Logo complaints - I get it now

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Logo complaints - I get it now

Post by jkbarnes »

I used to bemoan the inevitable complaint about the new logo that would always work its way into a thread. I’d think to myself, “been there, done that, so why must we rehash it?” or, “honestly, what’s the big deal? It’s just one small detail.”

But now, having caught a brief glimpse of the Mk 3 Trident before the pics disappeared, I have to say I get it. There’s no way I can get past those new hands! It’s not that they’re ugly, they’re just not a Trident! I feel like the previous hands were part of the DNA of the Trident line. Any time I see the Mk 3, I’ll think “why?” and say I’ll never buy one.

So to the logo haters who I’ve secretly been hating on every time you commented about the logo, I’M SORRY! I understand your anguish now.
Drew
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Logo complaints - I get it now

Post by timor54 »

I might as well join in. I’ve not seen the leaked photos so can’t comment on the new handset.

Personally, I don’t like the current onion shaped hands. I find them old fashioned and overly large on an otherwise fairly modern dial design. If you then add in a GMT hand the dial starts to look very crowded.

Secondly, whilst I’ve got nothing fundamentally in principle against the logo position it’s juxtaposition with the hands at certain times of the day made it, for me anyway with my C60 GMT, difficult to read the time; i.e. at about 9:40pm the 9pm quadrant of the dial becomes a mass of hands and text. It was this primarily this cluttered dial that led me to fall out of love with my C60.

Nevertheless, I like the logo and design on my C65 handwound diver. Here I feel it works well with a more open dial landscape.
Tim
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Where were the pics of the new Trident please?

Edit: Apologies, I've now read the other thread
joeegg17
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by joeegg17 »

Also didn't see the leaked pictures , if the onion hand has indeed gone i say hurrah . Always looked old fashioned and not in a good way . Let's move on and up !
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

I viewed the FB pics at 05:15 this morning. One of the few perks of an early work day.

I have to confess, that I was more miffed at the lack of respect, that the poster had for the trust that CW had placed in him. He’s a d ick.

Watch wasn’t too bad. It’s a change but I reckon it’ll do well.

The poster is still a d ick though!
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thermexman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 pm
The poster is still a d ick though!
Are you not confusing him with this chap?
article-2083287-0002ABA1000001F4-902_468x380.jpg
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

^^^No, cos he’s a k nob!

Just dodging the *****
Steve.