Kickstarter: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

A place to discuss other watch-brands
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Kickstarter: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by TigerChris »

Am I right in thinking that Hamtun are an English company? Southampton from what I can see? If so, I’m gonna take up the early bird at £239 and stick £100 on for the Sellita movement.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 pm Am I right in thinking that Hamtun are an English company? Southampton from what I can see? If so, I’m gonna take up the early bird at £239 and stick £100 on for the Sellita movement.
Yes, an English company. Head office details:-

Hamtun Ltd
156 Ludlow Road
Southampton
SO19 2EN
United Kingdom

Check out Josh’s review, amazing spec for the money. Plus with the Launch being so successful, looks like some interesting stretch goals to look forward to :clap:

This is my 2nd foray into Kickstarter and very happy so far :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 pm
TigerChris wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 pm Am I right in thinking that Hamtun are an English company? Southampton from what I can see? If so, I’m gonna take up the early bird at £239 and stick £100 on for the Sellita movement.

Hamtun Ltd
156 Ludlow Road
Southampton
SO19 2EN
United Kingdom

Check out Josh’s review, amazing spec for the money. Plus with the Launch being so successful, looks like some interesting stretch goals to look forward to :clap:

Cheers :thumbup: It’ll be my first Kickstarter, I’ve just set an account up. Off I go to back it now.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Done :thumbup:
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Danbailey007 »

Hamtun Ltd
156 Ludlow Road
Southampton
SO19 2EN
United Kingdom

Based about 5 minutes from my house! Tempted to pop round :lol:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

stijn_méraud wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 pm Hi all,

I'm Stijn, the guy behind Méraud Watch Co. and I just joined this forum because I found a thread about my watches on here. I wanted to participate in the thread.
[………]
Anyway, my reply is becoming a novel. And this for a first post...
Welcome Stijn. That is quite a first post; very interesting. I enjoyed reading about your experiences of the KS process from the other side. Thank you for your openness. I see your campaign has ended, successfully I might add, and I wish you luck with the production and distribution.

To your product first. I like the classic look, the size and thickness are pitched perfectly for the average sized wearer (like me!). The sapphire bezels have an interesting appeal, though the vintage numerals (very Oris 65 Heritage, I really like them) at 15/30/45 are perhaps fewer than ideal for a diver. Overall a very nice looking offering, good choice of STP1-11 movement, and lovely sunburst dial on the Marine Blue. If the end-product lives up to the campaign, then well done sir.

My limited experience of KS has been a little disappointing, characterised by over-selling. I felt your post was honest (your campaign had already ended when you wrote it), but it’s difficult to separate the good guys from the bad ones; I imagine that’s as much a problem for the creators as it is for the backers. Too often the campaign is conducted with enthusiasm and encouraging updates, only to be followed by silence and production delays. The hype around Filippo Loreti watches, which don’t appeal to me one bit (and reading their campaign comments is scary), was borderline dishonest, and put me off KS somewhat. I’m being generous here.

So, I’ll be watching your campaign comments, and I hope my initial impression of you is correct. There are plenty of “Bads” and too many “Uglies”, and hopefully you are one of the “Goods”.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

The Hamtun looks very interesting.

So how does it work - you pledge now or take advantage of one of the rewards on offer, the money is taken in April, you choose your colour in due course, then get the watch in September - is that right?

Does anyone know the cost of international shipping?

Thanks
'Tis me
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

The owner of the brand posted here some months ago

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47713&hilit=Hamtun
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Caller wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 am The Hamtun looks very interesting.

So how does it work - you pledge now or take advantage of one of the rewards on offer, the money is taken in April, you choose your colour in due course, then get the watch in September - is that right?

Does anyone know the cost of international shipping?

Thanks
Yes, that’s right - looks like there will be more choice of colours as it has already exceeded its stretch targets.

It’s an extra £10 worldwide
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

Ttf23 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:25 am Yes, that’s right - looks like there will be more choice of colours as it has already exceeded its stretch targets.

It’s an extra £10 worldwide
Thanks very much. I'll make up my mind shortly.
'Tis me
alftor2

Post by alftor2 »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:13 pm Just managed to bag a Launch Day special for the Hamtun Kraken H2

Pledges currently going through the roof.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... escription

Josh reviewed it here:-

https://www.watchitallabout.com/hamtun- ... ch-review/

I love the idea of a scratch resistant titanium bracelet.
good job
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

Hamtun Ltd
156 Ludlow Road
Southampton
SO19 2EN
United Kingdom

Thanks for the heads up on this, I love a titanium watch, so I too have taken the plunge.

Whilst I really like the white, I’m gambling on the colour choices for reaching the stretch target including a vivid blue colour.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am
Thanks for the heads up on this, I love a titanium watch, so I too have taken the plunge.

Whilst I really like the white, I’m gambling on the colour choices for reaching the stretch target including a vivid blue colour.
I couldn’t decide on colour, so I went for the 3 watch option at £597. Plus I figured that the 1 and 2 watch options would go fast. And boy, was I right.

3 watches with class 5 hardened titanium case and bracelet, ceramic bezel, drilled lugs, sapphire crystal and frame and applied markers for less than £600. No brainer!!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

I couldn’t decide on colour, so I went for the 3 watch option at £597. Plus I figured that the 1 and 2 watch options would go fast. And boy, was I right.

3 watches with class 5 hardened titanium case and bracelet, ceramic bezel, drilled lugs, sapphire crystal and frame and applied markers for less than £600. No brainer!!
No doubt, once you've got the three and selected one to keep, you'll be able to sell the other two without making a loss.

Interesting tactics.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Sounds like you’ve done well there! Will be interesting to see the stretch options. Did you add the Sellita movement to any of them?