Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 - Media Launch

Post by watchaholic »

20190430_210108.jpg
Hmmmmm.
Quick comparison
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Rhorya

Post by Rhorya »

Swing and a big miss for me. I don’t care for the hands at all. The double logos is silly.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Rhorya wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:45 am Swing and a big miss for me. I don’t care for the hands at all. The double logos is silly.
Funny what works for one doesn't for the next. I have an ACAN with a lot of open space under the marker at 12 and have wondered why the embossed logo was left off.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

watchaholic wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:05 am 20190430_210108.jpgQuick comparison
As far as dive watches go they're very different. Bezel, hands, font, dial text, date placement all clearly distinguishable from one another.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

mvlow wrote:Guy, How does the 42mm feel on the wrist compared to the MkII? Does that 1mm make any real difference?
TigerChris wrote:The lug to lug length looks slightly shorter to me than the MK2.
How does the 42mm wear? GOOD. Image Really sits on my wrist well.

Bottom line; the Mk3 is smaller, not by much but it is. Lug2lug is shorter by a bit too. This along with the sculpted case, a la C65, makes it wear smaller.

I'd wager that those who, from the 43mm Mk2 think they want a 40mm will find the 42mm Mk3 agreeable, but at the same time those (like me) who feel comfortable with the 43mm Mk2 will be fine with the Mk3.
jkbarnes wrote:Guy, can you get a shot of your Mk 2 next to the Mk 3?
Comparison photo of 43/42mm Mk2/mk3. Somewhat deceptive as the Mk2 is sitting higher, and the bracelet vs strap provides its own optical effect; making the Mk3 look smaller than it is.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

38mm Trident Pro 600 from the GTG.

Guy

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Any photos with the hands opposite each other to show how much, if at all, the end of the minute hand overhangs the base of the arrow on the hour hand?
Bahnstormer_vRS

Mikkei4 wrote:Any photos with the hands opposite each other to show how much, if at all, the end of the minute hand overhangs the base of the arrow on the hour hand?
This do?

No issue in my view. How about you?

Guy

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thanks Guy, that's just what I wanted to see as somebody mentioned it when only the teasers were out but it hadn't been mentioned anywhere since.

An issue ? I think it would have looked better if there'd been a longer bit of hour hand before the base of the arrow started thus preventing the overhang at all. It would have also pushed the point of the arrow closer to the hour markers which I think would have been good.

Would this feature alone prevent me buying 1 ? Looking at just the photos probably not but I need to go to see Declan at the showroom to make any final decision as I have a probably well known other issue that I don't know if I can get over despite really liking the blue GMT in the photos.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:23 am Thanks Guy, that's just what I wanted to see as somebody mentioned it when only the teasers were out but it hadn't been mentioned anywhere since.

An issue ? I think it would have looked better if there'd been a longer bit of hour hand before the base of the arrow started thus preventing the overhang at all. It would have also pushed the point of the arrow closer to the hour markers which I think would have been good.

Would this feature alone prevent me buying 1 ? Looking at just the photos probably not but I need to go to see Declan at the showroom to make any final decision as I have a probably well known other issue that I don't know if I can get over despite really liking the blue GMT in the photos.
The twin flags under 12 really diminishes the logo issue for me. These mk3s' dial branding do look better conceived.

I too like the blue GMT, but ideally I would like a contrasting bezel colour, probably orange. The black/red contrast looks great but would prefer a blue dial. Plenty of time though.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

AdDaMan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 pm
timor54 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 pm The blue dial on blue fabric strap has had the biggest initial impact on me.

And it may be just an impression but the new handset looks better proportioned on the 42mm versions?
Yes they were definitely designed specifically for the 42mm version. They hit the markers perfectly etc
It seems to me that it is only the 40mm that has the short hour hand problem, I suspect they are using the 38mm's hand. Both 38 & 42mm look nicely proportioned IMHO.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

That photograph of attendees seems to confirm that the average age buying profile has come down quite a lot over the years.

I'm suddenly feeling old.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

H0rati0 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am
AdDaMan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 pm
timor54 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 pm The blue dial on blue fabric strap has had the biggest initial impact on me.

And it may be just an impression but the new handset looks better proportioned on the 42mm versions?
Yes they were definitely designed specifically for the 42mm version. They hit the markers perfectly etc
It seems to me that it is only the 40mm that has the short hour hand problem, I suspect they are using the 38mm's hand. Both 38 & 42mm look nicely proportioned IMHO.
Is there really a "problem" here? :?
Remember that we're looking at enlarged pictures.
Scaled to size on my CAD package, the 40mm hour hand is ~0.7mm longer than the 38mm hour hand and the gap between the hand and marker on the 40mm is ~0.5mm.
Really don't think there will be a perceivable difference in person unless your looking for it.
Ryan
McDaWisel
Expert
Expert

Post by McDaWisel »

scooter wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am That photograph of attendees seems to confirm that the average age buying profile has come down quite a lot over the years.

I'm suddenly feeling old.

scooter
So you're saying the mechanical craftsman swiss watch industry isn't doomed after all? :problem:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Eh?

Where does your little yellow friend get that from?

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)