Disappointed with Christopher Ward

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Disappointed with Christopher Ward

Post by Caller »

KevinB wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:15 pmI'm just baffled by this initial post. Going over 3 months before giving it a spin is just crazy.
But he hasn't said that. He's never said how long it was after he received the watch, that he first wore it. In a subsequent post he said the corres with CW has been going on for weeks. If it was more than 60 days after he received it in the Christmas sale then he couldn't claim anyway.
'Tis me
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Caller wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:52 pm Interesting that in his reply, he talks about removing the good bits from a returned watch to be recycled into a new watch, so, albeit a pedants view, it means that when you buy your new watch, it ain't necessarily so!

Call for a lawyer! :D
A CW watch can be shipped around the world a few times, worn on a different strap (really easy with quick-release) on a sweaty wrist for a month and still be sold as "new" or "unworn", as long as it is in mint condition. If the new owner doesn't know, that's still deceiving. Recycling watch parts into other watches and sell them as new is quite a bit more disturbing though... :shock:
hsukirk
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by hsukirk »

4 hours out and about for evening dinner would certainly come back not unworn imo.

60/60 is a great marketing term and I am sure most people will open the box to try on the watch as soon as its arrival. A few hours trying on at home & a couple more weeks to decide if it fits for purpose is already top notch for most companies.

Losing time on this instance will require it for service or repair from what I understand.
Bounce
Guru
Guru

Post by Bounce »

Thermexman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:36 am
Bounce wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:23 pm

I agree if you have wilfully damaged it, but a scratch would not really make it lose 5 mins so in that case it is not fit for purpose.
We need a fully qualified solicitor to clarify this one. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :problem:

Obviously! A scratch won’t make it lose 5mins and the time loss does render it unfit for purpose. However, I’d say that, as it’s being returned in “sullied” condition, the rights to a full refund are now downgraded to a repair!

Seems totally reasonable to me and anyone who says different, is being unreasonable.
So bite me! Whatever that actually means? :silent:
I stick by my original statement that the 5 mins loss renders it unfit for purpose, whether worn or not within the 30 days.
If it was not for the losing time CW are quite right in what they are saying.
If you bought a £75,000 car & drove it 10 miles, but put a tiny nick in the alloy & then engine blew up, you wouldn't say can you please repair it, you would demand a new car or a refund surely?
I certainly would, but then I am old & grumpy :lol:
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

Caller wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:27 pm
KevinB wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:15 pmI'm just baffled by this initial post. Going over 3 months before giving it a spin is just crazy.
But he hasn't said that. He's never said how long it was after he received the watch, that he first wore it. In a subsequent post he said the corres with CW has been going on for weeks. If it was more than 60 days after he received it in the Christmas sale then he couldn't claim anyway.
That's a good point. I was hasty as I read this on my coffee break. You're right that I was reading into it.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

mvlow wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:23 am
mvlow wrote: I asked that question of Mike France last year and he told me that most 60/60 returns go back into regular stock after inspection as they have be in mint condition to be accepted. Here is his email regarding 60/60 returns.
So they refund partially, recover lost profit on the next guy, and upset and lose a customer in the process.

Very disappointing.

@robotazky
Actually CW will lose money because if it is returned in the unworn condition it is supposed to be under 60/60 they refund 100% of the price and refund return shipping, in my case from the USA, then resell it having lost shipping costs both ways. In the OP's case they could not sell it as new because it was scratched, so again they would not make up the profit from the next guy as it would be sold at a discount under nearly new. Try doing that with other online watch companies. As an example if I buy a Sinn watch from Watchbuys, I have just a few days to return it, I can't wear it at all, and I have to pay return shipping if I want a refund. CW has the best return policy in the watch industry but people still have reason to complain about it.
I’m not talking about returned unworn if you read the thread and my comment.

I’m saying you return the watch, they shaft you and only refund 70%, then sell it for 30% off as nearly new. Great business model for selling Chinese junk, but awful for Swiss watches that resemble anything of class.

