C1 Russel case back screw

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
R_cooper

C1 Russel case back screw

Post by R_cooper »

But of a long shot, while replacing the battery on my C1 I lost one of the case back screws, CW customer services were no help insisting I need to send the watch back to get a new screw and would not give any information about the screw I need. I am wondering if anyone hear knows the correct screw size.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C1 Russel case back screw

Post by Kip »

I would try a local jeweler or dealer. They usually have an assortment of screws around around for their own screw ups or to replace stripped ones.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Odd that they wouldn’t just tell you. Wonder what the risk is.
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Could be that they don't actually know. The watches are assembled in Switzerland by their suppliers, they'll likely have a bunch of spare parts for that watch from the supplier, but I can imagine the situation where they don't hold the specifications for all the parts or that the parts are specific to a model and not available outside their supplier.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

richtel wrote:Could be that they don't actually know. The watches are assembled in Switzerland by their suppliers, they'll likely have a bunch of spare parts for that watch from the supplier, but I can imagine the situation where they don't hold the specifications for all the parts or that the parts are specific to a model and not available outside their supplier.
I suppose, but I think if Wera was still there she’d have taken the 15 seconds to email Switzerland and find out.
statto
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 11

Post by statto »

That's a shame. I had a similar issue with a Citizen watch and Citizen UK supplied me with a set of 4 screws for free.
Cheers

Paul
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

gatehealing wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:24 pm
richtel wrote:Could be that they don't actually know. The watches are assembled in Switzerland by their suppliers, they'll likely have a bunch of spare parts for that watch from the supplier, but I can imagine the situation where they don't hold the specifications for all the parts or that the parts are specific to a model and not available outside their supplier.
I suppose, but I think if Wera was still there she’d have taken the 15 seconds to email Switzerland and find out.
I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to so may have missed it. What happened to Wera? She was always great to work with.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

Vicious49 wrote:
gatehealing wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:24 pm
I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to so may have missed it. What happened to Wera? She was always great to work with.
She stepped down. Cannot remember why.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Wera left in June 2017.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.