New Members!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: New Members!!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

First post.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7523#p91703

Some of those people, though not all of course, are still saying hello in every Introduction thread. I’ve met quite a few of them. Eaten meals and drunk beer with them. They still talk to me.

Yes, it IS the best way to start out. JMHO, of course.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:06 am
Some of those people, though not all of course, are still saying hello in every Introduction thread.
Maybe there is something in that statement there that a lot of us could improve on. I'm guilty of not welcoming everyone when they put an introductory post. I shall make more of an effort in future to say hi on these posts. Also, as a note to the mods, there is a 'lets introduce ourselves' thread on there, that I believe Scooter started, that is a little out of date and still contains people who aren't here anymore (Reggie, Tyke etc..). Maybe that could be brought up to date for new members to see who everyone is? Only a thought.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Noted, Chris, and not a bad idea to update.

You are of course welcome to start a new updated thread. Doesn’t have to come from the AT. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
balmerian

Post by balmerian »

I think this is a fair point however they could be doing it to get their post count up to access other parts of the forum.
Rick86410

Post by Rick86410 »

Hi everyone. New to CW and have the bug pretty bad to get one of these watches. What is the best place to start

Sorry about the noob questions
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

Rick86410 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:56 pm Hi everyone. New to CW and have the bug pretty bad to get one of these watches. What is the best place to start

Sorry about the noob questions
Welcome to the forum. Start by telling us about your current collection, what you like and don’t like, and the CW watches you’ve taken a fancy to. C60 has for a long time been the signature item, but the C65 seems to be in the limelight right now. New C60 due soon so don’t rush in (though there is a discount voucher out there now 100SPRING19 if you’re in the UK).
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Welcome to the forum Rick. :thumbup:

A C65 is my next watch. Either the diver handwound or auto. Currently own a C1 GMPR with an impressive 5 day power reserve. Maybe take a look at that if you like dress watches?

As already asked what’s your likes and dislikes?
Also your budget?
It’s a friendly place with lots of knowledge and good advice available.
Enjoy.
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Rick86410

Post by Rick86410 »

Hi Essex Paul and 0uatiOW many thanks for the response. I currently have a Seiko Arcturus and a Hamilton Khaki first automatic and a wedding present. I do a lot of traveling in my job and the Seiko has an alarm face that can double as a second time zone. I am commercial selling Li-Ion batteries for satellites and other space equipment so I am quite keen on the moonwatch from omega but it is a lot of money to have on my wrist when visiting some « interesting »places. The C60 gmt is a big pull as it seems to be sturdy, good value if I can pick up second hand and darn fine looking watch. I know that a new one is coming out but that is in May with a possible further 6 months for the GMT version. The C65 is nice but is not a first diver watch for me. Maybe a second if I had already the C60.