at all and it doesn’t look great... :-( will send it back.

I am slowly getting used to the hybrid strap but it just doesn’t seem to ever get really comfortable. Especially in a rotation you feel the difference. I have also ordered a blue canvas strap of a dealer on Etsy. Colors seemed to match. I’ll let you know how that works out...
Thanks for the pics. That water shot is exquisite!!! It's a real bummer on the strap. I'm gonna roll mine up in a tight roll and leave in the sun for a week 8) Hopefully in bends to my wishes, or just fuses together in a rubber cordura puck

I'll get some posts going when it's my go....

RD
Dimitar

Post by Dimitar »

Hi Guys!
I am new to the forum and CW family,
Thanks all of you for your honest comments and pictures!
I saw this watch online at YouTube and got smacked by its beauty.
So it didn't took me long time before I decided to jump on it.
Just received my C60 Trident Elite 1000 (Mk 3) and I have to admit that I love it!
I think that I'll give some wrist rest time to my Rolex Explorer II now in favor of this beauty!
I saw some comments on Ti bracelet. As I am a fan of bracelets, I am eagerly waiting for the release of new Mk 3 Ti one. I will go for it right away
Does any one of you have an idea if it will be equipped with the quick-release system as CW introduced with their Mk 3 Trident SS bracelets?

Thanks in advance,

BR/ Dimitar
Dimitar
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Post by McDaWisel »

Agreed on all counts :-)
Can’t wait for the bracelet! My guess is that it will be quick release but I didn’t have that confirmed...
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

It was running -2 to -4 spd until yesterday regularly, when it hit +30s spd... Did a quick demagnetizing and 12 hours later:

That's a first ever for me, I have hit 0.9 with a Breitling before... Never hit 0.0 :-)
Long may it last!

Wrighty

Post by Wrighty »

I know it might seem a bit pedantic, but for me, the attention to detail and precision are justification for the price. If keeping good time was my only requirement, then I could buy a digital watch from the market for a few quid.

Omegas I tried, didn't have any play in the bezel, and nor did my friends £200 Swiss Hanowa divers watch.

I have posted it back for them to check, hopefully it can be resolved, because it is a very handsome timepiece. No other complaints!
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

I have checked the bezel action on my C60 MK3 GMT. There is a slight rotational play. But to me it’s normal. I believe the bezel is connected to the case using spring and a gear/cogwheel mechanisms that causes the play before the bezel is locked in position. There are lateral and vertical movements as well, that again is due to the fact that the springs cause the actions. It’s totally different to its predecessor, MK2. While the bezel action on my C60 MK2 is almost none but it’s rotating action is stiffer. I have to slightly press down the bezel to rotate it.

Having said that, the bezel action is none on my Aquaracer 300, yet rotating the bezel is really smooth. Anyway, I don’t mind about the play since it doesn’t move by itself.