Small Bright Spot for CW Customer Service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Small Bright Spot for CW Customer Service

Post by jkbarnes »

In light of the recent horror stories and disappointments concerning CW's customer service of late, I thought I'd share one small bright spot. And bear in mind, I'm not trying to downplay anyone else's experience.

As some of you may have seen on a previous post of mine, I've been contemplating buying a bracelet for my C65 Trident Vintage before they're all gone. When I finally decided to pull the trigger, I visited the CW website and sure enough, the fully brushed bracelets were ALL GONE.

It was suggested I contact CW directly, and specifically Declan, to inquire about bracelets. I emailed this morning and immediately got an auto reply telling me Declan was out of the office. Twenty minutes later, Declan emailed with a link to order the bracelet and an offer to get it shipped today if I could place the order within 30 minutes (while it was fairly early my time, it was late afternoon in London when I emailed). It was an hour before I could order it, but I got an email from Declan saying he'd gotten it in the mail for me.

So a little shout out to Declan for some great customer service!
Drew
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Small Bright Spot for CW Customer Service

Post by TheBeatles »

I think most companies go out of their way for new business/sales.

It’s when things go wrong that Customer Service standards should be judged.

However, I’m glad it turned out well for you. Enjoy your new bracelet, nothing better than when a little package turns up.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Good to hear JK. Hope it arrives safely.
Steve.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

On several posts recently and in the past you will find Declan being applauded for his level of customer service. This story is another example of that.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Declan seems to be the only one who’s going out on a limb. :clap:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bracelet posted the end of the day on Monday, being delivered to me here in the US by the end of the day today. That’s pretty good. In fact, the bracelet is beating the tools I ordered to help with sizing it. They haven’t even shipped yet. So again, one teeny, tiny positive CS story in what seems like a growing sea of bad experiences.
Drew
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Problem is that this experience is sales related. The back of the shop is still burning. :feuer:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 am Problem is that this experience is sales related. The back of the shop is still burning. :feuer:
Agreed, whilst it's lovely that they have managed to sell you something that you wanted. They will take money extremely quickly and efficiently! This part of the process was never a problem.

I hope for your sake it's the right one when it arrives, and that it's not damaged or Nearly New - I just feel you're a bit premature in your praise.
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

H0rati0 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 am Problem is that this experience is sales related. The back of the shop is still burning. :feuer:
Clearly! I know my experience here is isolated in its nature (simple sales question and dealing with a specific individual), but I still wanted to share something positive, as isolated as it might be.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

triffidman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 am I hope for your sake it's the right one when it arrives, and that it's not damaged or Nearly New - I just feel you're a bit premature in your praise.
That thought hadn’t even entered my mind. While this is anecdotal in nature, all my previous experiences with CW have been positive. But as has been pointed out, these experiences were also all on the sales end. Fingers crossed for this one...
Drew