C60 Trident Pro 600 movement reliability

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
BLOKE65

C60 Trident Pro 600 movement reliability

Post by BLOKE65 »

Hello,
I am looking for feedback on how reliable the movement of my C60 Trident Pro 600 should actually be?
I purchased my watch new on Mar 1, 2018, it went back for repair beginning july 2018 as it had completely stopped running. Being out of the 60 replacement it was repaired.
Its now back at CW yet again for the exact same reason.
Is this normal?
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C60 Trident Pro 600 movement reliability

Post by Clach77 »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around after you get an answer.

In my experience I’d say no, it’s not normal. If it was normal, there would not be many CWL
watches outside of Maidenhead. :lol: Some watches do fail, but it is a fairly small percentage. Figures have been quoted on here and from memory it was something like 1%.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

My answer would be something along the lines of...

Do you think it's normal for a watch costing several hundred pounds, really?

You have a five year warranty, make use of it.

The watch has been repaired once, if you are happy to keep accepting repairs, that is fine, but you are entitled to a refund under the consumer rights act under the premise of the goods not being of sufficient quality.

This is assuming that the watch has not been mistreated.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I bought My Trident C60 600 in February 2015 and it's worked perfectly since then, it's not a daily wear but it's always started working with just the time/date reset and a mild jiggle to get it ticking over.

That may not be of any consolation to you having experienced 2 problems within a year but I hope CW sort it out for you once and for all whether it's fixed or replaced.

Also I hope we read further contributions from you in better circumstances.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

My C60 Trident Pro (Vintage) has performed perfectly since the day I bought it.
This particular one is not the first one I have owned and all previous models have also performed impeccably. If I recall, my first one had the ETA2824-2 movement - I bought it pre-owned and my local watch maker opened the back to grease the seals before completing a waterproofing test and confirmed the movement. My others have, I believe, been Sellita movements but still perform exceptionally well.
It’s a shame you seem to have had such bad luck with your one. I hope CW can resolve your problems one way or the other and hope you let us know of progress.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Welcome to the forum.
It is quite unusual for you to have had problems, I myself have just started to have a problem with my Trident Pro 600, but I am pretty sure it will be sorted out.

I have owned 6 CW watches & this is the first one I have had problems with.

The problem it has is exactly the same problem as my previously owned Oris watch that had to go back for repair, I believe they share the same movement.

I have also had to send an Omega back for repair in the past so trust me all Watch manufacturers have rogue movements.

Have faith & stick with it for what is a fantastic watch for the price.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

My Trident dates to 2015 and runs beautifully, variation of about -1s per day. What you are experiencing is very far from the norm as all replies confirm, ask for a replacement.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
ChrisMin

Post by ChrisMin »

My Trident is currently back with CW for repair after the auto-winding stopped working. I am hoping that this is the first and last time it has to go away, not least because of the 6 weeks time period for repair. I love my watch but I will be far less understanding of any further issues. I appreciate the watches are relatively good value but I still regard £925 as a large amount of money and feel I have every right to expect high relaibility.