Is this really customer service?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Is this really customer service?

Post by sproughton »

Since I started using the forum in (quick check) 2013 there have been these type of issues time and time again. The whole CS processes and systems have clearly never been brought up to an acceptable standard and whether or not these issues represent a tiny fraction of customers experiences, they are still far too commonplace.

Frankly they need to rip the book up and start their customer service processes from scratch.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Frank I agree. It’s not even as if it’s a large company with many employees. Any executive who doesn’t know which way is up, in a company with less than 100 employees is asleep at the wheel.

The reason it often goes wrong in larger companies is generally because levels of senior management below executive level try to hide stuff from the executive.

In CW the founders are the executive and senior management.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Mike's thoughts about CS

https://realbusiness.co.uk/customer-ser ... -delivery/
https://realbusiness.co.uk/negative-rev ... -business/

"Following any purchase of a Christopher Ward watch, the customer is sent an automated email offering them the opportunity to write a review"

I have never received a such :ka:
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Just checked and the last one I had was in Dec 2017.

Haven’t had a similar since despite buying one or two more.
3E647A58-B4B7-40B3-BAA5-DB806D07B5C3.jpeg
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Korkki wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 pm Mike's thoughts about CS

"Following any purchase of a Christopher Ward watch, the customer is sent an automated email offering them the opportunity to write a review"

How soon after a purchase is this email sent? If it's quite soon afterwards then the review is unlikely to mean anything as it'll only cover the delivery time and whether the watch is in good condition.

Looks like Mike needs to return to his CS thoughts because the re-structured CS Department isn't working or isn't coping. I'd be interested in hearing what Scott Callaway has to say about the present situation as he must be the person getting so many emails about his department failing to provide any decent CS. What is he doing to rectify the issues and improve CS? Does he even have time to consider the issues if he's having to pick up the pieces?
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 pm
Korkki wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 pm Mike's thoughts about CS

How soon after a purchase is this email sent? If it's quite soon afterwards then the review is unlikely to mean anything as it'll only cover the delivery time and whether the watch is in good condition.
It’s a good point - it was five days after purchase, with a chaser after another seven days. Although you can go back in and edit if your view changes.

(My review then was 5 stars - the review for my latest one would be 4 mainly due to an inordinate amount of time to get a returns label). Sorry to see such a bunch of negative experiences and I hope CW turn it round to make what seems to be generally good or great customer service across each and every customer.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Riddim Driven
CW-watches: 2

Post by Riddim Driven »

Yikes! I hate reading tales like this after seeing so many happy customers showing off their watches on various forums. After all these years I just bought my 1st Christopher Ward last week. The C60 Bronze Trident 43mm -- Well, I actually bought a 2nd and plonked down the cash for the Elite 1000 Ti as well. I had excellent communications from 3 different service reps. Very prompt, and some back and fourths. I did receive the "How Many Stars..." request a day or two before my Bronze arrived. I haven't responded nor have I worn the watch yet, though it is a thing of beauty, and the packaging was darn close to opening an Apple Computer product whose packaging is the very best and a joy to crack. The CW packaging was quite nice.

I'm hopeful my experience will remain positive, as I have no reason to think otherwise. I feel for the OP and any WIS that has to suffer these kinds of rotten incidents. Certainly don't wish CW HQ to become the Fawlty Towers.

Good luck!

RD
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Embarrassing. Not inspiring.

This kind of stuff is a brand killer and should never make it onto a forum. I don’t know what else to say, other than I hope OP has his needs tended to.
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

These posts seem to becoming more and more common...
The forum used to be extremely supportive of the brand, but more and more disgruntled comments appear more often....
What worries me the most is members who seem to have a " special " relationship with CW appear to be immune from such problems, privy to secret, new models ( mkiii a prime example ), prototype models, down the back of the settee specials etc..
These are the people who say " never had a problem " and dismiss customers with a bonafide complaint

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

^^^^^^ I don't see "these people" dismissing customers with a bonafide complaint at all, infact, quite the contrary - certainly the moderators of this forum have fed back the various complaint posts to CW Towers directly in the hope, I'm sure, that something is done about it.
(...which I believe they are - based on another post somewhere of a reply from Mike France).
However, I don't think things are going to change overnight!
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

StrapMeister wrote:^^^^^^ I don't see "these people" dismissing customers with a bonafide complaint at all, infact, quite the contrary - certainly the moderators of this forum have fed back the various complaint posts to CW Towers directly in the hope, I'm sure, that something is done about it.
(...which I believe they are - based on another post somewhere of a reply from Mike France).
However, I don't think things are going to change overnight!
Mmmm
Ok, must just be me, thanks for putting me straight Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

davidjamesinc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by davidjamesinc »

Essex Paul wrote:
I’m wondering wether our esteemed moderators/admin team whom CW hold in high regard can take some of these posts/cases and request a meeting with the CW hierarchy??
Potential customers and potential second buyers read about these problems. The Facebook mob must have these types of stories too?
Think high level talks are needed.

Already done Paul.

Kip emailed to Mike France and Chris Ward a couple of hours ago to alert them to the current topics and posts expressing disquiet about CW's Customer Service.

It is no doubt a subject that will be discussed when the Admin Team next congregates at CW Towers.

Guy
Just thought I’d update the thread. Since posting I have received precisely nothing from CW. My watch is still, if I force myself to believe customer services, languishing in an administrative black hole.
I wonder when this pantomime will end and someone will actually contact me and treat me like the customer I thought I was.
A sad day.
There Has Been No Great Wisdom Without An Element Of Madness

C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro
C60 Trident Automatic 42mm
C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II
C11 Makaira Pro 500
C9 Big Day Date
C11 Makaira Elite 500 Titanium
lukeap69
CW-watches: 3

Post by lukeap69 »

Wow, this is really a frustrating experience. It makes me think twice (or more) of buying a watch from CW again.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

davidjamesinc wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 am

Just thought I’d update the thread. Since posting I have received precisely nothing from CW. My watch is still, if I force myself to believe customer services, languishing in an administrative black hole.
I wonder when this pantomime will end and someone will actually contact me and treat me like the customer I thought I was.
A sad day.
Just done a quick Google search on the distance from your location to CW Towers.

Comes out at just under 70 miles. It must be getting close to the time where you actually go there and bang on someone’s desk for answers.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
davidjamesinc
Senior
Senior

Post by davidjamesinc »

TheBeatles wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:26 am
davidjamesinc wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 am

A sad day.
Just done a quick Google search on the distance from your location to CW Towers.

Comes out at just under 70 miles. It must be getting close to the time where you actually go there and bang on someone’s desk for answers.
Closer than you think. I don’t have much more to loose.
There Has Been No Great Wisdom Without An Element Of Madness

C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro
C60 Trident Automatic 42mm
C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II
C11 Makaira Pro 500
C9 Big Day Date
C11 Makaira Elite 500 Titanium