Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: What Car do you drive??

Post by Thunder1 »

^^So does Walter & Winston...

Currently driving a 2012 gray Infiniti G37 convertible as my daily...I'm seldom driving my 2006 Porsche Cayman S anymore...

Trust me, the paint doesn't look any where near that nice at this point(harsh Texas summers largely to blame)…since my son has taken over my 2006 Honda Pilot, I'm thinking of selling the Porsche and replacing it w/ one of the following 2..

https://automobiles.honda.com/passport

https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v

The CR-V gets good gas mileage on it's available turbo and good enough handling & acceleration, but the Passport has more room, better response from it's V6...it is about $8,000 more per comparable trim, though..I think Walter & Winston w/b happy w/ either..something of a dilemma..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:That's one of the reasons I've stuck with my Yeti. Any other similar car/SUV has got bigger and taller with the load lip being higher, which isn't suitable.
Air suspension works well for that Guy. My Macan has a button in the rear which drops the suspension a few inches for easier loading. The air suspension is quite a bit lower than the steel in any case, making the load drop significant compared to the steel suspended version, meaning I’ve never actually used the low load setting in any case... Image
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

My PCH deal is up on my Tucson in May and I'm on the lookout for another SUV or estate. Haven't set my heart on anything specific, although I do quite like the Seat Ateca and VW Tiguan.

I've been looking at Select Car Leasing and Nationwide Vehicle Contracts who have some interesting deals, but if anyone knows of any other companies offering decent deals, I'd much appreciate a heads up :thumbup:
Ryan
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

We used Jet Vehicle Finance for our Astra in November and would recommend them.
https://www.jetvehiclefinance.co.uk/offers

At the time we almost went for a Mini with Central Vehicle Leasing, didn't use them in the end as the Astra was a stronger deal.
https://centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/special-offers/

Agree to keep a look on https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/special-offers.html
and also https://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co ... al-offers/

We have no brand loyalty when it comes to cars and we wait for a deal to present itself - always worth keeping an eye on the offers pages but act quickly when you see the right deal.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
BobMunro
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by BobMunro »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:54 am My PCH deal is up on my Tucson in May and I'm on the lookout for another SUV or estate. Haven't set my heart on anything specific, although I do quite like the Seat Ateca and VW Tiguan.

I've been looking at Select Car Leasing and Nationwide Vehicle Contracts who have some interesting deals, but if anyone knows of any other companies offering decent deals, I'd much appreciate a heads up :thumbup:
The Peugeot 3008 sits in the company of the Ateca/Tiguan and gets very good reviews. Might be worth a look.
Time flies whether you're having fun or not. The choice is yours.
harrymack

Post by harrymack »

my Present car is a Honda CR-V ,1.6 diesel S Plus, 68 plate and has everyting I wanted i know they dont make diesel any more but i have no intention of changing anytime soon,
Attachments
CV2.jpg
CV 3.jpg
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Chris - Cheers for the links, will keep my eyes peeled over the coming weeks :thumbup:

Bob - Not meaning to insult anyone, but terrible past experience with a Megane has been enough to put me off French cars for life!
I will admit that they produce some decent looking models nowadays.
Ryan
BobMunro
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by BobMunro »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 pm Chris - Cheers for the links, will keep my eyes peeled over the coming weeks :thumbup:

Bob - Not meaning to insult anyone, but terrible past experience with a Megane has been enough to put me off French cars for life!
Ryan, I've had similarly bad experiences (with Peugeots), my wife has had a couple over the years - but I convinced her a few years back to stick to German engineering!

I don't believe though that they are all still Friday afternoon cars.
Time flies whether you're having fun or not. The choice is yours.
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

BobMunro wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:36 pm
StrappedUp wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 pm Chris - Cheers for the links, will keep my eyes peeled over the coming weeks :thumbup:

Ryan, I've had similarly bad experiences (with Peugeots), my wife has had a couple over the years - but I convinced her a few years back to stick to German engineering!

I don't believe though that they are all still Friday afternoon cars.
Once I bought a Peugeot 306 on a dark, rainy evening. Looked fine to me. The following day, with the sun in the sky, I noticed the huge damage and rust all the way down one side of the car. :thumbup:
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Picking this Cooper up as a new mid life crisis toy for Lisa in the morning
(Reckon I'll do a few miles in it as well😉)
61E2B041-5DC1-494A-BF6C-E27EBEA24E6B.png
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

stefs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm Picking this Cooper up as a new mid life crisis toy for Lisa in the morning
Why was I not consulted ????!!! :lol:

Congratulations to Lisa & yourself Paul 8) 8) 8)
Looks a very nicely specced one too, Chilli Pack i'd say, Melting Silver etc :thumbup:

Two things to note :

Make sure you get the Wind Deflector with the deal as they are very expensive to buy afterwards and are ESSENTIAL for open top driving.

Also there was a recall on the roof, make sure this was done and if not book it in straight away for it to be done as it will cause a hole in the roof fabric !!

Enjoy it and any questions just ask ;)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:16 am
stefs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 pm Picking this Cooper up as a new mid life crisis toy for Lisa in the morning
Why was I not consulted ????!!! :lol:

Congratulations to Lisa & yourself Paul 8) 8) 8)
Looks a very nicely specced one too, Chilli Pack i'd say, Melting Silver etc :thumbup:

Two things to note :

Make sure you get the Wind Deflector with the deal as they are very expensive to buy afterwards and are ESSENTIAL for open top driving.

Also there was a recall on the roof, make sure this was done and if not book it in straight away for it to be done as it will cause a hole in the roof fabric !!

Enjoy it and any questions just ask ;)
Thanks mate. Yep loads of spec. When was the roof recall? This one is August 17
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

stefs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am Thanks mate. Yep loads of spec. When was the roof recall? This one is August 17
All F57's so from January 2016 builds onwards up to about late 2018 Paul.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:14 am
stefs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am Thanks mate. Yep loads of spec. When was the roof recall? This one is August 17
All F57's so from January 2016 builds onwards up to about late 2018 Paul.
That's great thanks. With the dealer now
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

If this thread was what cars have you had id be happier.. all the fun stuff has gone and its now a Superb estate L&K (family wagon) and my fun(ish) runaround a Mk5 GTI..
If it was cars had then its longer than my list of watches and maybe topped by this:
cQ7FqUYb.jpg
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands