Is this really customer service?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
davidjamesinc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Is this really customer service?

Post by davidjamesinc »

At the beginning of December last year I sent back my CW C11 Makaira Titanium elite 500 with which the thread that the crown screws onto having worn away. A year or so before I had returned it complaining that there was a rough or grinding type of feel whenever I screwed the crown up which was, in my humble opinion, not right. It was returned saying that it had been lubricated and was now fine. Obviously it wasn’t and as a result it continued to erode the screw thread. When I returned it in December I was informed that this was normal for titanium which of course it isn’t. I pointed out the earlier return and the fact that it had progressed to the point of disintegration and it was agreed that they would look into it. This was over six months ago. Since then aside from a few phone calls there has been an exchange of emails (see the screen shot emails below which read a little out of order as I couldn’t work out how to change them. The dates are on them though) and an unbelievable array of stalling tactics. At the point of posting this I still have not had my watch returned. I genuinely believe that they have lost it. All I can do is sit and wait and maybe send another email to which I will no doubt receive another stalling reply. The two questions I now find myself pondering Is, is this really customer service and will I ever buy another CW watch?
It will be interesting to see your points of view.
Attachments
D66A0097-7B50-4EFE-BD16-A7567B65729E.jpeg
6EB552BC-A952-4E09-89EE-5ED719924736.jpeg
983029A9-AD9F-4F74-B262-BB47FC0B4BA7.jpeg
DFCBCAD5-F25C-4B9D-A8E6-DE579001D987.jpeg
1C29ADE8-72F4-4FB9-BBB4-0DA5C11DED98.jpeg
F9404C60-EC92-4FD9-84F3-78E68D6FFB62.jpeg
50B5B5A0-8161-4681-AEBE-49B605756925.jpeg
167E9D60-9DB5-4746-9BC6-641C32922485.jpeg
4500AA0F-9313-44FE-BC2B-12D525F74B6A.jpeg
C71D543E-FBB7-467E-BB52-E4F775CB3C61.jpeg
0668BC12-869F-441D-9704-530F499B4645.jpeg
DD4EA28A-D541-4C24-9AB1-C8B9FC1EBF9D.jpeg
C22D998D-4C7A-4FFD-A0F6-27C36E81BECF.jpeg
A05E8343-BC8E-444B-AEEC-7291A251E056.jpeg
3DAA656C-C705-4D38-9480-60B050006D8B.jpeg
There Has Been No Great Wisdom Without An Element Of Madness

C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro
C60 Trident Automatic 42mm
C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II
C11 Makaira Pro 500
C9 Big Day Date
C11 Makaira Elite 500 Titanium
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Is this really customer service?

Post by Ian Mc »

Clearly not acceptable.
If it's possible, have you considered a visit to the towers to present the problem face to face?
Alternatively, I think I would be sending a full set of printed copies of communication by recorded delivery to CW himself, inviting a response.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

I’d send everything you’ve said on here along with those email copies to Christopher Ward,Mike France and Peter Ellis. See what comes back.
6 months? No words.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

An embarrassing saga.

A quote from the CW website below.
Investing in a Christopher Ward watch means enjoying a lifetime of support and service, starting with our famous 60|60 Guarantee – one of the most comprehensive guarantees in the world of watchmaking.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

These threads are becoming all too commonplace. It appears to me that CW have some serious problems with both quality and support, the former helping to overwhelm the latter. Too far, too fast?
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
davidjamesinc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by davidjamesinc »

Unhappily all but the last email was indeed copied to Chris which I started to do when my exasperation reached critical mass. Sadly it has not really helped. I’m not sure whether he saw the last email which waffles on about invoicing but he will have had access to the rest.
There Has Been No Great Wisdom Without An Element Of Madness

C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro
C60 Trident Automatic 42mm
C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II
C11 Makaira Pro 500
C9 Big Day Date
C11 Makaira Elite 500 Titanium
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

I’m wondering wether our esteemed moderators/admin team whom CW hold in high regard can take some of these posts/cases and request a meeting with the CW hierarchy??
Potential customers and potential second buyers read about these problems. The Facebook mob must have these types of stories too?
Think high level talks are needed.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Essex Paul wrote:I’m wondering wether our esteemed moderators/admin team whom CW hold in high regard can take some of these posts/cases and request a meeting with the CW hierarchy??
Potential customers and potential second buyers read about these problems. The Facebook mob must have these types of stories too?
Already done Paul.

Kip emailed to Mike France and Chris Ward a couple of hours ago to alert them to the current topics and posts expressing disquiet about CW's Customer Service.

