C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Elite 1000 (mk3) - thoughts after a week

Post by what-time-is-it »

Good to see they are releasing the bracelet so soon, still think they dropped a clanger not offering the bracelet version at launch.

MK2 titanium bracelet is £245 (MK3 is likely to be a bit more) - so if the MK3 is similarly priced that's making the Elite a £1500 watch before any form of discount...

It may well be a nice watch, but is it a £1500 watch?
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm Agreed Tim.

Also to confirm what Chris was suggesting above: I emailed them a couple of days ago asking about a titanium strap for the Mk3. They confirmed:
We are currently in the processing of releasing a MK3 titanium bracelet, and we anticipate this to be in stock in the next 6-8 weeks.

They also confirmed the currently available Titanium bracelet is not suitable for the Mk3, only the Mk2.
If CW are going to the effort and cost of producing a Mk3 Titanium bracelet should we expect more versions of the Elite to be released in the future or an ever-present Titanium watch to be added to their portfolio?
Surely CW wouldn't make the bracelet for just 300 Elite's ?
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I hope so :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riddim Driven
CW-watches: 2

Post by Riddim Driven »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm
McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 pm Agreed Tim.

Also to confirm what Chris was suggesting above: I emailed them a couple of days ago asking about a titanium strap for the Mk3. They confirmed:
We are currently in the processing of releasing a MK3 titanium bracelet, and we anticipate this to be in stock in the next 6-8 weeks.

They also confirmed the currently available Titanium bracelet is not suitable for the Mk3, only the Mk2.
If CW are going to the effort and cost of producing a Mk3 Titanium bracelet should we expect more versions of the Elite to be released in the future or an ever-present Titanium watch to be added to their portfolio?
Surely CW wouldn't make the bracelet for just 300 Elite's ?
Yes, well the production of any other Elite 1000's was my initial query to CW. Two different reps said they would not be making anymore COSC or otherwise Elite 1000's. The possibility of a Titanium bracelet is intriguing, and as mentioned, certainly there would be just 300 made for the Elite, so obviously there will be something more in Titanium of rumors of a bracelet is going around. The Elite 1000 is marked & #'ed on the caseback to 300, yet it's a very prominent diver in the new launch and represented amongst the new list of MKIII's.

Personally, and in light of the poor flex in the strap, one would think the 300 buyers of their 1st run would get a deal or option on a bracelet should they materialize. Particularly with the front money. Perhaps the bracelets were just late and couldn't accompany the watch. I also think springbars should be supplied with all the watches that come with these quick release straps for a sure bar end fit.

Well in on the Elite. Would definitely go fora bracelet too, but would hate to shell out a few hundred for one. Early adopters can either benefit, or pay a premium depending on the sitch. Looking forward tooth's one very much regardless.

RD
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I’m still stuck firmly on the fence with the Elite. I saw one at the showroom but was only there to collect something else and didn’t have a lot of time to try it.

I have an old wrist fracture issue that means I can’t wear anything over 100g and somewhere around 75g is just right for me.

This puts ‘conventional’ Tridents out of my comfort zone and I wasn’t a fan of either of the previous titanium ones.

My main concern is the casing height as it makes me worry it’ll feel unbalanced :(

I’ve also never spent over £1K on a CW (although I own ones that were more than this when new) so I’m slightly struggling to justify the outlay to myself.

I know I could buy and just spend some time with it properly on my wrist under the 60 day return deal but I try not to buy anything that I don’t think I’d really like so am slightly put off doing this on a limited edition model.

Decisions, decisions. . .
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Ateca
CW-watches: 4

Post by Ateca »

McDaWisel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 pm One more update. Strap still not great. Better had initially but not great. They just don’t bend the way they should and dig into the sides of the arm. Very well made and sturdy, look great, but just not comfortable. I ordered a standard blue rubber strap from CW to put on this watch but shipping is delayed until mid June due to another strap in the same order being out of stock.

Otherwise I love the watch!

Came across this, any help?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqYDwAZcpk
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Ateca wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:44 am
McDaWisel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 pm One more update. Strap still not great. Better had initially but not great. They just don’t bend the way they should and dig into the sides of the arm. Very well made and sturdy, look great, but just not comfortable. I ordered a standard blue rubber strap from CW to put on this watch but shipping is delayed until mid June due to another strap in the same order being out of stock.

