C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Post by FloridaPhil »

Makes me glad I've got my Mk2 GMT. The new design is, IMO, utterly bland and boring - just like the 'logo'. At least everything now matches.

Out.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I posted the pictures last night and unfortunately my entire post was deleted and received a message from the admin team. It would have been better if the Admin team left the post in place and just censored the images. Not sure why CW would send out samples to all these "non-professional press" influencers and not expect leaked images to show up on the interwebs. But what happens on the interweb stays on the interweb so the images of the C60 Mk3 are still out there.

The current handset is one of the most defining features of the C60 and too bad the new one doesn't have an evolution of those. Especially the hour hand is very thin like the C65 and hard to see. Maybe they plan to use "the other world leader with small hands" ad campaign on this one as well. Everything else on the dial and bezel appears mostly the same. The white on black date wheel on the black dial is the only good improvement I can see.

The embossed flags at 12 still leaves a gaping dark hole. We knew the fashion word mark would be at 9 but there was still a tiny bit of hope it magically appeared at 12. No suck luck.

But I am sure this will new C60 will be a great hit because all customers love the word mark and branding. Just not for me.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:44 pm I posted the pictures last night and unfortunately my entire post was deleted. It would have been better if the Admin team left the post in place and just censored the images. Not sure why CW would send out samples to all these "non-professional press" influencers and not expect leaked images to show up on the interwebs. But what happens on the interweb stays on the interweb so the images of the C60 Mk3 are still out there.

The current handset is one of the most defining features of the C60 and too bad the new one doesn't have an evolution of those. Especially the hour hand is very thin like the C65 and hard to see. Maybe they plan to use "the other world leader with small hands" ad campaign on this one as well. Everything else on the dial and bezel appears mostly the same. The white on black date wheel on the black dial is the only good improvement I can see.

The embossed flags at 12 still leaves a gaping dark hole. We knew the fashion word mark would be at 9 but there was still a tiny bit of hope it magically appeared at 12. No suck luck.

But I am sure this will new C60 will be a great hit because all customers love the word mark and branding. Just not for me.
How do us without social media find the pictures please, Frank? Can you point me in the right direction, maybe via PM if its not allowed on here?
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Not sure if posting a link is frowned upon or will get me banned so I'll PM you the link just to be sure. ;)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Oh dear! The Trident DNA has just disappeared.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I'm underwhelmed with the leaked photo (black bezel, black dial) but will reserve judgement until it's released. I'm sure I'll get one at some stage out of curiosity, but unlikely to keep it. I have a Black SH21 which is currently unused and I was waiting for the mk3 to launch and then decide whether to return the old, or order the new. Given the price of the mk3 on bracelet is probably going to be £750-£800 I'll probably stick with the mk2 with 5 day movement that cost a similar amount.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 pm Oh dear! The Trident DNA has just disappeared.
My thoughts exactly! I see the hands and the wave pattern as part of the DNA, and now they’re gone.

In the Loupe, Adrian (I think it was Adrian?) made a comparison to the evolution of the Porsche 911. One can always identify a 911 because fundamental design cues. Sadly, I think those design cues, the hands and the wave pattern, have been designed right out!

I guess with still have to trident on the second hand though, right?
Drew
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:26 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 pm Oh dear! The Trident DNA has just disappeared.
My thoughts exactly! I see the hands and the wave pattern as part of the DNA, and now they’re gone.

In the Loupe, Adrian (I think it was Adrian?) made a comparison to the evolution of the Porsche 911. One can always identify a 911 because fundamental design cues. Sadly, I think those design cues, the hands and the wave pattern, have been designed right out!

I guess with still have to trident on the second hand though, right?
Agree 100% :thumbup:
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Blimey. The hands are dreadful. How this is a step forward I don't really know? Only my opinion of course which is generally worthless.
I also don't understand why CW has to keep tweaking things and have god knows how many versions of the same watch in such a short space of time. It's as if they just cant trust a design can be a long term success and just leave it be. I am sure there must be a reason the rolex sub or say the speedy moonwatch isn't messed about with every 2 years!
Cheers now, Paul
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

My Google-fu has failed me. Can anyone point me in the right direction, privately or otherwise?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

I don't suppose I could get my 'hands' on one of those pre-release photos please, if anybody has the time to PM them to me? I'm keen to see what extra you get for the additional £50 (as specified by Mike France recently)

I must say, my last 2 purchases from Chr.Ward have left me VERY cold, along with some returns nightmare stories doing the rounds, along with their continued 'blanding down' of their product range...now I've noticed on their homepage the C8 UTC where the minutes hand shows about 8 minutes past the hour, but the hour hand shows almost half past! They can't even seem to QC their own website images, of their OWN watches - what hope do us perfectionists have of actually receiving "a good'un".

Now the infamous Trident sounds like it's now just another diver watch with no differentiators - I could be wrong of course (I badly wanna see those photos!!), but I do trust the opinions of the forum regulars.

I must say though, the C8 UTC in black is still a beautiful looking watch, perhaps one of their last great designs? (but misaligned hands....not acceptable, I ain't buying one to save myself the hassle).
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

triffidman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:39 pm Now the infamous Trident sounds like it's now just another diver watch with no differentiators - I could be wrong of course (I badly wanna see those photos!!), but I do trust the opinions of the forum regulars.
But the formula of a dive watch is so popular for so many brands. if a company want to shift a lot of product why not produce 'just another' dive watch.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Mods are going to be busy removing pictures for the month of April...

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:50 pm Mods are going to be busy removing pictures for the month of April...
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Hopefully CW will release a few teaser photos shortly, but it's a bit silly now that the pics, albeit only a few can be found online.
Not sure whether the Mods have received one yet, but it would be ironic for removing pics of a watch that the Mods are wearing!

Chris