Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMT

Post by jkbarnes »

I just watched this review on YouTube, and while I don't particularly care for his review (his style, not his opinion), the images of the new GMT are wonderful! Mute the audio and just revel in the images. The blue color is absolutely stunning, if you ask me.

One thing I did like about his review was his discussion of the hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGgvD9mCPVI
Drew
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Stunning Images of the Mk 3 GMT

Post by nbg »

Thanks for posting. As you say some good shots that show the blue colour as rather attractive.

I did listen and to me his style turned out not to be as annoying as a few others. However I think he should have made more of the case finish and detailing.

Interesting comment about now deciding to ditch his SKX, as effectively it’s now been replaced by the Trident.

As is generally the case with YouTube reviews the comments section is quite entertaining, albeit he seemed to come in for some unnecessary stick.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

nbg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:47 am However I think he should have made more of the case finish and detailing.

Interesting comment about now deciding to ditch his SKX, as effectively it’s now been replaced by the Trident.
Exactly. I felt there wasn’t much to the review other that “I’m not a CW fan, but the watch is nice enough that I’ll keep it.”

And interesting that he comments on the price point making it an expensive watch (with him comparing the cost to a mortgage payment), but then he describes it as a beater!
Drew
Crossi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by Crossi »

Almost as though he feels that he shouldn't be impressed but is
C9 Chrono / C9 / C10 MkI / C11 / C5 Slimline / C60 Pro 600 Red / C4 Peregrine / C60 Pro 600 Green / C70 VW
Vintage Omega Seamaster Gold (Birth year watch)
Omega Seamaster Pro Quartz
Tag 2000 Classic
TW Steel Goliath
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Another "influencer" luxuriating in his oh so important (unjustified) opinions, I couldn't take even the half of it - sound muted.

Photography is good, would work even better if he kept from wallowing oh so self indulgently.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Yes he didn't come over a CW's biggest fan, in fact some of his comments at the start made me instantly take a dislike to the guy.

He did make some positive comments though and ultimately gave the mk3 the dubious honour of being his weekend beater, in place of an SKX, woohoo.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Archie Luxury had something to say about him and this review. Worth hunting down for a laugh.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Whilst not agreeing with everything he said, he did confirm my fears over that awful strap.

I was very tempted by the Elite but hesitant about the new hybrid strap. I would’ve snapped it up on a bracelet.

So his review has saved me from ordering and returning it.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Beautiful blue GMT but it would have to be on bracelet for me.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

TheBeatles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm Whilst not agreeing with everything he said, he did confirm my fears over that awful strap.
if you believe him. I prefer to wait, allow a little running in time and see what people here think.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm Whilst not agreeing with everything he said, he did confirm my fears over that awful strap.
if you believe him. I prefer to wait, allow a little running in time and see what people here think.
Bit of a Larra paradox, really. Do we allow our buying decisions to be dictated by one rather opinionated individual?

That’s the problem with influencers, I guess. They influence.

I’m comfortable in the “suck it and see” camp. Master of my fate, Captain of my soul and all that.

Having said that, I don’t like rubber straps anyway. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Bit of a Larra paradox, really. Do we allow our buying decisions to be dictated by one rather opinionated individual?

That’s the problem with influencers, I guess. They influence.

I’m comfortable in the “suck it and see” camp. Master of my fate, Captain of my soul and all that.

Having said that, I don’t like rubber straps anyway. :lol:
Well now, Steve that is just being polite - "rather opinionated"? That "review" was nothing but self indulgent opinion, no comparisons, rationale or objectivity.

Influencers influence the weak minded and/or lazy - DYOR must always be the rallying call.

I admit to a being ambiguous wrt rubber straps - can be very practical, comfortable even, but not on a dress watch for me at least :lol:

cheers

nik
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

After the many, many paid reviews to be found online, the one reviewer who " dared " to criticise even in a small way is met with distain and negativety.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

angusbon wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:17 pm After the many, many paid reviews to be found online, the one reviewer who " dared " to criticise even in a small way is met with distain and negativety.

No. Criticism backed up with evidence is welcome. Childish opinion is just pathetic.

The guy was paid with a free watch and collects monetisation on his channel = paid review, so let's have some professionalism.
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

No.
So what you're saying, because he got a free watch and gets paid for his channel he HAS to like your watch?!
Now that's childish....