Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Somersett
CW-watches: 14

Re: Bad experience with Christopher ward watch and it's customer services

Post by Somersett »

I sent one of my wife's watches to the company in January, 2019, as it had stopped. They carried out the work and then shipped it in error to a customer in Ireland. We eventually got it back last month. There was not even a letter of apology / explanation with the package. The Customer Service I received during the entire saga was appalling.
Somersett

Post by Somersett »

My reply above was in response to a post which has seemingly ( on my computer at least ) disappeared.
albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

shaw wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm Just got an email from Katrina "I have looked into the situation and I believe that the item was shipped back to you over a month ago.
If you have not received the item then please let me know as soon as possible. "

But how's that possible, Scott arranged the DHL to collect my watch on April 26, and she just said the item was shipped back to me over a month ago.???

And also as from Katie's email on may 9,"I do apologise for the delay, you will be receiving an email to book the watch in and be processed as soon as we can."

I think they have definitely lost my watch.
If you have proof of delivery I would be demanding a new replacement watch now. Why should you be without a watch for their miss management
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Going back through your youtube video I think there's an email from Katrina dated 14 May (as best as I can see) apologising for the delay and saying that she is working through your emails.

Surely if they had sent the watch back over a month before 11 June there wouldn't be any need for her to look back through your emails, she would have only had to check your name against CW's repair and despatch records.

What a mess. Looks like CW being unprofessional from start to end, not that's it's actually ended yet.
Somersett

Post by Somersett »

If my recent experience of their repair and dispatch records is anything to go by then all I can say is that something is seriously amiss with their processing procedures. I sent one of my wife's watches to them on 10th January, 2019, and when I called them on 25th February, 2019, to enquire as to when I could expect it back they seemingly could find no sign of it. I was asked to confirm that it was a R30 ( it was a R20 ) and it took them approximately five weeks to establish that they had sent it to another customer in error. It then took them a further five weeks or so to retrieve it from the said customer and return it to me. They subsequently returned it to me without a written apology / explanation.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Sounds like it’s going all Pete Tong at the Towers sadly. :(
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

shaw wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm Just got an email from Katrina "I have looked into the situation and I believe that the item was shipped back to you over a month ago.
If you have not received the item then please let me know as soon as possible. "

But how's that possible, Scott arranged the DHL to collect my watch on April 26, and she just said the item was shipped back to me over a month ago.???

And also as from Katie's email on may 9,"I do apologise for the delay, you will be receiving an email to book the watch in and be processed as soon as we can."

I think they have definitely lost my watch.
Unfortunately, this all but confirms that they have lost your watch. The question that remains, however, is have they lost it 'in the house' and it's sitting somewhere within CW Towers, or did they ship it to the wrong customer? Hopefully they resolve this, and soon, in a satisfactory manner.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

Mike France is hopefully reading this debacle…
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
andy71
Senior
Senior

Post by andy71 »

I had a bit of a delay after sending my Big Day Date back for warranty repair, clearly there was a systems problem that has caused some of these issues. Shortly after, I had to return a brand new 595 as the strap was faulty on receipt, I did offer to just send the strap back but they wanted the whole watch anyway. I got the 595 back with a new strap before the Big Day Date, which I did get back after a bit of nudging. I'm guessing if your watch was sent in on the 'old' system and then transferred to the new system problems have occurred and the poor OP was on the receiving end of the worst of it.
I'm still a happy customer though...
C90 Power Reserve, C60 GMT, C11 Makaira Pro, C9 Big Day Date - in that order:)
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

The more you read these the worse you feel. There was nothing on here a few weeks back when i sent my kingfisher in for battery replacement. not had anything back from CW except its been passed on, not sure if this is good or bad. hopefully will be a better experience than members are having of late.
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

Just got a reply from *****" at CW towers. A battery change and service on my C6 Quartz is £150 plus postage :megaeek: :megaeek:
This is more than i paid for the watch when new. Is this Excessive ?
The Email dosnt give a break down of what the service involves on the plus side they havn't lost it yet :silent:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Alex r wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm Just got a reply from Vallen at CW towers. A battery change and service on my C6 Quartz is £150 plus postage :megaeek: :megaeek:
This is more than i paid for the watch when new. Is this Excessive ?
The Email dosnt give a break down of what the service involves on the plus side they havn't lost it yet :silent:
What a shocker - feels like we are no longer dealing or talking about the same company. :thumbdown:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Alex r wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm Is this Excessive ?
No, that's not excessive, it's robbery to charge £150 for a £0.50 battery and 10 minutes of work. There is nothing to service on a quartz watch except maybe replacing gaskets.

This all sounds very unprofessional and they should have standard pricing for all common service with a price list posted on their website. They also need to provide details what exactly is included in a service or other work performed. They pride on being transparent but this just sounds like they make up the prices as they go along.
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

Mike France was always open about their pricing policy of "take the cost of the watch to them, and multiply by 3 to get the retail price". Perhaps that multiplyer is more like times 30 for quartz watch battery replacements?

But then again, if they do replace the gaskets, then it would need a pressure test for WR rating, and I assume this isn't easy or quick. But unless they actually state this is part of the service, the price on it's own could seem excessive (or "robbery" to quote nordwulf!!). There's no transparency. Even getting your car serviced, you get a breakdown of what's been done.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Curious

Post by Curious »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 pm
But then again, if they do replace the gaskets, then it would need a pressure test for WR rating, and I assume this isn't easy or quick.
It's very easy and doesn't take 2 minutes to do.