Otherwise I love the watch!

Came across this, any help?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqYDwAZcpk
Tried that method for these straps, but still not comfortable.

I've given up on the hybrid straps and swapped to a Nato
Riddim Driven
CW-watches: 2

Post by Riddim Driven »

Would love to see more pics and commentary on this watch! Where's everybody hiding? I assume a few of these made it into the wild by now? I'm actually waiting on one. Bummer about the strap.

Thanks
RD
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Riddim Driven wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 pm Would love to see more pics and commentary on this watch! Where's everybody hiding? I assume a few of these made it into the wild by now? I'm actually waiting on one. Bummer about the strap.

Thanks
RD
When did you order yours?

I ordered one about 10 days after release, by which time the initial stock had been sold and orders were for 'early (or maybe mid) June'.

Got my dispatched email today so, subject to being around when the Postie calls, I should have it tomorrow.

Meanwhile I've got this Ostrich leg skin strap waiting for it.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Riddim Driven wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:28 pm Would love to see more pics and commentary on this watch! Where's everybody hiding? I assume a few of these made it into the wild by now? I'm actually waiting on one. Bummer about the strap.

Thanks
RD
When did you order yours?

I ordered one about 10 days after release, by which time the initial stock had been sold and orders were for 'early (or maybe mid) June'.

Got my dispatched email today so, subject to being around when the Postie calls, I should have it tomorrow.

Meanwhile I've got this Ostrich leg skin strap waiting for it.

Guy
Nice strap!

Heres a pic of mine on a C&B Supreme Nato. Love this watch! I catch myself looking at it daily.

I've had it for a couple weeks now and its been my daily, keeps great time, the fit and finish is amazing at this price point as well.

(I secrectly wanted serial #007, but got a higher number haha)
Attachments
20190531_132752.jpg
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

A few more pictures that I have posted in the the daily thread as well.

Under water pic:

Went diving with it, got to -18.2m, works great as a backup to the dive computer:

Holiday shot:

Regarding the strap: I ordered the blue rubber strap from CW, I know that’s much more comfortable. Got it yesterday, the blue dies not match at all and it doesn’t look great... :-( will send it back.

I am slowly getting used to the hybrid strap but it just doesn’t seem to ever get really comfortable. Especially in a rotation you feel the difference. I have also ordered a blue canvas strap of a dealer on Etsy. Colors seemed to match. I’ll let you know how that works out...
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

^^^^^
You might like to check out a Barton Silicone Elite. I have several and they are cheap, versatile and good quality.
https://www.bartonwatchbands.com

For diving they have a locking tag, thoughtful.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Wrighty

Post by Wrighty »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am Is there any give in the movement of the bezel? Does it feel it could be forced (incorrectly) in a clockwise direction? If not that must feel secure.

Could someone upload a video of the bezel movement to try and indicate the sound described perhaps?

I have had my elite 1000 since last week, design details and feel of the watch is very impressive. I have been considering buying an Omega Planet Ocean, but saw this and thought I would give it a chance. In my opinion, visually it is on a par with a number of the Omegas I have tried on.

However....the bezel is extremely disappointing, so much so that I am considering returning the watch. There is play in the bezel on my watch, you wouldn't be able to force it the wrong direction, but it does move back and forth slightly and it doesn't line up perfectly with the top baton.

For me this really tarnishes the watch, but I do love everything else especially the polished baton tips. Really not sure what to do.
Twan-Sloot

Post by Twan-Sloot »

The alignment issue is something they should definitely fix. I would send it back for a badly aligned bezel. The play shouldn’t be bad at all either according to the reviews, so maybe your bad alignment has to do with it. You might have a bad one.

Watch some youtube vids, they show how the bezel should act.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Wrighty wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 pm
However....the bezel is extremely disappointing, so much so that I am considering returning the watch. There is play in the bezel on my watch, you wouldn't be able to force it the wrong direction, but it does move back and forth slightly and it doesn't line up perfectly with the top baton.

For me this really tarnishes the watch, but I do love everything else especially the polished baton tips. Really not sure what to do.
If you are not happy, send it back under 60/60 and ask for a replacement. That will settle it.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)