C65 Blue Auto - Help with Straps

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

C65 Blue Auto - Help with Straps

Post by TP Fit »

I will be purchasing the new C65 Blue Automatic soon but wanted to get a jump on some straps before it comes in. I am not sure of the default camel leather strap and I don't wear bracelets (just a personal preference). This watch will probably be an everyday watch for the office under a cuff and out of the office, living an active life style. I'm always running, hiking, kayaking, swimming etc... I don't think one strap will fit all occasions but just looking for ideas that would suit the office place and some straps that would be good for an active lifestyle. I'm looking for good quality straps, that look great. If you have specific ideas please send me brand and some pics. I appreciate any help!

Cheers, its Friday!!!
Attachments
christopher-ward-c65-ig-26.jpg
chrisbowen159

Re: C65 Blue Auto - Help with Straps

Post by chrisbowen159 »

Lovely watch. Have had the exact combination in my basket for a couple of weeks. I’m hoping a summer discount code comes out before I commit.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

You can’t beat a Nato/Zulu ...have a look at Gecko :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

kiter65 wrote:You can’t beat a Nato/Zulu ...have a look at Gecko Image
The CW NATOs are excellent quality, easily a match for those from Omega or Tudor.

Khaki would look good.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

NATO or rubber for active living. The camel I think is a perfect match for casual wear. Dark brown or black leather would dress it up nicely for the office.
As far as a 'one strap' solution, maybe something in a waterproof leather, like a stingray strap? Black, dark brown or dark blue would all work, although black would be the least interesting with the blue I think.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Thanks, Guy!

I was thinking khaki but wasn't sure. I will take a look both CW and Gecko. A water proof leather would be ideal as well.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

My C65 blue hand wound is a bracelet watch for me. I tried it on the camel oak but couldn’t take to it.
2E48EBDB-E4C6-421E-A738-EBF5C20C5372.jpeg
257AFCFD-8416-4435-AE10-7ECD61A33ACB.jpeg
However, when we had our last meeting at CW Towers, Mike France was wearing one on a dark brown oak leather strap and it looked superb.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

I have a blue CW rubber for my C60 Trident which I find myself coming back to. Chunky, comfy and I would recommend for active living. The only downside is no quick release.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Hey Guy,

Is it just user error, or there is no khaki 22 nato on CW site?

Thanks
Bahnstormer_vRS

TP Fit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Hey Guy,

Thanks
Hmm; strange.

There is a page for the 22mm NATOs but it doesn't show you any available to buy (as it does for the 20mm NATOs).

I know that CW are not offering NATOs on any of their watches to buy and that, I believe, they are running down stock with no intention to replace.

Perhaps a call to them on Tuesday is required.

Guy

Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Screenshot 2019-04-19 12.08.00.png
H0rati0 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 pm I have a blue CW rubber for my C60 Trident which I find myself coming back to. Chunky, comfy and I would recommend for active living. The only downside is no quick release.
My blue C65 came with the CW blue rubber strap. I initially didn't wear it much because as H0ratio0 mentions it does not have quick release spring bars and I like to change my straps often. Also, the polished buckle seemed out of place with the overall aesthetic. But I have been wearing it a lot recently, and I think for a versatile strap that works at the office (where a polished buckle might be a plus), and for athletic activities, it's hard to beat. The strap does have tiny cut outs so using a spring bar tool is much easier (kind of like a bracelet's cutouts). CW seems to have phased out the black rubber strap, but the blue ones are still for sale. Hope the picture helps (the blue can look almost black in certain lights, but this is the blue strap).
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:13 pm
TP Fit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:57 pm Hey Guy,

Thanks
Hmm; strange.

There is a page for the 22mm NATOs but it doesn't show you any available to buy (as it does for the 20mm NATOs).

I know that CW are not offering NATOs on any of their watches to buy and that, I believe, they are running down stock with no intention to replace.

Perhaps a call to them on Tuesday is required.

Guy
I have a Toxic Nato nylon strap in Olive Green that might be close to the CW Khaki color. They have great customer service at www.toxicnatos.com
Screenshot 2019-04-19 12.21.34.png
Best regards,
John
Bahnstormer_vRS

Might be worth waiting to see what the new Cordura Hybrid strap, due out with the C60 Trident MkIII, is like.

The CW Khaki is quite brown, the Toxicnato looks more green.

Guy

Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 pm Might be worth waiting to see what the new Cordura Hybrid strap, due out with the C60 Trident MkIII, is like.

The CW Khaki is quite brown, the Toxicnato looks more green.

Guy

I always thought Khaki was brown too, but since CW call their "green" C65 "Khaki," I guessed maybe the CW Khaki nato was also green-ish in hue. I should have looked to see beforehand!
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

TP Fit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:42 pm I will be purchasing the new C65 Blue Automatic soon but wanted to get a jump on some straps before it comes in. I am not sure of the default camel leather strap and I don't wear bracelets (just a personal preference). This watch will probably be an everyday watch for the office under a cuff and out of the office, living an active life style. I'm always running, hiking, kayaking, swimming etc... I don't think one strap will fit all occasions but just looking for ideas that would suit the office place and some straps that would be good for an active lifestyle. I'm looking for good quality straps, that look great. If you have specific ideas please send me brand and some pics. I appreciate any help!

Cheers, its Friday!!!
TP Fit, in addition to my rubber strap and NATO, for the past week I've been wearing a strap from the Watch Steward here in the U.S. It's a different take on the Erika's Original/NDC strap using similar stretchy material. There is no strap layer underneath the watch head, which some prefer. However, if there is a spring bar failure it will not prevent the watch from falling off your wrist, unlike conventional NATOs or even Erika's. I find the strap really comfortable and would recommend it for your athletic activities. They are available at www.thewatchsteward.com. They come in 22mm to fit the C65 in a variety of colors. My strap is blue (there are three other blue varieties: steal blue (with intentional misspelling), jeans blue, and raw denim blue.
Screenshot 2019-04-19 13.09.48.png
Screenshot 2019-04-19 13.09.34.png
Screenshot 2019-04-19 13.09.10.png
Screenshot 2019-04-19 13.08.45.png
Screenshot 2019-04-19 13.08.30.png
Best regards,
John