Mike France interview on Scottish Watches podcast

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Mike France interview on Scottish Watches podcast

Post by timor54 »

Mike France has been a guest on the Scottish Watches podcast where he spends about an hour talking about CW history, the Swiss watch industry, products and product development, the logo... amongst other things.

By their normal irreverent standards this was rather well conducted with few wild and wacky detours. It makes interesting listening as long as you can ken a pair of Glaswegians.
Tim
diciannove79
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Re: Mike France interview on Scottish Watches podcast

Post by diciannove79 »

I just listened to the podcast this morning on my commute to work. I agree -- it was very interesting to hear his thoughts. I loved learning how they came up with the brand name too! :lol:
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Thanks for the heads up. I like a podcast on the drive to work, so I look forward to listening to this.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Sorry but I got fed up with this after 5 mins but stayed on till about 25mins, Why early on are they talking about sitting and crashing in their own cars while Mike France is having to hang on in silence and then they're off in their own thoughts about beating Gardeners World !

What has that got to do with CW watches.
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

I thought this was a good listen one you get past the gooning around at the start, but that added to the informality I think. (The car thing was related to how they got the name and lampooning the way another rival English watch maker got theirs)

Definitely worth a listen, especially if you other half is insisting on watching episode 345,984 of Grey's Anatomy. ](*,)
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I’ve now listened to it driving from and to work yesterday and today. I rather enjoyed it. :thumbup:
Trying not to buy any more watches...