Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Father's Day

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Happy Father's day to all that are, Fathers that is, and commiserations to those that are not, either because you've not got to that stage of life yet (don't know what you are missing) or sadly you have lost a son or daughter.

What celebrations are being had and any presents ticking on the wrist?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Re: Father's Day

Post by josbrownlie »

Croissants for breakfast and a pair of Bluetooth headphones for me.
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Got taken for a curry last night, first ever family meal out that the kids have paid for :shock:

No new watches but I've been on the Barton straps site, taking advantage of the DADSDAY discount code for $10 off orders of $50 or more :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

Nice post Guy.
Took the old fella out for a weatherspoons brekkie, nice to get the whole family together

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

Been out for breakfast with the family already - eldest off on school trip today, so good to do before he went.

Got a beautiful leather golf scorecard holder from my boys, and playing a round with my youngest later on - a perfect day :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 am Happy Father's day to all that are, Fathers that is, and commiserations to those that are not, either because you've not got to that stage of life yet (don't know what you are missing) or sadly you have lost a son or daughter
... or are unable to be!

Also thoughts with those who've lost their Dad.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Well for the first time in my 65 years of life I'm thinking about two dads: the man who adopted me and brought me up to be the best that I could be and my biological dad whom, through the power of DNA, I discovered only a few months ago.

Two hands eh? That's like having more than one watch!

Otherwise, I have heard from both of my offsprung and enjoyed some time in the garden before the rain came.

Still nothing looking like a watch on the SALE page: this is extraordinary!
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

My lad has been having a bit of a rough time lately, with work/ money,(no more watches for me :( ) had to give up his flat and move back home, so it was really nice to receive a lovely hand written card and a bottle of JD :thumbup:

.....now sort yourself out and start looking for another flat cus you are doing my head in :lol:
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Some Choccy bars from my daughter, who lives 150 miles away. (Wifey bought them on her behalf so I probably, indirectly, paid for it)

A dvd from my son as I dropped them off at the station for their train to London. They’re attending the Fleetwood Mac concert that I’d been hinting about for months.

I’d regularly said to let me know if he heard of any tickets being available so we could go together. He never mentioned that he had bought himself & his wife a ticket to celebrate her birthday today!

I guess he didn’t want my company to the band I introduced him to. I’m just off to sulk now.
Steve.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

I received a baby grow showing support for my favourite football team from our bump as our first is not due until end of July.

Lovely thought from my wife, we then spent the afternoon at her parents as I don't see/speak to my father.
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Got a wireless barbecue / meat probe which I tried out by cooking a big chunk of beef short rib for 10 hours - the real present was being left alone in the garden with the beer.