@robotazky
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Bounce wrote:
Thermexman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:36 am
Bounce wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:23 pm

I agree if you have wilfully damaged it, but a scratch would not really make it lose 5 mins so in that case it is not fit for purpose.
We need a fully qualified solicitor to clarify this one. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :problem:

Obviously! A scratch won’t make it lose 5mins and the time loss does render it unfit for purpose. However, I’d say that, as it’s being returned in “sullied” condition, the rights to a full refund are now downgraded to a repair!

Seems totally reasonable to me and anyone who says different, is being unreasonable.
So bite me! Whatever that actually means? :silent:
I stick by my original statement that the 5 mins loss renders it unfit for purpose, whether worn or not within the 30 days.
If it was not for the losing time CW are quite right in what they are saying.
If you bought a £75,000 car & drove it 10 miles, but put a tiny nick in the alloy & then engine blew up, you wouldn't say can you please repair it, you would demand a new car or a refund surely?
I certainly would, but then I am old & grumpy :lol:
I agree 100% and believe anyone pushing a warranty like CW is should agree.

@robotazky
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Sorry to hear your bad news.
And it suprises me. I actively purchased CW watches in Oct - Dec last year. 3 out of 6 CW watches purchased, I returned for full refunds having worn everyday for 3 weeks the longest. And the returning process was so smooth, just follow the procedures, the return form and packed in its original box with papers. Then I emailed either Scott or Katie to inform them the returning with tracking code. So I believe CW 60/60 is great, so long we adhere to their t&c. The watch (the watch head, specifically) must be in mint condition, no scratches. I did return C60 Trident Ombre the next day after worn, but I wrapped the watch head with its original wrapper to protect it from patination and sent them back for a full refund. Even some of them were returned with some signs of wear on the straps and still, I got full refunds.
Philtastic

Post by Philtastic »

Hello

I am currently having big problems getting a return initiated to CW from Germany. I am following their return process but did not hear anything back for one week. Now called them twice and send multiple emails asking for the return process to be initiated. Always got the response that I will receive the instructions via email. And then again no feedback.

Anybody ever had a similar issue that CW is unable to provide and start the return process? Anybody having a direct contact into this company so that I can get this sorted as the customer care department seems unable to?

Thanks for any help!
Philipp
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Philtastic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:02 pm Hello

I am currently having big problems getting a return initiated to CW from Germany. I am following their return process but did not hear anything back for one week. Now called them twice and send multiple emails asking for the return process to be initiated. Always got the response that I will receive the instructions via email. And then again no feedback.

Anybody ever had a similar issue that CW is unable to provide and start the return process? Anybody having a direct contact into this company so that I can get this sorted as the customer care department seems unable to?

Thanks for any help!
Philipp
Hi Philipp,

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I appreciate that you have "sent emails to CW" but have you completed the Service & Repairs request on their website?

Completing this starts their Returns procedure, giving an Order / Repair number etc.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Philtastic

Post by Philtastic »

Hi

I don't want to repair I want to return my order. I followed their process documented on their website and filled out the international return form: https://www.christopherward.eu/international-returns

No reply since 1 week and multiple calls to customer service team just promises to send me the return label and instructions but no details received yet.

Frustrating...

Any ideas?

BR Philipp
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Just order the free returns pack and it's processed like any other order. Then return using the prepaid packaging you receive.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Philtastic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:55 pm Hi

I don't want to repair I want to return my order. I followed their process documented on their website and filled out the international return form: https://www.christopherward.eu/international-returns

No reply since 1 week and multiple calls to customer service team just promises to send me the return label and instructions but no details received yet.

Frustrating...

Any ideas?

BR Philipp
That international return form and possibility for home collection is new. Frustrating indeed if you don't get any response from CW at all. :?
nauf
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by nauf »

Philtastic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:02 pm Hello

Thanks for any help!
Philipp
Have you got the return form? A return pack is only applicable in UK, if I am not mistaken. For international return, you need to to complete a return form, attach with all the papers including the invoice note into the original box packaging and send it back to CW through your country post service with tracking code. Once you have sent it back to CW, email CW customer service saying that you are returning the watch, include the tracking code. You can also attach the shipping cost receipt in your email to them. So normally it will take 3 weeks to arrive to CW. Then CW CS will update you on the refund. Hope this helps.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Croman86

Post by Croman86 »

Gove them time. They will respond