Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: NEW - Trust Pilot review

Post by Thegreyman »

You have to wonder about some of the reviews though, example I found:

"Awful service

Awful customer service. Awful service in general. I bought a watch for my husbands 50th using
my life’s savings and was messed about from start to finish.

I would not recommend using this company in any shape or form

APPALLING"

Can the review be any more vague...just awful.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

The sort of thing posted as a review when angry; no details matter, they just want to vent their frustration
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Actually reading the responses to the complaints is interesting. As they seem to be using such complaints as a fault finding exercise, resolving and offering solutions where they can. As most of what I read was to do with poor communication, delays, errors and a general lack of common courtesy when dealing with complainants, perhaps the person spending all the time after the event, could be more gainfully employed ensuring such problems didn't occur in the first place?
'Tis me
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Just checked back with the latest on Trustpilot - I fear the recent new member posts on this forum are wholly representative of the experience of buying from CW these days.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

I looked at trust pilot, lots of good reviews as well and they outnumber the bad. I can only think CW must be selling an awful lot of watches for some areas of customer service to fall short of "realistic" expectations. Sure I have an issue now, possibly down to an assembly problem, but one I doubt would or could have been picked up by the UK quality control team in the UK.

Certainly with the SH21 I think the Swiss assembly team need to have a long hard look at what they are doing..as they are not doing the UK guys any favours.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

DavecUK wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am I looked at trust pilot, lots of good reviews as well and they outnumber the bad.
Now, before I say anything, I’m not writing this as an apologist, but as a person who is fairly sceptical about online reviewing generally.

I haven’t used trust pilot myself, but I would imagine that with a watch, if it looks in perfect condition, works as it should and arrives when it should, you’re probably not going to beef on the review site. If those things don’t happen, then I’ll agree that something needs to be done.

A slightly grey area is the holiday review sites. I regularly use a singles company which asks us to review on Feefo. My reviews there are brief but I post longer ones of hotels and restaurants on TripAdvisor. The company also runs a little forum where people can ask and answer questions about the holidays.

Someone recently came on the forum saying that they had been interested in booking a trip to what is one of my favourite hotels used by the company, but had been put off from doing so by seeing a lot of bad reviews on TripAdvisor. I had reviewed this hotel as excellent overall, but had highlighted a couple of minor things that they could have improved on.

I went onto TripAdvisor and looked at the tiny number of bad reviews given for this hotel. Strangely enough, things that I had pointed out as very slight or minor issues were the very things that completely ruined someone else’s holiday, apparently.

I do sometimes read these reviews and wonder if we actually went to the same hotel! Rooms are filthy – they’re not! Food is diabolical – it’s actually rather good! Staff are rude – actually they are delightful if you treat them like human beings! Outdoor pool is cold - hello, welcome to the Canaries in March! And so on.

As I said, with something like watches it would appear to be rather more black and white, but as far as things like TripAdvisor are concerned, there is such a wide range of apparent expectation and tolerance.

Which is why I’m sceptical about a lot of online reviews. Mine are 100% reliable, but I can’t rely on other people. :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sproughton »

I'm generally of the view of AVO, but the issues highlighted around customer service are very specific and so consistent that I'd take them at face value compared to my usual, cynical outlook.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

As is the nature of reviews, people are more likely to leave feedback if they are unhappy than if they are pleased. Whilst some reviews may over exaggerate a negative situation, many will be valid and reflect the experience of others recently and so shouldn't be discounted.

The surprise is that some are extremely negative whilst others are extremely positive. To me, that would indicate that people are not reflecting upon a standard product which would be fairly consistent but are reacting to an experience. So to slightly disagree with the hotel analogy earlier, watches may be black and white but the supporting experience such as delivery, communication, responses to product issues and so on are not and will vary wildly depending upon the individual transaction.

It is pleasing that the review stars after going down to 4 is back up to 4.5 so the sheer number of positive experiences is pulling the average back up which is probably the most important thing to CW. However the most important thing for me as a customer would be how many negative one stars they are willing to accept under normal circumstances even if they are hitting their desired average.

Fair play to them for putting the Trust pilot on their front page so that customers can take an albeit subjective informed view before purchasing.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I'm buying a new CW soon - The negative reviews can't scare me! ........Right? 8-[
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm I'm buying a new CW soon - The negative reviews can't scare me! ........Right? 8-[
Well when you consider that most folk don't reviews post when everything goes well and how many watches they sell per year....on balance you will probably be fine.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Ranger wrote:
what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:25 pm A quick glance suggests they are either excellent or awful
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... ward.co.uk
90% of verified customers have given them Excellent or Great.

6% have given the Poor or Bad.
Extrapolating that to the 20k sales (I am fully aware of the risks and pitfalls associated with this) would mean that there are potentially up to 1200 "issues" per annum.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Good post and very true AVO. Other recent example is of a large booking site which recently posted negative reviews about a pub which had been shut for years. Something not quite right there!
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Having seen some of the petty personal vendettas some people have against a brand (and sometimes turn up on this forum), I sometimes wonder whether online reviews can be, or are, skewed by a minor subset of people who, feeling some personal real or imaginary grievance, set out on a mission to discredit a brand.

It's also probably true that more honest appraisals lean towards the negative than positive- after all, if all goes well, you have very little grounds to engage with the company other than having conducted a satisfactory purchase. Balanced against that is the concept of 'fake' reviews to lift a brand image which has been seen on some platforms.

I think it would be dangerous to infer the proportion of issues seen in reality based on the variance of survey and review statistics.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

It's almost a year since the last comment on this thread - looking at recent Trustpilot reviews, it appears mistakes, and QC are still below par.

Ranked 63/81 for 'Watch Shops' - in CW's defence they do have lots of reviews and overall a 4.6 excellent rating, but in my opinion from what I can see they still have plenty to do.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ch ... ward.co.uk
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

I was highly unimpressed with the language used in a reply to an email I sent to CW last week. The response was aggressive and almost threatening!
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.