The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: South Wales

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by StrappedUp » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 pm

One of these 2 ...

Image

Image
Ryan

r1hjk
Junior
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:05 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by r1hjk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:51 pm

Big fan of the Aquis, great watch

User avatar
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am
CW-watches: 23
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia (ɐᴉɭɐɹʇsnɐ)

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by gaf1958 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 am

atnits wrote:Even though I'm skint, I'm still dreaming about other watches. Today (and I think for the first time ever) I'm dreaming of owning a 36mm Aqua Terra:

Image
My wife has one; great watches...
CWL C1+2xC3+4xC6+3xC7+C11+2xC60K+3xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 3xSpeedy+5xSeamaster+DeVille+AT+Dynamic
Zenith+Tudor+2xOris65+4xMagrette+18xSeiko+6xVintage
B&R+Farer+Gavox+Hamilton+LumTec+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+2xVisitor+more
Family 11xCW+2xΩ

User avatar
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Not dreaming of these, but had a quick look at the Trafford Centre on Friday.
According to the chap in the shop, you get 2 free services if you buy from an official UK Breitling retailer - but they don't tend to mention it. :shock:

Wasn't looking to buy, especially as they don't do any discount to protect the brand name. :lol:

Interesting case made with Breightlight, almost a marble type effect to the case and funnily enough surprisingly light...

Image

Also hade a look at the Super Ocean Heritage II, which is very nice too.

Image
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Not dreaming of these, but had a quick look at the Trafford Centre on Friday.
According to the chap in the shop, you get 2 free services if you buy from an official UK Breitling retailer - but they don't tend to mention it. :shock:

Wasn't looking to buy, especially as they don't do any discount to protect the brand name. :lol:

Interesting case made with Breightlight, almost a marble type effect to the case and funnily enough surprisingly light...

Image
It looks like it means business. I presume this one has the in-house movement.

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3060
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm

StrappedUp wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 pm
One of these 2 ...

Image

Image
Has to be the green

r1hjk
Junior
Junior
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:05 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by r1hjk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 pm

I definitely want to add a GMT Master 2 to my collection. Never been a fan of two tone Rolex’s but this is 100% pulling at the heart strings!

Image

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7542
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by nbg » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:09 pm

^^^^ I reckon that is the best looking TT watch that Rolex produce. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1945
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Berks

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Mikkei4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:32 pm

atnits wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm
StrappedUp wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 pm
One of these 2 ...

Has to be the green
But I would have said "Has to be the Blue"

User avatar
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:39 pm

atnits wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm
what-time-is-it wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Not dreaming of these, but had a quick look at the Trafford Centre on Friday.
According to the chap in the shop, you get 2 free services if you buy from an official UK Breitling retailer - but they don't tend to mention it. :shock:

Wasn't looking to buy, especially as they don't do any discount to protect the brand name. :lol:

Interesting case made with Breightlight, almost a marble type effect to the case and funnily enough surprisingly light...

Image
It looks like it means business. I presume this one has the in-house movement.
Yes - in-house chronograph, the sales guy also appeared with a display case with showing all the individual movement components which was a nice touch.
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

User avatar
StrappedUp
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: South Wales

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by StrappedUp » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:25 pm

atnits wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm
StrappedUp wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 pm
One of these 2 ...

Image

Image
Has to be the green
Definitely leaning that way atm. I'll be wanting to see them both in person before making a decision, preferably side-by-side.
Ryan

User avatar
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Was in the Trafford Centre on Friday and my other half said to me whilst we were looking at one of the many AD's window displays 'Is that the Oris version of the Hulk'. I almost collapsed.
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

User avatar
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am
CW-watches: 23
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia (ɐᴉɭɐɹʇsnɐ)

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by gaf1958 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:15 am

what-time-is-it wrote:Was in the Trafford Centre on Friday and my other half said to me whilst we were looking at one of the many AD's window displays 'Is that the Oris version of the Hulk'. I almost collapsed.
She’s a keeper! :)
CWL C1+2xC3+4xC6+3xC7+C11+2xC60K+3xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 3xSpeedy+5xSeamaster+DeVille+AT+Dynamic
Zenith+Tudor+2xOris65+4xMagrette+18xSeiko+6xVintage
B&R+Farer+Gavox+Hamilton+LumTec+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+2xVisitor+more
Family 11xCW+2xΩ

User avatar
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2572
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes Gary, she is, otherwise she would've been flipped. :lol:

She's surprisingly tolerant, doesn't mind what I buy, or how much it costs as long as we can pay the bills. I buy watches, she buys yarn for knitting. :thumbup:
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

User avatar
gaf1958
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am
CW-watches: 23
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia (ɐᴉɭɐɹʇsnɐ)

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by gaf1958 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:Yes Gary, she is, otherwise she would've been flipped. :lol:

She's surprisingly tolerant, doesn't mind what I buy, or how much it costs as long as we can pay the bills. I buy watches, she buys yarn for knitting. :thumbup:
Bloody hell, does my wife have a doppelgänger half way across the world married to you? :lol: My wife also buys yarn continuously, but for crocheting, yet walked into an AD with me yesterday to look at an Omega and her only question was do you think you’ll buy it? The answer was ... possibly, but not quite yet. She did say she preferred the blue dial to the black though...
CWL C1+2xC3+4xC6+3xC7+C11+2xC60K+3xC60T+5xC65+C70+C600
Omega Ω 3xSpeedy+5xSeamaster+DeVille+AT+Dynamic
Zenith+Tudor+2xOris65+4xMagrette+18xSeiko+6xVintage
B&R+Farer+Gavox+Hamilton+LumTec+Mido+MkII+2xSteinhart+2xVisitor+more
Family 11xCW+2xΩ

Post Reply