C60 Chronograph Setting Time?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Old Finn

C60 Chronograph Setting Time?

Post by Old Finn »

Noob here and own several Chris Ward Watches. Got my first C60 Chronograph with the rotating seconds disc subdial. Can’t see any way to set time to the second. Is there something I’m missing looking at the disc, or is it just for looks? With my other Tridents, I like to observe how accurate they are over 24 hours, etc.. I messaged Chris Ward directly and didn’t get any help.

Thanks
Old Finn
Reno, Nevada USA
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Re: C60 Chronograph Setting Time?

Post by Paul Drawmer »

You can't set it to the second. The movement is non-hacking, i.e. the seconds run even when the crown is pulled out to the setting position. ISTR that the 7750 movement is also notorious for backlash when setting. You need to go a couple of minutes past the time and then just move the hands back to get to the setting time.

The best way to test the accuracy is over a couple of days. It isn't a chronometer.
There's always time for one more.
Old Finn

Post by Old Finn »

This is not my first Chronograph with a Val 7750. It indeed handwinds and is hacking. I can pull the crown out to set time and the rotating disc stops. I figured the rotating disc was more of decorative thing. Won’t worry about it and just watch performance over days. I do get the backlash thing and set to the minute as you say. No it’s not a Chronometer.

Thanks Paul,
Old Finn
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Beg to differ Paul.

The 7750 is a hackable movement, at least all the ones I have are and, for example, I was able to reset to the second my C7 Auto Chronograph with the recent clock change.

Your comment about it being notorious for backlash is valid, except I only have this on one of mine. My C60 Chrono is fine.

Snag with the C60 Trident Chrono is that, with the 'breather' for the running seconds, whilst it is hackable and stops when you are setting the time, there is no marking on the rotating disc or dial to indicate a 60 seconds point.

Therefore, to answer @Old Finn, you are not able to set the time to the second. Its a small point, which I have got used to, and I have not let it detract from my overall enjoyment of the watch.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Old Finn

Post by Old Finn »

Thanks Guy, you confirmed my thoughts on that breather disc.. My C60 Chrono has the earlier logo, got a super deal on it and loving it. It’s my 10th Chris Ward and I love them all.

Regards
Old Finn
Reno, Nevada USA
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Thanks for the 7750 / hacking correction chaps. Brain is obv. fuddled!
There's always time for one more.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Paul Drawmer wrote:Thanks for the 7750 / hacking correction chaps. Brain is obv. fuddled!
Don't worry Paul. Can happen to the best of us.

I think it's a while since you had a 7750 powered watch and then, the C9 Harrison Chrono, it didn't have running seconds. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:39 pm
Your comment about it being notorious for backlash is valid, except I only have this on one of mine. My C60 Chrono is fine.
Agreed but it is easily manageable and hardly a first world curse.
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:39 pmSnag with the C60 Trident Chrono is that, with the 'breather' for the running seconds, whilst it is hackable and stops when you are setting the time, there is no marking on the rotating disc or dial to indicate a 60 seconds point.

Therefore, to answer @Old Finn, you are not able to set the time to the second. Its a small point, which I have got used to, and I have not let it detract from my overall enjoyment of the watch.

Guy
I'm completely non-convinced that, to the person in a sub-aquatic scenario, the breather display gives quicker confirmation that the watch IS running. I mean, it's hardly "quick glance" technology. But am I bovvered? Nope.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:39 pm
Definitely a valid point that, its something that I have had to get used to with my C7 Chrono