Exchanging Trident MK3

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
danielc

Re: Exchanging Trident MK3

Post by danielc »

This thread makes me cringe. I too have had QC issued and had to deal with CS. For me it was phone calls and follow up emails until the whole thing was sorted out. In my case it was getting a DOA Trident MK2 exchanged form the US. What a pain. Wish they had a showroom or US side branch.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 am

That's good news.
Why does it needs the Customer Service Manager to solve a basic CS process?
I had to pull strings and make lots of calls and emails when I had problems. Had to beg Declan to sought it out in the end, which he did brilliantly I might add. CS = chocolate teapot on that occasion.
Basically I had to enlist the help of the showroom manager. How many people do they employ in CS and in the workshop?? Not enough I think.
I’m about to buy my 2nd CW, no, want to buy my 2nd CW but I’m having real reservations about the after purchase care. I wouldn’t like to go through that again.
Oris could benefit if I change my mind.
Funny you should say that you had to beg Declan to sort it out. I was going to write in 1 of the other threads re. recent CS that he's the only person in CW that I trust to actually sort out a problem, which is partly why I booked a showroom appointment when I was having my bracelet order problem.
Trouble is that Declan is the Showroom Manager as you have said and therefore strictly isn't in the "CS Dept." so not really the person to drop CS issues onto.

It's a shame there aren't more people in CW with the experience and attitude of Declan, he's a star !
Give Declan the Head of CS post, take on more staff, let him remodel the whole department!
And a few more technicians by the sound of it too. He can also do the showroom! :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Essex Paul wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 pm
Give Declan the Head of CS post, take on more staff, let him remodel the whole department!
And a few more technicians by the sound of it too. He can also do the showroom! :lol:
Just get Wera back. I don’t care what anyone tries to tell me, things have been going steadily downhill for the last couple of years since she left.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

If I recall Wera trained Declan.....
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
triffidman
Guru
Guru

Post by triffidman »

Based on the current 'noise' on the forum being all about bad after sales service, it seems we have gone from 1 SPOF (single point of failure) in Wera, to another SPOF in Declan. Unfortunately, the new SPOF doesn't even work in the Customer Services team as Showroom Manager, so are customers worse off now?

My own personal experiences in my last 2 purchases were utterly appalling, one watch had a minor blemish and the wrong manual which took just over a month to finally sort out, another watch was the wrong watch entirely (but the right strap!), and was clearly used/NN. I had plenty of phone calls and e-mails back and forth and it was a very infuriating experience - as echoed by another member here, it was always a major coincidence that every time I called, Scott Callaway was "just going into a meeting".

Since then, I have promised myself never to buy from them again, and of course this sentiment has trickled down to my friends and family who some of which were also fans of the brand 'of old'. They too, never again. :wave:

However, I also keep reading that the forum members only account for 3% of their customers, and maybe just maybe it's only us that get treated in this way! Of course, I'm being ironic.

Overall, it simply sounds like it's a gamble as to whether you will:

- Receive the actual watch you have ordered
- Receive it in perfect condition
- Receive any after sales care worthy of the name 'care'

I am sorry that the OP, and many others, appear to experiencing the above. I just hope they manage to get things sorted out to their satisfaction, but then have a good hard think about who to buy their watches from in the future.

...and yet I remember a few dealings with Wera in the early days, which were always so refreshingly positive. :thumbup:
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am Based on the current 'noise' on the forum being all about bad after sales service, it seems we have gone from 1 SPOF (single point of failure) in Wera, to another SPOF in Declan. Unfortunately, the new SPOF doesn't even work in the Customer Services team as Showroom Manager, so are customers worse off now?

My own personal experiences in my last 2 purchases were utterly appalling, one watch had a minor blemish and the wrong manual which took just over a month to finally sort out, another watch was the wrong watch entirely (but the right strap!), and was clearly used/NN. I had plenty of phone calls and e-mails back and forth and it was a very infuriating experience - as echoed by another member here, it was always a major coincidence that every time I called, Scott Callaway was "just going into a meeting".

Since then, I have promised myself never to buy from them again, and of course this sentiment has trickled down to my friends and family who some of which were also fans of the brand 'of old'. They too, never again. :wave:

However, I also keep reading that the forum members only account for 3% of their customers, and maybe just maybe it's only us that get treated in this way! Of course, I'm being ironic.

I am sorry that the OP, and many others, appear to experiencing the above. I just hope they manage to get things sorted out to their satisfaction, but then have a good hard think about who to buy their watches from in the future.

...and yet I remember a few dealings with Wera in the early days, which were always so refreshingly positive. :thumbup:

CW will never know that the other 97% will never order again. They'll only guess when sales start to drop.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
triffidman
Guru
Guru

Post by triffidman »

Essex Paul wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 pm CW will never know that the other 97% will never order again. They'll only guess when sales start to drop.
Thanks Essex Paul for taking the time to read my thoughts 'download'! However, I personally feel that sales won't drop off - there is a LOT of money put in to attracting new customers, but seemingly very little effort or money going into retaining, or delighting, existing customers.

50 new customers in the front door each day, 50 leave via the back door. A business model adopted by every bank, every insurance company, and a lot of main franchise car dealerships. It works for them, perhaps that was Mike France's vision all along for Christopher Ward watch company?
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 pm CW will never know that the other 97% will never order again. They'll only guess when sales start to drop.
Thanks Essex Paul for taking the time to read my thoughts 'download'! However, I personally feel that sales won't drop off - there is a LOT of money put in to attracting new customers, but seemingly very little effort or money going into retaining, or delighting, existing customers.

50 new customers in the front door each day, 50 leave via the back door. A business model adopted by every bank, every insurance company, and a lot of main franchise car dealerships. It works for them, perhaps that was Mike France's vision all along for Christopher Ward watch company?
Quite possibly so. :thumbup:
Shame though, could sell so many more keeping existing clients, as do Rolex etc etc.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am Based on the current 'noise' on the forum being all about bad after sales service, it seems we have gone from 1 SPOF (single point of failure) in Wera, to another SPOF in Declan. Unfortunately, the new SPOF doesn't even work in the Customer Services team as Showroom Manager, so are customers worse off now?

I understand what you mean by the above but I have always considered SPOF to be used and attached to something as a derogatory or negative label. So just to confirm to anybody reading this - Declan is not part of CW CS as such as he's the Showroom Manager and he's the good guy in all of this as on occasions he's gone out of his way and beyond his official duties to rectify a CS problem.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 am

100% the reason why they lost me. Experienced all of the above, two on multiple occasions.