It is no doubt a subject that will be discussed when the Admin Team next congregates at CW Towers.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ Also something that I am sure will be discussed at the London GTG in August. I don’t recall Issues with CS being discussed at the Edinburgh or Manchester events.

I am sure relevant probing questions will be asked on forumites behalf. Perhaps even by member(s) in attendance who themselves had extensive CS and operations management experience, when they worked. :D

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

First question submitted on the Manchester GTG questions thread, so this blip is nothing new.
Essex Paul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:12 pm How and when will you iron out the inconsistencies in QC and customer service???
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

what-time-is-it wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:18 pm First question submitted on the Manchester GTG questions thread, so this blip is nothing new.
Essex Paul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:12 pm How and when will you iron out the inconsistencies in QC and customer service???
Yep and IIRC a question that I added a +1 to.

Still as they say if you want something done it’s often better to do it yourself.....😉

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

There are probably 4 or 5 different threads running at the moment highlighting CS issues with CW.

Some points that I'd like to zone in on from reading them all, the tone of which follows a CS issue I had in February/March which I have to say was minor compared to some of the others written about here.

1. Robert Austin - does this person really exist at CW? The only response from him will be an email of a formatted wording that basically says we have your email and somebody else will be in touch in the next 2-3 days. Obviously this is just a holding or delaying email to make the customer wait another 2-3 days and then nobody else contacts you.

2. The lengthy email from Katrina to shaw is EXACTLY the same wording as that sent to albionprs. It seems that CW just have a supply of pre-formatted email responses and this 1 is washing CWs dirty laundry in public ! OMG no matter what is happening you do NOT state that you're the only person working your way through customer emails.

3. There is no continuity within CW of dealing with any 1 customer's issue. The same customer is bounced from 1 CS person to another, there is no awareness of previous emails that have been sent by or to different CS staff. In 1 of the threads Scott says the repair will be actioned Free of Charge then weeks later some other CS staff member says the watch can't be sent out because there are technical issues producing the invoices - BUT Scott said it was FOC!

4. Virtually every email response from CW states "technical issues" are causing delays and these are "unforeseen" and not something the writer can resolve. Then that the CS Team are trying to print off the invoices. What ? You can't print documents ?! What sort of IT system do you have ?

5. There cannot be any CS fault logging process in use at CW. If there is 1 in place then nobody in CW or Repairs is using it to log status or communications. This is not rocket science. Many of us on this Forum must have dealt with more complicated CS set ups than this. A simple logging process, some basic procedures for staff to follow, if you must use pre-written formatted responses then make them believable and ensure the grammar and spelling is correct. Create some SLAs that cover internal timescales for response, repairs, turnarounds and some other SLAs for how CW will deal with customers AND issue them on the CW website for all to see.

I need to stop now as I have either stuff to do but I will state this - I like this Company (CW), I've bought several CW watches new and off SC and sold some as well. I hate seeing so many CS problems, reliability and build quality issues written about on here, especially at a time when their designs have taken a big leap forward. I want them to succeed and for them be around for many years.

I live within 15-20 minutes drive of the Showroom and I'm willing to discuss with anybody in CW Management giving up some of my time unpaid to work alongside CS and any other department within CW on behalf of these customers to understand why CW CS isn't working, to improve it and to get their issues solved in a more timely manner. Just get 1 of the Admin/Moderators to PM me.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:30 pm
Essex Paul wrote:I’m wondering wether our esteemed moderators/admin team whom CW hold in high regard can take some of these posts/cases and request a meeting with the CW hierarchy??
Already done Paul.

Kip emailed to Mike France and Chris Ward a couple of hours ago to alert them to the current topics and posts expressing disquiet about CW's Customer Service.

It is no doubt a subject that will be discussed when the Admin Team next congregates at CW Towers.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Excellent Guy. Great news. If CW’s after-sales matched their great designs and price point they’d sell so many more watches.
C65 Trident Diver Blue
albionprs
Guru
Guru
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

Mikkei4

Thanks for the mention.

I'm now beginning to think it will be in August before I see my watch again.

After reading the email chain at the start of thread, I don't think I'll entertain a CW again.
Pity, I do like the Pepsi 65 and saving for one, but will keep my money now.

The question we should be asking now is, this the beginning of the end.
People will not tolerate customer service like this in today's market place.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Forums, social media groups and customers shouldn't have to alert a company there is something wrong with their customer service and quality control. A CS manager should be on top of this and review/track every case. 6 months for a crown repair and lack of pro-active customer service is just ridiculous.