Are import duties still an issue?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Are import duties still an issue?

Post by mvlow »

ScofieldReturns wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 pm Update: dispute finalized, final import duties: $22. Yeah, that's much better lol
Great result. It's unfortunate you had to go through the time and stress to ensure you paid the proper amount. I received an email from CW's head of logistics Sammy Benson yesterday, saying he was still in dialogue with DHL and he would let me know the final result as soon as he could. Hopefully CW will be able to figure this out with DHL so others won't be faced with the same issue in the future.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

mvlow wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:13 pm
ScofieldReturns wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 pm Update: dispute finalized, final import duties: $22. Yeah, that's much better lol
Great result. It's unfortunate you had to go through the time and stress to ensure you paid the proper amount. I received an email from CW's head of logistics Sammy Benson yesterday, saying he was still in dialogue with DHL and he would let me know the final result as soon as he could. Hopefully CW will be able to figure this out with DHL so others won't be faced with the same issue in the future.
Well said, I won't be ordering until this is finalized, and or carved in stone. This should not be something that has to be negotiated.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
fbd223
Junior
Junior

Post by fbd223 »

I'm ok with paying fees as long as I'm excepting them but just want to know the exact amount that I need to pay. When I buy stuff from Selfridges they let me know exactly what the import duties I will need to pay to have it delivered to states.
panamavin
Senior
Senior

Post by panamavin »

Forget the import duties....Mike France one of the co-founders was contacted directly by a customer and responded quickly to fix the issue. Let that sink in. I can’t readily name any company selling any product that takes care of issues like CW does.
fbd223
Junior
Junior

Post by fbd223 »

Ummm, I've emailed Tim Cook a few years ago about an issue, with my wife order) and got a phone call the next day from one of their investor relationship managers, there are a lot of companies (some I have dealt with) that will do what is needed to take care of a customer
panamavin
Senior
Senior

Post by panamavin »

fbd223 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 am Ummm, I've emailed Tim Cook a few years ago about an issue, with my wife order) and got a phone call the next day from one of their investor relationship managers, there are a lot of companies (some I have dealt with) that will do what is needed to take care of a customer
I realize they do exist but admittedly couldn’t name one off the top of my head. Good customer service is seemingly an outlier now and not the norm so when it does happen we can all step back to appreciate it. This is a CW forum and people usually only report the negative and not the good. We can all use a moment to celebrate the good. Cheers!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

fbd223 wrote:Ummm, I've emailed Tim Cook a few years ago about an issue, with my wife order) and got a phone call the next day from one of their investor relationship managers, there are a lot of companies (some I have dealt with) that will do what is needed to take care of a customer
Who is, Tim Cook?

Are you referring to the CEO of Apple?

Your previous post mentioned Selfridges and we are generally discussing CW.

I'm confused.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:52 am
fbd223 wrote:Ummm, I've emailed Tim Cook a few years ago about an issue, with my wife order) and got a phone call the next day from one of their investor relationship managers, there are a lot of companies (some I have dealt with) that will do what is needed to take care of a customer
Who is, Tim Cook?

Are you referring to the CEO of Apple?

Your previous post mentioned Selfridges and we are generally discussing CW.

I'm confused.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Guy, to be fair the topic title doesn't state CW and previous posts have been non-specific about any brand or Company with various people saying "when I've bought from outside the EU" so it's not been only about CW.

I've never heard of Customer Service being called "investor relationship managers" though - who on Earth thought that one up?
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:06 am

I've never heard of Customer Service being called "investor relationship managers" though - who on Earth thought that one up?
It was probably concocted during a Brainstorming session, using Blue Sky thinking and Cloud diagrams, whilst away on an all expenses Team Building retreat in the Himalayas! They were clearly drunk on Yak’s milk infused tea!
Steve.
tomc1944
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by tomc1944 »

Just bought a C60 MKIII on strap and orderd the bracelet on a separate purchase. No customs duty on either. Saved $76 by purchasing them separate over buying with bracelet and paying duties and YOU get a nice strap as a bonus.
C60 Trident GMT MKIII, C60 Trident MKII, C65 Vintage Diver, Oris Williams Chronograph, Oris Big Crown Bronze Brown Dial, Tudor 1926 white 41MM.
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

for those of you that stuck with this topic, here is a pic of the payoff: https://i.imgur.com/fnd4HdL.jpg

gorgeous, i'll likely keep it. contemplating whether the GMT function is worth the extra .65mm of thickness
Darksol

Post by Darksol »

I was surprised by the import dues as well. I'm in the US, but I gladly paid DHL to get ny shipment.

I had to pay a little over $100.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

CW head of logistics, Sammy Benson has been working on this issue all week and keeping me updated regularly via email. Based on his feedback from DHL, he is implementing new procedures for international shipping in the future. He has also offered to assist anyone that needs help dealing with any DHL claims resulting from a CW shipment. His direct email address is on the top of the attached email.

Here is his email to me explaining the resolution. I am very impressed with the professionalism and customer service Sammy and Mike France have provided while trying to resolve this issue. Customer Service and logistics can often be a thankless task.

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 8.59.46 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Essex Paul »

Good stuff, excellent service. :clap:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

This is great news, Well done to Malcolm for contacting Mike France and getting the ball rolling on this and Sammy for sorting it out.