No Day-Date?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Re: No Day-Date?

Post by SlowLoris »

Anyone who doesn't know what day of the week it is, doesn't er....know what day of the week it is.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I have long been an admirer of the C9BDD. Long slender hands, gold on white always works. Some times the smallest details are what really makes a watch face all come together. The choice of font on the date wheels in this instance, puts this one over the top. Great job CW, and great addition to the collection. :clap: :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

SlowLoris wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:28 am Anyone who doesn't know what day of the week it is, doesn't er....know what day of the week it is.
In older life any reminders are helpful :lol:
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

ninjagin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 am
That's lovely. I shall keep my eyes open, certainly ... or at least until I get my Lido back. -=wink=-
== R
One on the forum if so disposed:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=48647
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
ninjagin
CW-watches: 0

Post by ninjagin »

Chris375 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 am ... Did you see the Patek Philippe Calatrava Weekly Calendar 5212A watch unveiled at Baselworld recently? Obviously it will be quite expensive (as per most PP's) but would like something similar with all the complications,though for me you could get rid of the weekly complication.
A lot of people might not like it as it has a very 'busy' face but then again so do a number of GMT watches out there can look busy and cluttered in my opinion.
Cheers,
Chris
I like that very much. I've seen other calendars similarly executed and the key is legibility. I don't much need the month, but if I was going to wear a Patek Phillippe I'd probably find a way to suffer through it. I like the design, and while it is busy it's also readable. It goes to show that these kinds of calendar complications can be rendered in a variety of different ways, doesn't it?

Thanks for the thoughtful reply and getting me to even -=look=- at a PP when I should know better.
== R
Sinn 356 & 656, 3 Fortis' in Lemania, Valjoux & ETA, O&W in AS, ETA & UNITAS, 2 Tutimas in Lemania 5100, ... and my CWs.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Screenshot_20190321-111411_Chrome.jpg
Always nice to see something new, and I've not seen a calendar done like this before. Just when you think PP will never climb out of the "been there done that" rut. A little busy, but that hand written script makes it all worth while. :thumbup: As for the price... :silent:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight