C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by nordwulf »

Thanks for the feedback Guy and Kip. We look at these things differently and I wouldn’t expect anything less from you as the unofficial CW ambassadors. :)

Lots of talk about the new C60 on the CWA group and forums. Some like it and others have lost faith in the brand. The only important thing is how it will sell and I think it will do good for the regular younger consumer who is looking for a more modern and mainstream design. I think it was mentioned in the GTG video the average age of CW customers is now 41.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

If CW have cribbed, they have stood on the shoulders of giants to push the limits.

Evolution - and the price is right.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
tommo81
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by tommo81 »

Would anyone else trade a few hundred metres water resistance for a thinner case? Would 200m water resistance permit a few mm's less? The 38mm case particularly is too top heavy.
Other than that, I'm a fan of the new design in blue. With the exception of the logo which still puts me off buying anything.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

tommo81 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 am Would anyone else trade a few hundred metres water resistance for a thinner case? Would 200m water resistance permit a few mm's less? The 38mm case particularly is too top heavy.
Not I. A dive watch is just that, otherwise there are plenty of thinner case styles - C65 for example.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

H0rati0 wrote:
tommo81 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:40 am Would anyone else trade a few hundred metres water resistance for a thinner case? Would 200m water resistance permit a few mm's less? The 38mm case particularly is too top heavy.
Not I. A dive watch is just that, otherwise there are plenty of thinner case styles - C65 for example.
Agreed H0rati0.

The C65 Trident Diver range, with 150WR, covers the 'Recreational' dive watch category.

C60 Trident Pro is the 'Professional' dive watch.

Yes, the 38mm is perhaps not as proportionately as well balanced as the 42mm, but that to me gives it a certain charm. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tommo81
Senior
Senior

Post by tommo81 »

Agree the 42mm looks fine but reducing the diameter by c. 10% to 38mm and leaving the thickness unchanged doesn't look right to me.
200m is dive certified. Is another 400m really useful?!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If you look at the Tech details for each watch the 38mm is not as thick as the 42mm. Albeit not by much.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

tommo81 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:29 am Agree the 42mm looks fine but reducing the diameter by c. 10% to 38mm and leaving the thickness unchanged doesn't look right to me.
200m is dive certified. Is another 400m really useful?!
Absolutely pointless in my view. :)

For brands it is just either a proxy for their ability to design a watch with that level of WR, or just because they know that customers think higher WR equals better watch - therefore an excellent marketing tool.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

nordwulf wrote:Thanks for the feedback Guy and Kip. We look at these things differently and I wouldn’t expect anything less from you as the unofficial CW ambassadors. :)

Lots of talk about the new C60 on the CWA group and forums. Some like it and others have lost faith in the brand. The only important thing is how it will sell and I think it will do good for the regular younger consumer who is looking for a more modern and mainstream design. I think it was mentioned in the GTG video the average age of CW customers is now 41.
How do you lose faith in a brand just because designs they choose to use aren’t to your taste..?!

Buggered if I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
McDaWisel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 pmLooking froward to the visit! My main interest is the C65 Pepsi... I want to see the colours in real life, I have a feeling the pictures don't do it justice.
Take a peek for me too! That's a model I have my eye on but the pictures are a bit blah. :D
Good visit this morning. The C65 Pepsi looks great, it’s quite slim and refined on a metal strap - felt modern. On leather I felt the 60s vibe they were going for. Really nice! A little small on my wrist, but that’s probably because I am used to a 19mm thick Sinn 103 beast.

Brand new Trid3nts at the showroom:

And this baby is flying back to Dublin with me :-)

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

This is my first post in goodness knows how long.

I have to say I do NOT miss these forum arguments about the logo or losing faith in a brand because of a design one does not like. :-P

Design-wise, I think it's "Trident-y" enough. I don't particularly think of it as a homage.

From what I see, quality has been upped, and I like the idea of the quick release bracelet and love the bezel lume.

If I were looking for a Trident (but I'm not because I have 3!), I would still go for the 38mm as a female with slim wrists. 40mm is very wearable for me, but 38mm is still better.

But I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that the Trident no longer comes with a dressy leather strap option.

I'm still very happy with my 38mm W61 (original 38mm C60 Trident) with its fitted semi-glossy black strap and deployant. No doubt they expect watch owners could just get a 3rd party leather strap now that it's so easy to remove the bracelet, but 3rd party straps usually won't be fitted at the lug ends and so there'll be a gap at the lug ends.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

McDaWisel wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:04 pm
Devarika Woulf wrote:
McDaWisel wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 pmLooking froward to the visit! My main interest is the C65 Pepsi... I want to see the colours in real life, I have a feeling the pictures don't do it justice.
Take a peek for me too! That's a model I have my eye on but the pictures are a bit blah. :D
Good visit this morning. The C65 Pepsi looks great, it’s quite slim and refined on a metal strap - felt modern. On leather I felt the 60s vibe they were going for. Really nice! A little small on my wrist, but that’s probably because I am used to a 19mm thick Sinn 103 beast.

Brand new Trid3nts at the showroom:

And this baby is flying back to Dublin with me :-)

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-.com/20190502/4affef9d43b5fe9d156832355ad0e6c5.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats! Very nice indeed! Glad you enjoyed CW towers, it’s a great place for viewing the ranges.
Visited from Dublin eh? A true enthusiast. Have a safe journey back. :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

asqwerth wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm This is my first post in goodness knows how long.
asqwerth! It's very good to see you post again. We have missed your words of wisdom around here! :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

Essex Paul wrote: Congrats! Very nice indeed! Glad you enjoyed CW towers, it’s a great place for viewing the ranges.
Visited from Dublin eh? A true enthusiast. Have a safe journey back. :thumbup:
I was over on business, the company I work for had an office 3 minutes walk away :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

welshlad wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:13 pm
asqwerth wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:15 pm This is my first post in goodness knows how long.
asqwerth! It's very good to see you post again. We have missed your words of wisdom around here! :thumbup:
Hi, welshlad!

Not much time to even visit the site nowadays, let alone post. Have been keeping in touch with new watch models only by way of Loupe and CW's emails. Decided to pop by for a short visit after the announcement of the Trident Mk 3.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen