C65 Trident GMT - Pepsi

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: C65 Trident GMT - Pepsi

Post by mvlow »

When I heard they were coming out with a Pepsi version of the C65 GMT I was excited to see it. When I saw pictures of it for the first time yesterday I wasn't blown away by the color scheme. The more pictures I see of it today, I'm starting to like it. I think my hormones must be screwed up at the moment :wink:
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

Does to be fair look a lot nicer on the bracelet, really don't like it with that camel colour strap.
Johnny
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Being an owner of the current C65 GMT, I'm a fan of the model anyway. But I must say, I really do like the look of the Pepsi.
And I'm also quite drawn to the Blue - something I'm not overly fussed with the other C65's.
I actually really like the Pepsi on the camel (& the bracelet).
I do think the original black GMT is the most versatile though for strap choices.
Overall, I would be happy with any one of the three. Shame my finances won't stretch to having all of them!
Neil
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

AdDaMan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:00 am Also...This photo is the one.
54419114_10157446733450798_3083637126680543232_n.jpg
Agreed about the pic, as it shows how the quality and detail of the cases has improved over the past couple of years.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

stefs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm
Jcalder68 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm
stefs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:19 am I think it's really nice as is the explorer ii steel bezel version. Personally I think the case design wipes the floor with the standard trident and the reduced WR matters not a jot. I could honestly see me owning one of these.
Explorer II Steel Bezel? Who makes this model please, sounds interesting?

C
I was referring to the classic Rolex Steve McQueen
Need a few quid for one nowdays!
BADAAD46-0297-4D0A-A504-0A1AC88E37E5.png

Yep, just a few quid. I’ll go and rattle the piggy bank...

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

It's a perfectly decent looking watch, even with the logo, although I find the bezel too thin as well. But it's just one of a plethora of similarly designed watches, at all price points, with a nod to you know what.

Originality please, Mr. Ward.
'Tis me
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’ve just spent a bit more time viewing and pausing the video and examining the gallery images in CW site.
I’m getting more and more attracted to the blue dial version. I love the pop of orange on the GMT hand against the blue dial, getting more used to the black date background as it did not sit right with me to begin with.
I think I would go for this version over the Pepsi bezel, the steel bezel on any model really calls to me. I will have to see one in the flesh though

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Jcalder68 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:17 pm I’ve just spent a bit more time viewing and pausing the video and examining the gallery images in CW site.
I’m getting more and more attracted to the blue dial version. I love the pop of orange on the GMT hand against the blue dial, getting more used to the black date background as it did not sit right with me to begin with.
I think I would go for this version over the Pepsi bezel, the steel bezel on any model really calls to me. I will have to see one in the flesh though

C
If you are really considering the blue it's best that you do see it in the flesh. As I wrote earlier ...... "in real life it's hard to see the numbers on the steel bezel at various angles and lighting". Whether you would consider that a problem only you can know.
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Jcalder68 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:17 pm I’ve just spent a bit more time viewing and pausing the video and examining the gallery images in CW site.

C
Go for it. It will definitely compliment your C65 Diver Auto black dial. As for me, I already have the first C65 GMT version and the C65 Diver Auto, and so will wait for the C60 MKIII before making any decisions.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
nauf
Senior
Senior

Post by nauf »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 pm

C
If you are really considering the blue it's best that you do see it in the flesh. As I wrote earlier ...... "in real life it's hard to see the numbers on the steel bezel at various angles and lighting". Whether you would consider that a problem only you can know.
So far, I don’t find it hard to see numbers on my C65 GMT SS bezel. They are coloured in black lacquer, so contrasting to the SS.
My small CW collection:
|C20 Lido|C65 GMT|C7 Auto|C60 MKII Bronze|C65 Auto|C60 MKIII GMT|C65 SH21 LE|C65 AM GT LE
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

Thanks, @Mikkei4 and @nauf

I can see yet another visit to CW Towers needing to be booked... What a hardship!
I will have to bring the rest of my CW hoard down with me (black C65 Diver auto, original C65 GMT, C60 Pro Vintage) and see if I can justify another addition without too much overlap. Decisions, decisions!

C
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

Any of these been sent out yet?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well, it's mid-March and normally this is the time of year when I start to capitulate and renege on my no-watch resolution. Soul searching has been done.

I do like both the Pepsi and the blue dial GMT. However, were I to go for either as my do-it-all travel watch it would necessitate moving on the C60 GMT and the blue C65 manual.

I have decided to stick.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Gafer
Junior
Junior

Post by Gafer »

Just ordered mine on Saturday. They don't ship until the end of March but I have no doubt it'll be worth the wait as was my Trident Pro I purchased several years ago. I had been looking HARD at the Tudor Black Bay GMT but at $3,900 USD I just couldn't make the jump. Then I see this new GMT on Christopher Ward's Instagram at 1/4 the price of the Tudor and after a little research I was sold. Yes, there are some differences between the watches (Tudor has a screw-down crown and thus a higher dive rating. It also has a bi-directional bezel, 70 hours power reserve and is COSC). However, where the CW is the obvious winner is the price. Did I mention the Tudor is 4 times as much? The CW is also thinner (12mm vs 14.6mm) to say nothing of the micro-adjust bracelet not found on the Tudor. I was also never really a fan of the "snowflake" hands. So yes, I bought the CW and couldn't be more excited. If it's not the watch for you I get it but for someone that has wanted a GMT watch for quite some years it's a steal.
KevinB
Senior
Senior

Post by KevinB »

Caller wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm It's a perfectly decent looking watch, even with the logo, although I find the bezel too thin as well. But it's just one of a plethora of similarly designed watches, at all price points, with a nod to you know what.

Originality please, Mr. Ward.
I think that is where I can't quite fall in love. The thin bezel just seems unbalanced. I really was excited about this one and the early pics left me really excited, but I just am uncertain that I'd love it enough to take the gamble. So I guess my C60 GMT will remain as my go to travel watch.