New field/military watch?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

New field/military watch?

Post by timor54 »

Amongst all the excitement surrounding the Trident 3 release nothing has been discussed about another potential new release.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if my understanding of the Manchester GTG is accurate Mike France said to expect an announcement of a field/military watch in ‘about nine days or so’. Secondly, at the Edinburgh GTG he also seemed to be praising the design of the Omega Aqua Terra as inspiration for future models.

Any views, rumours, undercover intelligence on what might be coming? Maybe a non-bezel C65/C60 based design?

Just thought I’d chuck this out there...
Tim
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: New field/military watch?

Post by jkbarnes »

Ooh! I'm intrigued!
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I wonder if this has any relevance.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 am I wonder if this has any relevance.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
It wasn't that long ago that Bremont were bragging about their similar 'unique' relationship with the armed forces :lol:

https://www.bremont.com/collections/the ... collection Bremont are masters of Bul$%@#!
Tim
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

I sent Mike France an email about these new military watches, in particular asking for them to produce a Royal Marines version. There are many of us former and serving Royal Marines that would not buy a a Royal Navy insignia watch even though technically the Royal Marines are a part of the Royal Navy. Think USMC buying a U.S. Navy watch. Not going to happen. I think Bremont missed the boat on this one as their new military line only includes RAF, Army, and RN, but not Royal Marines.

Mike responded to my email immediately and said they will be producing a Royal Marines version in the future. IMHO, this will be a good seller for former and serving Royal Marines. At CW prices many serving enlisted ranks could afford one of these watches, whereas the pricing of a Bremont might be out of their reach. I would definitely purchase a CW field watch with Royal Marines insignia. Excited to see what they produce.

Here's Mikes email response to my question.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 9.06.24 AM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
mattjary
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 25

Post by mattjary »

I think a cw military watch is a great idea, maybe on the lines of cwc, Hamilton or even my favourite of all time a green plastic cased benrus mil-w-46374.
rambothejambo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by rambothejambo »

Mike responded to my email immediately and said they will be producing a Royal Marines version in the future. IMHO, this will be a good seller for former and serving Royal Marines. Count me in as a definite buyer of any CW watch with a RM connection. Good work mvlow, also loving the fact that you (like me), would never wear anything with a RN logo! Gary.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Might we get an 'Official' reissue of the C7 Ad Astra?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

rambothejambo wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm Mike responded to my email immediately and said they will be producing a Royal Marines version in the future. IMHO, this will be a good seller for former and serving Royal Marines. Count me in as a definite buyer of any CW watch with a RM connection. Good work mvlow, also loving the fact that you (like me), would never wear anything with a RN logo! Gary.
Thanks for taking the time to email Mike France. The more people that let CW know we are interested in an RM version the better chance we have of getting one. If they make one I will spread the word to my non-watch collecting former RM oppos who will also no doubt be interested. There are some cheap RM branded quartz watches out there, but a CW auto or mechanical field watch would be so much better.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Tim
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

timor54 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:51 pm
CW UK Armed Forces press release
Interesting press release. Thanks for posting it. I took a couple of points from it:
Five watch makers are now allowed to use UK armed forces insignia (Breitiling, CW, Casio and Bremont - but who's the fifth?)
CW are allowed to use insignia on watches priced between 500 GBP and 1000 GBP. I guess we know how much the military watches will cost then (in a range at least).
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

One more point...
Watches using the insignia will be available in the October/November time frame.
In the light of CW's past practices if this means they will announced earlier as a pre-release for delivery in October/November or if they will announced in October/November.
Good things ahead for armed forces fans.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris