Fantastic trip to the Towers

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Fantastic trip to the Towers

Post by Macdaz »

So the day came and battling through the rain, and arriving 10 minutes late I (and a friend) had a great visit to the showroom, where I was, indeed, like a child in a sweet shop.

In the absence of Declan, Olivia did a great job of looking after us and Mike France popped in and spent a good twenty minutes chatting to us. (I know this is fairly standard for a visit to CW but how many other Company owners/founders would do this). I told him my reservations were the logo placement, or more the space at 12, but I wanted to get over it, and that was why I wanted to see some watches on the wrist. We had a good discussion around this, (but please don't start another debate here!)

No surprise but Mike was passionately evangelical about the placement and some of that passion must have rubbed off as I walked away with the C65 GMT Pepsi. Of course I have the 60/60 to be sure and Mike has asked me to feedback to him once I finally decide one way or the other. (It's gone away now until my Birthday next week).

The highlight of the visit though, was a sneaky look at the C60 Apex which Mike was kind enough to show us, launching (I think) in September. It. Is. Stunning! I can't say too much and obviously there are no pictures, but it is beautiful. It is not my cup of tea as I'm not a fan of skeletonized watches, but I can still appreciate that it is an amazing piece. The beautifully decorated movement through the exhibition back is fantastic to the point that it might be tempting to put in on the strap upside down!

In all, I'd definitely recommend a visit, it's a fine way to spend an hour or so. (Now I just need to work out how I can afford the C8 P2725 so I can go back)
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Re: Fantastic trip to the Towers

Post by Chris375 »

Glad you had a great time at CW Towers and hope you enjoy your C65 GMT Pepsi (for your birthday). Are you suggesting they had a C8 P2725 for sale? If so, did it have an original strap and how much was its price?

Cheers,
Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Chris375 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:29 pm Glad you had a great time at CW Towers and hope you enjoy your C65 GMT Pepsi (for your birthday). Are you suggesting they had a C8 P2725 for sale? If so, did it have an original strap and how much was its price?

Cheers,
Chris
Careful not to confuse with the C9 P2725 TM-B Limited Edition, Chris (I think).

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

They are available on the website (NB this is not the similar TM-B C9)

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/watch ... tic-range/
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Glad you had a good time. It is indeed a great experience there and I’m thinking about another visit soon to view the C65 Diver and Auto.
Agree that no other watch company (I think) let’s you chat with the owners, or in my case the man with the name on the dial.
Congrats on your new purchase and happy birthday. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Great story! Enjoyed reading about your experience. :D
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I'm glad you had a great trip to the showroom. I hope you like the "Pepsi".
So the C60 Apex is stunning! I wish there were pictures. Still I'm on the shortlist and no doubt I'll see it soon enough.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

albionphoto wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm I'm glad you had a great trip to the showroom. I hope you like the "Pepsi".
So the C60 Apex is stunning! I wish there were pictures. Still I'm on the shortlist and no doubt I'll see it soon enough.
It'll be worth the wait. I couldn't risk pictures. They know where I live!
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Chris375 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:33 pm
Chris375 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:29 pm Glad you had a great time at CW Towers and hope you enjoy your C65 GMT Pepsi (for your birthday). Are you suggesting they had a C8 P2725 for sale? If so, did it have an original strap and how much was its price?

Cheers,
Chris
Careful not to confuse with the C9 P2725 TM-B Limited Edition, Chris (I think).

Guy
Thanks Guy. Complete brain malfunction :oops:

Chris
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Chris375 »

Apologies for the following lengthy diatribe.
My brain malfunction regarding the C8 P2725 was down to the fact I recently purchased and collected from CW Towers a C9 P2725 TM-B and wondered if another had surfaced. My watch did not have an original strap (none available) or the booklet for the watch. I appreciate the booklet can be downloaded but it would have been nice to have the original just as much for provenance if I ever came to sell it. Also one would have thought the original strap would have remained with the watch.
On a similar note, I was fortunate enough to purchase a C7 Apex and asked if I could also buy a spare strap similar to the original as I like to wear my watches and not hide them away. Yet again there were no extra straps so I bought a Nato strap for it. Obviously CWL can't keep an infinite amount of spare straps/parts for their watches (especially limited edition ones) but perhaps, as far as straps are concerned, they could send out two original straps with each watch - one for use and one for keeping.
Diatribe over.

Chris
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Chris375 »

Getting my watch numbers mixed up again - sorry :oops: . I meant I purchased a P7350 without strap and booklet. The C9 P2725 is the watch I am after.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Sounds like another great visit to CW towers. I really must get round to doing that one day....or move house to Maidenhead :idea:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

I forgot to mention I had a good look at the new packaging too. In real life it looks much more in proportion than in the photos. Less long and thin. Has a real quality feel to it too. I liked it!
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Macdaz wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:54 pm I forgot to mention I had a good look at the new packaging too. In real life it looks much more in proportion than in the photos. Less long and thin. Has a real quality feel to it too. I liked it!
That’s good news. I liked the old box shape and the photos of the new packaging didn’t appeal to me.
Will have look when I visit soon.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thegreyman wrote:Sounds like another great visit to CW towers. I really must get round to doing that one day....or move house to Maidenhead :idea:
The latter option will cost you dearly Patrick. In more ways than one. Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England