Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMT

Post by H0rati0 »

angusbon wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:40 pm No.
So what you're saying, because he got a free watch and gets paid for his channel he HAS to like your watch?!
Now that's childish....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Where did I say he has to like the watch?

Not liking is absolutely fine but provide reasons for not liking - or liking, not just self indulgent opinion - or do I expect too much from a "reviewer"?

And please leave out the personal insults - that is what is childish.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

H0rati0 wrote:Another "influencer" luxuriating in his oh so important (unjustified) opinions, I couldn't take even the half of it - sound muted.

Photography is good, would work even better if he kept from wallowing oh so self indulgently.
Obviously an opinion can be honestly obtained by listening to less than half a review....

Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Guys, if you’re going to fight over this please do it via PM.

To return to the review, personally I’m not worried what he says about the watch or the company. My only slight gripe is that his delivery was a bit tedious and repetitive...and he clearly has a very high opinion of himself. Actually, as an Explorer owner, I’m surprised that he didn’t jump on the fundamental weakness of the 2893, namely the lack of an independent hour hand.

Advertisers and reviewers do what they do. The people who worry me are the ones who take it all as gospel.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm Whilst not agreeing with everything he said, he did confirm my fears over that awful strap.
if you believe him. I prefer to wait, allow a little running in time and see what people here think.
Did he not say he had the watch for a couple of months. Enough running in time I think. Are you waiting for the fanboys on here to give it the thumbs up :D

I love the look of the case, but it needs a bracelet to do it justice imho. Also, not taking his opinions as gospel.

Besides we are all guilty of being influenced by reviewers/advertisers of many products to a greater or lesser extent whether we care to admit it or not.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

I actually found his review very helpful. I am very interested in this watch and am looking to seek all opinions, good and bad. @horatio - ctfo. And don’t be a psycophant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I have no issue with the review, nobody is forced to watch it.

What I am surprised with is what appears to be very few purchases from forum members so far.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:19 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm Whilst not agreeing with everything he said, he did confirm my fears over that awful strap.
if you believe him. I prefer to wait, allow a little running in time and see what people here think.
Did he not say he had the watch for a couple of months. Enough running in time I think. Are you waiting for the fanboys on here to give it the thumbs up :D

I love the look of the case, but it needs a bracelet to do it justice imho. Also, not taking his opinions as gospel.

Besides we are all guilty of being influenced by reviewers/advertisers of many products to a greater or lesser extent whether we care to admit it or not.
Reading the C1000 Elite thread, the owner of the Elite reports that his initial dislike of the strap has receded and it has softened/stretched since purchase.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

Nothing wrong with a negative review if it is substantiated by facts. He basically says he is not a fan of CW, would not purchase a CW with his own money, but is happy to keep it as a beater. I didn't see any facts given to support his opinion. He even eludes to the fact it is a good watch. If you are going to do a paid review, at least add in a few supporting facts to your positive or negative opinions. Maybe he should have returned the watch to CW if he dislikes the brand. Now that would have been professional.

The best review I have seen so far is the one from the Time Teller. He is the Youtube reviewer that leaked the full Instagram photo's of the MkIII during the embargo. Oh that's right, he hasn't done a review of it yet. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when CW contacted him about his leaked photo's. I'm guessing they may have told him to return the watch to them because he unprofessionally broke his contract (embargo). I used to watch some of his videos on YouTube, but his lack of professionalism trying to scoop the competition during the embargo has put me off watching him.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Timsikhile

Post by Timsikhile »

Love it!!
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

I have just ordered the Blue GMT :)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

AdDaMan wrote:I have just ordered the Blue GMT :)
Excellent !
That version in particular is really calling me.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Re: Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMTq

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Yeah but I want the Irn Bru bezel (Blue/Orange) :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMTq

Post by angusbon »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Yeah but I want the Irn Bru bezel (Blue/Orange) Image
That name could stick Image