CW c65 Automatic vs. Oris Sixty-Five (Movember)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW c65 Automatic vs. Oris Sixty-Five (Movember)

Post by 0uatiOW »

Head to head, watch only without considering the price, I would choose the Oris. On Oris’s side, the selection of models in the 65 Diver range is broad - with the 65 and the 65 Vintage, both available in several colours. The bronze-edged bezel is a nice detail, but that model isn’t really comparing like with like.

At RRP, I’m my view, the Oris doesn’t justify the extra cost, nice as it is. Mind you, you don’t expect to pay RRP for either of them.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

The picture you posted is of the Oris Movember limited edition from 2017. I own one. It is a very nice watch. The picture doesn't show the rose gold plating on the hands and indices very well. It is small (40mm) with a box sapphire crystal. The back is stainless steel with a nice engraving of the Oris flag on it. Mine keeps good time (+3.5 s/day). The original Movember strap with the moustache on it is really horrible. It's very stiff and didn't really break in at all. I replaced it for a geckota strap immediately upon getting the watch. It does come with a Nato strap but I didn't like that either. This was expensive in the US (~ $1,800) on launch in 2017. I had to go through Oris themselves to buy one because it wasn't officially sold in the US. The lume is OK but not up to Oris' normal standards.

Is it better than the C65? I don't own a C65. Some of the price of the Oris goes to the Movember charity. In terms of value for money the winner is the C65, in terms of rarity and charm I'd say it goes to the Oris.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

The Oris is a good looking watch on the whole with dial symmetry and date centred at 6 o clock. The CW has a cleaner bezel without the minute tracks that clutter up the Oris. In a straight fight on looks the Oris might just fractionally edge it but taking into account price the CW seems a better option.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
John Price
Junior
Junior

Post by John Price »

Also, take a look at the case designs. Here I think the C65 beats the Oris as well.
Bando4444

Post by Bando4444 »

CW all the way
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

Oris all the way. Heritage, brand recognition, longevity....
I have a c65 handwound and love it, but imo in the vintage Diver category the Oris 65 just can't be beaten

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Chris Ward (I believe?) admitted that the C65 design was in essence based upon the Oris Diver 65.

I think the handwound C65 is the most original (and IMO the best) of the C65 models; whilst the others, in particular the auto, are rather derivative.
Tim