Service

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
RichardBayle

Service

Post by RichardBayle »

I'm not normally a complainer, certainly not on forums as I can't cope with the almost inevitable abuse that follows but;
I bought a C60 GMT "Pepsi" watch 7 years ago and for 5 years it was great, I loved the watch; in fact I still do, but then it started to gain and last year when it gained 5 mins a day I decided to take it back for a service.
So I, in person, deposited the watch in Maidenhead, on January 24; saw the collection of fabulous looking watches and had to work hard not to buy!
Eventually after many emails asking when I could expect it to be returned, I finally received my watch 4 months later at the end of May. By way of an apology for the length of time it had taken, the service department generously offered me free postage to the USA,
where I now am plus an alternative strap; that hasn't actually turned up.
But my watch after all that time now gains 5 minutes in 12 hours instead of 24, and stops after 8 hours off my wrist when I am in bed. yesterday it stopped while wearing it. So after 4 months and 99 GBP for the service, my watch gains quicker than it did and the power reserve only lasts 8 hours.
When I first reported this, service department offered to take it back paying for it to be DHL'd and return to my home in France. My initial rather grumpy response was to say, forget it, I have other watches and I can't be bothered but now as it actually stops I think it should go back. So I emailed several times saying this an now I hear nothing, no response at all. So now I am cross.
I love the watch, it was a 65th birthday present, I love the C60 as it allows me to have a GMT to link with my sailing instruments and boat time (I sail a bit, that's why I'm in the USA at the moment) , I love the look of the watch, the weight, everything I just want it to WORK like it used to.
i have seen somewhere on this forum that Mr Ward himself responded to an owner, how do I escalate this to him?
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Service

Post by H0rati0 »

chris.ward@christopherward.co.uk

good luck with resolving your problem, very annoying.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

As your watch is out of warranty, do you have a local watchmaker/jeweller that could take a look?
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome to the forum, sorry that it couldn't be under more congenial circumstances.

Yes, it's frustrating complicated by you geographical movements, but to me, CW have already offered the solution to you;-

"When I first reported this, service department offered to take it back paying for it to be DHL'd and return to my home in France."

You should take them up on their offer.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

It sounds like it could have been magnetized, a typical cause for a watch to run very fast. I can't imagine CW would have sent it back to you like this.

A local watchmaker should be able to demagnetize the movement for minimal cost and time. Sure beats having to wait another 3 months.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

I would personally still drop Chis a line & see if he can help at all.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

This makes me want to cry. I dropped my C65 Trident Bronze SH21 on a tiled floor a couple of hours ago and it's stopped working. Thankfully I live a 5 minute walk from the CW showroom in Maidenhead.
I'd definitely explore the magnetism route, I believe it's fairly common for watches that have gone through customs and been x-rayed. If you move it around a compass does it move the needle?