Trident C65 GMT broken

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
markcuk19

Trident C65 GMT broken

Post by markcuk19 »

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the returns package, my c65 gmt as stopped working already :-( only had it since December...

It started to stop when wearing it even after manual winding at weekend, It as now just died completely while I am work.

not happy its my first quite expensive watch and I hope the repair is done quickly, I filled in the form this morning.

Thanks

Mark
markcuk19

Re: Trident C65 GMT broken

Post by markcuk19 »

Called them today and was told i would get the return pack in 2 days and if broken it will be 5-6 weeks to repair, they didn't even offer any apologies on the phone. I think they need to get these return packs out same day.. shouldn't have to wait over 2 days for this.

Watch is completely dead even a manual wind doesn't get it going

I hope when i finally get it to them it goes smoothly

Mark
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

It sounds like you're in the UK and you have it pretty easy there with returns. Return shipping from overseas can easily take 1-2 weeks and no returns pack. Or can be stuck in customs for an additional 2 weeks. We have to send it by mail and hope it arrives ok.

I hope the return and repair will go smoothly for you but there have been some issues and delays lately as reported in the "customer Service" thread. Good luck!
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Echoing Nordwulf, I've had my return stuck in customs going on week 5 so in the time it takes yours to be repaired, mine still hasn't even arrived :lol:

Nevertheless that's an unfortunate thing to have happen on such a great watch.
markcuk19

Post by markcuk19 »

received the return pack on Friday posted back today. Be careful with the insurance on the prepaid return pack mine was only insured for £500 upgraded to £1000 for a £1.

Christopher ward, please update the return postage insurance

Thanks

Mark
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

That's the second C65 GMT purchased in December that's been reported as faulty on here (jawang35 being the other).

I know 2 out of how many CW have sold probably isn't a high percentage but it seems a bit unusual for CW watches. When they repair a faulty watch do they provide a write up of the failure reason? If so it'd be interesting to know if markcup19 and jawang35 GMTs had the same fault.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Mikkei4 wrote:That's the second C65 GMT purchased in December that's been reported as faulty on here (jawang35 being the other).

I know 2 out of how many CW have sold probably isn't a high percentage but it seems a bit unusual for CW watches. When they repair a faulty watch do they provide a write up of the failure reason? If so it'd be interesting to know if markcup19 and jawang35 GMTs had the same fault.
I assume that it is the same ETA as in their other GMT watches, so you would need to add those into the mix.

It is certainly unfortunate though for those affected.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’ve sent a couple of CW watches back for either a fix of a problem, or a general service, and both have been returned to me in perfect condition and always before the stated 4-5 week timescale. Whenever I have called to check on progress their representatives have been informative and exceptionally polite.

Contrast this to another watch in my collection from a different manufacturer that I had to send back to Germany for service - it was sent at the beginning of November and was only returned a week or so ago (12 weeks in total). In fact, not all of it was returned, I only got the watch head back. It’s box, warranty card, original box etc and even its strap that I packed it up in was “lost” according to the manufacturers. Email and phone conversations were very lacking in both information or apologies. Thankfully all extras were eventually returned, but still no word of apology.

I hope you get the same service from CW that I have had.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
markcuk19

Post by markcuk19 »

Watch arrived yesterday, didn't help that royal mail special delivery tracking didn't track anything once it left the post office and also arrived a day late.
Wlee

Post by Wlee »

Purchased a C65 GMT in Nov/18, watch was DOA and would not self wind. I posted a open letter to CW on this forum and now I cannot find it.....hmmmmm!

Returned the watch and got a full refund plus shipping cost. Judging from the breakdown complaints of the 65 GMT in this forum; I’m glad I returned watch.

If it doesn’t run, it’s just a $1k paper weight!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Wlee wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 am Purchased a C65 GMT in Nov/18, watch was DOA and would not self wind. I posted a open letter to CW on this forum and now I cannot find it.....hmmmmm!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50256&p=754879#p754879
Richard
markcuk19

Post by markcuk19 »

update, repair schedule 6 weeks
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

4-6 weeks is the standard return time that CW quote. At least, that is what they have also told me on the couple of times I have sent watches back to them for TLC. However, they have all been returned before that deadline, sometimes by a week or two. I have always been keept updated via both email and text.

Compare that to my Sinn 104 that was returned to Germany for a warranty repair - I was quoted 10week turnaround, it actually took longer. There were no updates and when it did eventually arrive they had “lost” the original packing, box and paperwork I sent; I only got the watch head back.

Hope your repair ends up better!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
jig18

Post by jig18 »

sometimes they're quicker than estimates. I've had good luck in the past.