Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Phone/watch

Post by ddav »

Behold the Best Worst iPhone in the World

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/03/behold ... modo+UK%29

Sent via @updayUK

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Phone/watch

Post by nbg »

A bargain compared with the ones that Vertu used to make. :shock:

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be a discussion of sometimes finding it easier or safer to look at your phone for the time, rather than the watch on your wrist. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

The author of the article sounds quite impressed with it though, judging by his description:

"With the predictably **** name of the Grand Complications Skeleton Tourbillon, it's a limited-edition iPhone XS or XS Max with an entire skeletonised mechanical watch on the back, plus a tourbillon -- which, to save you Googling it, comes from the French for 'whirlwind' and is a constantly-moving device that used to help keep the watch accurate but now just looks fancy.

There are only 99 of this ridiculous device available, possibly because the audience for something like this is severely limited to people with too much money and absolutely no taste."
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Oops, a word was automatically edited by the forum software....in case you are wondering, it sounds similar to "wonky" but uses a different vowel :silent:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ddav »

^^ I'm sure it won't take long for them to sell out then.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm Oops, a word was automatically edited by the forum software....in case you are wondering, it sounds similar to "wonky" but uses a different vowel :silent:
I think the software needs updating to something humorous. There is a rugby league forum that I read (I'm not a supporter of the club, so I rarely post there) that replaces swear words with the names of chocolate bars - it makes for quite a funny read. Maybe we should try it. It puts up phrases like 'That galaxying idiot, Absolute dog Spangles' etc.. Well, i find it funny anyway :lol:
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Just hideous. The case design is so overwrought that the clock itself looks fake. The whole thing looks like one incredibly bad graphic, with the clock completely lost within the overall design.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.