A place to discuss other watch-brands
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by WATCHWIZ »

Coming to Kickstarter mid June:

http://newmark71.newmarkwatchcompany.com/

If this is anything as good as their 6BB vintage chrono release last year, this too will be another success for Newmark.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by Mikkei4 »

I'm interested in that, blue or silver dial for me.
Mart51
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Mart51 »

They're quite nice. They remind me of some of the Zodiacs that I'm very keen on
Current collection:
C60 Trident Pro 600 38mm red and black
C61 with Orange
C60 300 white with black
Oris Big crown pointer - Rose gold
Smiths PRS29am
Smiths Explorer
Smiths Everest
Certina DS Action Precidrive
Scurfa Diver One Ceramic
Scurfa D1-500 Yellow
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Take an Eterna or Zodiac dial, stick an Oris Chronoris bracelet on them and we have something like this. I quite like it, they look good, and being an English based company I'd be tempted. However, the Miyota 9015 puts me off a little to be honest.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

TigerChris wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 pm Take an Eterna or Zodiac dial, stick an Oris Chronoris bracelet on them and we have something like this. I quite like it, they look good, and being an English based company I'd be tempted. However, the Miyota 9015 puts me off a little to be honest.
Except it’s based on an old Newmark dial, not an Eterna or Zodiac. :)

The chap that owns the brand has meticulous attention for detail, so it certainly won’t be a cut and shut parts bin special.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

They look incredible. Now that's what I call vintage done well. The bracelet looks gorgeous. Can't believe you can pick up a watch of that spec for £400; £300 if you commit earlier. Only A few day s ago I put up a post about the Miyota 9130 movement in one of my watches that cost £900. To be offered this with the 'tried 'n' tested' 9015 movement for a third of that money seems like a steal to me.
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Liking the idea of a "12 hour bi-directional with 60 click ball-bearing system" with blue dial.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

strapline wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm They look incredible. Now that's what I call vintage done well. The bracelet looks gorgeous. Can't believe you can pick up a watch of that spec for £400; £300 if you commit earlier. Only A few day s ago I put up a post about the Miyota 9130 movement in one of my watches that cost £900. To be offered this with the 'tried 'n' tested' 9015 movement for a third of that money seems like a steal to me.
It's a relative all round bargain in my eyes. And as has also been said, Ewan's attention to detail to pay homage to the original is spot on too. This will be a good one to bookmark.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 pm
strapline wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm They look incredible. Now that's what I call vintage done well. The bracelet looks gorgeous. Can't believe you can pick up a watch of that spec for £400; £300 if you commit earlier. Only A few day s ago I put up a post about the Miyota 9130 movement in one of my watches that cost £900. To be offered this with the 'tried 'n' tested' 9015 movement for a third of that money seems like a steal to me.
It's a relative all round bargain in my eyes. And as has also been said, Ewan's attention to detail to pay homage to the original is spot on too. This will be a good one to bookmark.
Agreed... Have looked at their chronograph offerings and they also look very good.
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

TigerChris wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 pm Take an Eterna or Zodiac dial, stick an Oris Chronoris bracelet on them and we have something like this. I quite like it, they look good, and being an English based company I'd be tempted. However, the Miyota 9015 puts me off a little to be honest.
I'm surprised at that, about the movement. The 9015 is often comparable, if not better than/to the Swiss Made equivalents?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:13 pm
I'm surprised at that, about the movement. The 9015 is often comparable, if not better than/to the Swiss Made equivalents?
It's the noise of the Miyota and also the date change that annoys me. It's not a lot of money to take a gamble on it though, I'm sure if I don't get on with it I could move it on fairly easy
WATCHWIZ
Junior
Junior

Post by WATCHWIZ »

Based on their last Kickstarter and popularity, almost certainly. Demand was high and reviews were excellent.

The Miyota can be a little noisy but I've found that you learn to like/accept it after a while.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

WATCHWIZ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 pm Based on their last Kickstarter and popularity, almost certainly. Demand was high and reviews were excellent.

The Miyota can be a little noisy but I've found that you learn to like/accept it after a while.
As I said previously, I have a Miyota 9130 in one of my pieces. There has never been any audible noise that I could pick up. I still think that Newmark looks like a hell of an offering at that price point.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

17 super early birds left at £299
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes