Nearly New watches onsite 2

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Nearly New watches onsite 2

Post by EddieTheBeast »

biggus_richus wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm I tried with a sale C65 and a couple of watch pods to go over £500, but no dice on the discount code.
It seemed to work for £500 without the tax for the discount done this way. If you put a £120 bracelet with the C65 it will take the £100 discount off. Or add 3 leather straps - it won't take the £100 off with two leather straps!
Dean
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit »

I added two straps to my cart and was able to use the $125 discount just fine.
barrabclaw

Post by barrabclaw »

I missed the 43 mm bronze last time. Had it in my cart, went through checkout, didn't go through. I got it this time though! I was randomly refreshing the sale page and saw all the new additions. And I just barely got it. As soon as I checked out and saw it was confirmed, it was out of stock again. I wish I had used the discount code to get the rubber strap too, though.

Has anyone found a different rubber strap they prefer for the C60 bronze? Or is that the one to get?
Fraserlees
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Fraserlees »

Just pulled the trigger on the c65 black diver, plus discount code for the bracelet.

had one in blue, but the blue dial and vintage digits just didn't do it for me though i loved the size and feel of the watch. hoping i'll prefer the black.

it is fathers day soon at least. they've made me work hard enough over the last 12 months to justify me treating myself.
Paulfacer

Post by Paulfacer »

I made the mistake of putting that C65 black diver in my basket and then thinking it would still be available 30 mins later. Lesson learnt here - see it in clearance, buy it straight away!
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I wasn't going to buy any CW watches anymore but... C65 Diver on leather strap with free bracelet on the way.....!
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

This seems to happening nearly every Monday now. It begs the question of where all this ‘nearly new’ stock is coming from?
Tim
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

timor54 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:12 pm This seems to happening nearly every Monday now. It begs the question of where all this ‘nearly new’ stock is coming from?
Customer returns!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

They seem to be clearing out as much as they can @ 30% and then most likely will drop what's left in a bigger sale @ 50% imho.

Chris
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm They seem to be clearing out as much as they can @ 30% and then most likely will drop what's left in a bigger sale @ 50% imho.
In general consumers typically look for a deal. If they follow the CW mantra of “do your research” I wonder what proportion pay full, or near full, price for CW watches these days?

I certainly wouldn’t. It’d now probably only ever be a case of an opportunist buy from a ‘discount Monday’ sale :(
Tim
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

timor54 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:22 pm They seem to be clearing out as much as they can @ 30% and then most likely will drop what's left in a bigger sale @ 50% imho.
In general consumers typically look for a deal. If they follow the CW mantra of “do your research” I wonder what proportion pay full, or near full, price for CW watches these days?

I certainly wouldn’t. It’d now probably only ever be a case of an opportunist buy from a ‘discount Monday’ sale :(
Do Your Research is just marketing garbage imho - depending on what's important many would keep well clear at present, given some of the experiences, topics and reviews on this forum and Trustpilot.

Regarding price I guess it depends on whether you take your time before you commit, or jump in. I'm sure the £100 voucher tempts people into buying without waiting for a sale and is a halfway house in some respects to the 30% off NN. 30% in the past was a temptation for me, but it needs to be 50% now, especially if you are after a C60 Diver that may be previously loved and the old model.

I reckon when CW sell a watch at full price, they ring a bell in the office!

Chris