What would you like to see next?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

What would you like to see next?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

We’ve had dress watches, divers, fliegers, motorsport watches, chronographs mechanical and quartz, even a monopusher, we’ve had moonphase, GMT, world timers, jump-hours, regulators, we’ve had steel, titanium, ceramics, gold plate and PVD, the list goes on and forgive me if I have missed any of your favourites out! :lol:

But here’s the question...if you could whisper into the shell-like ears of the great and good at CW Towers, what would you ask them to make next? Style, complications, materials?

I think a mechanical alarm would be fun, but get your ideas in. Preferably something they haven’t done before.

NB. This is PURELY for entertainment. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: What would you like to see next?

Post by Clach77 »

That’s easy. :D

Black ceramic case (like the C1000) diver with tritium markers and hands (like the C600). Ideally with an SH21 movement.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

Something with a carbon forged case. There still pretty uncommon and given the success of the bronze would love to see their take on it.
Matt
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

A Brass C65 Classic (Bezel-less) 40-42mm chap - but not with the Mark 3 Handset ...... :clap:
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I think they are already going to do it With their upcoming military line, but if not, a field watch similar to the Hamilton Khaki Field. I love my Hamilton, and it would be great to see a CW version of this style of watch. A great everyday, clearly legible timepiece. Fingers crossed the new military line fits the bill.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

C1, SH21 with big date, small seconds and power reserve indicator in 18K. Gold is good!

I reckon CW could do that for £4995, be a killer in the luxury market.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:14 pm C1, SH21 with big date, small seconds and power reserve indicator in 18K. Gold is good!

I reckon CW could do that for £4995, be a killer in the luxury market.
White gold, maybe. Yellow gold, just no. Yellow gold watches on blokes should be confined to 80’s/90’s darts players - The Bobbie George look just isn’t a good one.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

TigerChris wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:19 pm
White gold, maybe. Yellow gold, just no. Yellow gold watches on blokes should be confined to 80’s/90’s darts players - The Bobbie George look just isn’t a good one.
Well Chris, we'll have to agree to differ on that. Elegant gold watches on leather are for me the ultimate in refined good looks, particularly when worn with a good suit. I will concede on blingy gold bracelets though!

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Yellow gold watches on blokes should be confined to 80’s/90’s darts players - The Bobbie George look just isn’t a good one.
Now this man disagrees
1342967131.jpg

I'm actually warming to two tone silver and gold watches, e.g. Tudor S & G chrono, wouldn't say no to making that my fourth Tudor at some point.
bb_h.jpg
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

H0rati0 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Well Chris, we'll have to agree to differ on that. Elegant gold watches on leather are for me the ultimate in refined good looks, particularly when worn with a good suit. I will concede on blingy gold bracelets though!

nik
All personal preference, I’ve just never been a yellow gold person. I’m not a suit person either though, so I’m not exactly the target market for ‘refined good looks’ :lol:
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

mvlow wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:48 pm I think they are already going to do it With their upcoming military line, but if not, a field watch similar to the Hamilton Khaki Field. I love my Hamilton, and it would be great to see a CW version of this style of watch. A great everyday, clearly legible timepiece. Fingers crossed the new military line fits the bill.
In the military line, I would love to see a bi-directional, 12 hour, "poor man's GMT" bezel, with lume please. Maybe the same type of 12 hour bezel for the current C65 and C60 watches could be an option as well.

Also, a bi-directional bezel on the GMT models for the C65 and C60 lines would be nice instead of the unidirectional bezels they use, but not a huge deal.
Best regards,
John
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Yellow gold watches on blokes should be confined to 80’s/90’s darts players - The Bobbie George look just isn’t a good one.
Now this man disagrees

1342967131.jpg

I'm actually warming to two tone silver and gold watches, e.g. Tudor S & G chrono, wouldn't say no to making that my fourth Tudor at some point.

bb_h.jpg
:lol: :lol: Good old Bobbie looking as good as ever.

That Tudor is a weird one for me - on distressed black leather I think it looks quite good. On the bracelet I think it’s hideous. Maybe when I’m a bit older I might appreciate 2 tone a little more though :lol: Although, strangely, I quite like the new oris bronze 2 tone - I may just be a little strange :lol:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

TigerChris wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:51 pm
All personal preference, I’ve just never been a yellow gold person. I’m not a suit person either though, so I’m not exactly the target market for ‘refined good looks’ :lol:
Noted!

I used to have a Blancpain Villeret, about 8mm tall, very plain and simple but still automatic with date. Gorgeous for best. Of course in those days the prices were not the insanity of today. I don't own a gold wrist watch these days but my next purchase will probably be one - unless I get waylaid first of course :shock:

I also have a practical reason for liking gold - it is so easy to repair. Scratches polish out easily. Dents/chips, fill and polish. After a service the watch comes back as good as new. For me that's important as I buy a watch to keep and wear. Of course after a while it needs a bit of TLC and I think the outside should be able to be as well restored as the inside - without the necessity to replace the case. What if spares are no longer available?

Do agree that gold's not for everyone and for me only on occasion, but they do have a part to play in the stable.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TigerChris wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:59 pm
That Tudor is a weird one for me - on distressed black leather I think it looks quite good. On the bracelet I think it’s hideous. Maybe when I’m a bit older I might appreciate 2 tone a little more though :lol: Although, strangely, I quite like the new oris bronze 2 tone - I may just be a little strange :lol:
I'm 52 Chris and you're maybe the right side of 50 iirc. When I was your age "young man" ( :lol: ) I too didn't really like gold watches at all, now I could tolerate, even like, a two tone S & G...so it must be an age thing :problem:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I will go with Steve' suggestion. I would love to see a mechanical alarm. Perhaps with a certain London clock tower sound.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.