C65 Trident automatic

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
DavidA

C65 Trident automatic

Post by DavidA »

Love the new dial colour of blue but a little hesitant on the date background colour of black. Anybody else think that white might have been better.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Re: C65 Trident automatic

Post by Lawrence »

Not a fan of white dials personally but there are lots of examples in the market place.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I read the OP's words to mean using white for the date wheel colour not the full dial colour (?)

To have a date wheel colour other than black would have caused additional production costs on what might be a lower selling secondary dial colour for the C65 Auto. The black date wheel isn't really that noticeable in the flesh TBH.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Although a blue date wheel would be ideal I agree with Mikkei.
Photos blow the details up and although having not yet seen it in the flesh I can imagine it’s not that noticeable. Certainly not a deal breaker.
I have a tough task deciding on either that or the hand wound version when I eventually get to CW towers.
I’d originally set on the original but now im 50/50.

I’ll be sitting on that couch opposite Declan with both watches in each hand uhmmming and ahrrrring. :lol:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Essex Paul wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:56 pm Although a blue date wheel would be ideal I agree with Mikkei.
Photos blow the details up and although having not yet seen it in the flesh I can imagine it’s not that noticeable. Certainly not a deal breaker.
I have a tough task deciding on either that or the hand wound version when I eventually get to CW towers.

I’ll be sitting on that couch opposite Declan with both watches in each hand uhmmming and ahrrrring. :lol:
And wait till he shows you the blue GMT and the Pepsi GMT !
Best of luck on your visit and I will be interested, along with others on here I'm sure, to read your opinions of the watches and to see if they match or are different to those I wrote after my visit on 12th.
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Essex Paul wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:56 pm Although a blue date wheel would be ideal I agree with Mikkei.

And wait till he shows you the blue GMT and the Pepsi GMT !
Best of luck on your visit and I will be interested, along with others on here I'm sure, to read your opinions of the watches and to see if they match or are different to those I wrote after my visit on 12th.

Will do Mikkei but awaiting firstly the results of my C1 GMPR repair.
Personally no interest in purchasing either the blue GMT or Pepsi GMT, but will offer my opinions for sure! :thumbup:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
DavidA

Post by DavidA »

Thanks guys having now seen some photos on here you are right its not a deal breaker, just deciding whether to push the button on one.