C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by TigerChris »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:04 pm And this baby is flying back to Dublin with me :-)

Congrats. Glad you had a good visit. That Elite looks good. I’m still toying with whether it is too close, colours wise, to my Staghorn to warrant one. I don’t suppose there was any hints that they may introduce another colour to the Elite range in the future was there?
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I miss you asqwerth

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
2otto2

Post by 2otto2 »

tommo81 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 am Would anyone else trade a few hundred metres water resistance for a thinner case?
absolutely yes.
I love my Eterna 1856 KonTiki with 200m and 8.5mm. Right now I don't feel like needing a watch with 1.5x thickness...
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

scooter wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:37 pm I miss you asqwerth

scooter
I do miss you and some of the old gang as well, but I feel as if I have nothing much to say any more.

I'm still enjoying my CW watches (in fact, I find myself wearing the 2017 FLE a fair bit on a cheerful red lizard strap) and the others in my collection. The collection itself hasn't changed at all, except that I finally got myself the Bremont Solo 37 with rose gold indices that I'd been eyeing for a long time. 8)

But that actually happened quite some time ago during my forum silence.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

That Elite is nice and on the front page of the Loupe magazine that has just come through my letterbox.
Johnny
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:20 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Congrats! Very nice indeed! Glad you enjoyed CW towers, it’s a great place for viewing the ranges.
Visited from Dublin eh? A true enthusiast. Have a safe journey back. :thumbup:
I was over on business, the company I work for had an office 3 minutes walk away :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very handy. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

asqwerth wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 pm I do miss you and some of the old gang as well, but I feel as if I have nothing much to say any more.

I'm still enjoying my CW watches (in fact, I find myself wearing the 2017 FLE a fair bit on a cheerful red lizard strap) and the others in my collection. The collection itself hasn't changed at all, except that I finally got myself the Bremont Solo 37 with rose gold indices that I'd been eyeing for a long time.
I'm very much the same my dear.

I bet that Bremont suits you well. It's a brand that I keep a watching brief on.

Take care of yourself.

scooter x
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

asqwerth wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm This is my first post in goodness knows how long.
Glad you're still sort-of here :thumbup:
FlyboyChris
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FlyboyChris »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:04 pm
Devarika Woulf wrote:
McDaWisel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 pmLooking froward to the visit! My main interest is the C65 Pepsi... I want to see the colours in real life, I have a feeling the pictures don't do it justice.
Take a peek for me too! That's a model I have my eye on but the pictures are a bit blah. :D
Good visit this morning. The C65 Pepsi looks great, it’s quite slim and refined on a metal strap - felt modern. On leather I felt the 60s vibe they were going for. Really nice! A little small on my wrist, but that’s probably because I am used to a 19mm thick Sinn 103 beast.

And this baby is flying back to Dublin with me :-)

I’d been on the fence between a C65 GMT Pepsi and the Elite 1000 LE but your photo just sealed the deal for me. I’ve just pulled the trigger and ordered mine for June along with an extra plain blue strap for when I fancy a change! Nice little present to myself I think, now to break the news to the wife! :shock:
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

FlyboyChris wrote:
I’d been on the fence between a C65 GMT Pepsi and the Elite 1000 LE but your photo just sealed the deal for me. I’ve just pulled the trigger and ordered mine for June along with an extra plain blue strap for when I fancy a change! Nice little present to myself I think, now to break the news to the wife! :shock:
Nice, well done & congrats! I don’t think you’ll regret that purchase, it really is beautiful! They are two very different watches, and I think I might still get the Pepsi later this year. So far very happy with the Elite. It’s been running -1.5s/day. Pretty decent, but then that’s what you expect from a COSC. Strap is a bit stiff at the moment and won’t bend around the wrist - I have strapped it tightly around one of those watch box cushions to wear it in a little.
FlyboyChris
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FlyboyChris »

McDaWisel wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:11 pm
FlyboyChris wrote:
Nice, well done & congrats! I don’t think you’ll regret that purchase, it really is beautiful! They are two very different watches, and I think I might still get the Pepsi later this year. So far very happy with the Elite. It’s been running -1.5s/day. Pretty decent, but then that’s what you expect from a COSC. Strap is a bit stiff at the moment and won’t bend around the wrist - I have strapped it tightly around one of those watch box cushions to wear it in a little.
Did they mention in the store whether the straps will mould over time? I’ve seen in a couple of reviews that they’re pretty stiff to begin with.
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

I didn't ask, but I will report back in a day or two!
Rooster
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Rooster »

Does anyone have a photo comparing a MK2 blue the the new Mk3 blue? I know some will like the pop of the new blue (from what I can see on my screen) but I prefer the old, darker blue and would love to see how different (or not) they are in reality.

The Mk3 is growing on me every day and I think the more refined case is a winner.

Dylan
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

Any chance of a mock up to see what the MK3 would look like with the old logo? Just to see what might have been.
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

I just saw one of the blog posts that showed the bezel was lumed for the Elite model. Would that also be the case for the standard C60? What about the C60 GMT?