C60 Trident Mk3 - pictures..!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Re: C60 Trident Mk3

Post by Ttf23 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm
hughesyn wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:25 pm ^^^ They aren't releasing too much info yet (a) because it's not finalised and (b) because it could harm sales of the mk2
I seem to recall a C60 MK1 ‘fire sale’ before MK2 was released. Will be interesting to see if stock levels are such that it happens again
Indeed - I was surprised that there weren’t more tridents in the Jan sales, so maybe they’ve been planning for a while and stock levels are relatively modest.
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
r-macus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by r-macus »

Without wanting to start a new thread, although it may deserve one, this is a comment I witnessed online today.

' Rocking rolex 114200 with white explorer dial every day. Im looking for beater for the summer maybe skx013 or christopher ward c60 '

How do people view this brand?
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

r-macus wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:00 pm Without wanting to start a new thread, although it may deserve one, this is a comment I witnessed online today.

' Rocking rolex 114200 with white explorer dial every day. Im looking for beater for the summer maybe skx013 or christopher ward c60 '

How do people view this brand?
I view CW well above ‘beater’ status personally
r-macus
Senior
Senior

Post by r-macus »

likewise. I made a comment below it, stating that I own one and find their quality well above skx and into longines et al territory.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
manicm

Post by manicm »

Ttf23 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:44 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm
hughesyn wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:25 pm ^^^ They aren't releasing too much info yet (a) because it's not finalised and (b) because it could harm sales of the mk2
I seem to recall a C60 MK1 ‘fire sale’ before MK2 was released. Will be interesting to see if stock levels are such that it happens again
Indeed - I was surprised that there weren’t more tridents in the Jan sales, so maybe they’ve been planning for a while and stock levels are relatively modest.
The 38mm quartz 300 is off site, since I last checked, so that may be a clue.

42mm is fine for me, after being scared off the 43mm, so.looking forward to the new model.
Broadsands

Post by Broadsands »

That hour hand looks better than the existing one in some ways, but also that its trying to be a little too clever and hence over styled - completely unnecessary and something far more subtle would be more appropriate on what is generally, a classy divers watch.

I hope any date window matches the colour of the dial and its not black on blue etc. or lose the date altogether perhaps?

Bring back Trident Pro on the dial!

Yes I know, but I am going to say it anyway - why put Christopher Ward on the dial in that style (i.e. flush left) and at 9? Christopher is too long in comparison to Ward to sit well flushed left and whilst sales of their watches may be going well, think how many are lost by this crime against design, logo - just put Ward below the (excellent) twin flags - job done!
manicm

Post by manicm »

Broadsands wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 am That hour hand looks better than the existing one in some ways, but also that its trying to be a little too clever and hence over styled - completely unnecessary and something far more subtle would be more appropriate on what is generally, a classy divers watch.

I hope any date window matches the colour of the dial and its not black on blue etc. or lose the date altogether perhaps?

Yes I know, but I am going to say it anyway - why put Christopher Ward on the dial in that style (i.e. flush left) and at 9? Christopher is too long in comparison to Ward to sit well flushed left and whilst sales of their watches may be going well, think how many are lost by this crime against design, logo - just put Ward below the (excellent) twin flags - job done!
Just have CW on the dial, the logo on the crown, and Christopher Ward on the back.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

manicm wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm
Broadsands wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 am That hour hand looks better than the existing one in some ways, but also that its trying to be a little too clever and hence over styled - completely unnecessary and something far more subtle would be more appropriate on what is generally, a classy divers watch.

Just have CW on the dial, the logo on the crown, and Christopher Ward on the back.
Agreed, just having CW on the dial and Trident Pro would make it look so much better.
Rice and Gravy
Expert
Expert

Post by Rice and Gravy »

It seems the 9 o'clock name is here to stay, but if they add a painted or applied twin flag logo at 12 I think it will do a lot to make the face more balanced and appealing and would be a big hit. Can't wait until we start to see hints in the next few weeks and spy shots at the next GTG. I am hoping they offer a full range of colors in 40mm, and that sort of blue above specifically.
Omega SMP 2254.50
Omega Aqua Terra 8900 Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 White
Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
Casio G-Shock GWM5610-1
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

Twin flags are at 12 and the case is based on the c65 - I saw the prototype at the Edinburgh GTG in Jan

Post by popmag »

neilj568 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 pm Twin flags are at 12 and the case is based on the c65 - I saw the prototype at the Edinburgh GTG in Jan
Are the flags applied, painted or embossed?

And did you feel that the new case is noticeably slimmer?

Thanks!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

popmag wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:41 am
neilj568 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 pm Twin flags are at 12 and the case is based on the c65 - I saw the prototype at the Edinburgh GTG in Jan

Thanks!
On my visit to the showroom on 12th Feb I was told the final decision hadn't been made for applied, painted or embossed. I don't know if anything different had been stated at the GTG?
neilj568
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neilj568 »

popmag wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:41 am

Thanks!
I can't recall what the flags were but I did think the watch case gave the appearance of being smaller as the profile was different andI think it was a 42mm - it was a prototype that Mike France didn't let out of his sight lest someone got a photo...!!

Post by popmag »

Thank you for the replies. I have been thinking that what the C60 needed was something at the 12-oclock position and a slightly trimmer case, so I am really looking forward to seeing what the Mk3 looks like. I think it will be my next purchase. Now I want to see some pictures!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Worth a mention, and I have it on good authority from CW, that they have started their media outreach for Trident 3 and some journalists and influencers have started to receive samples of the C60 Trident MkIII (Gen 3) for review which, while under press embargo for the full reveal, they may choose to ‘tease’ about on their social media, groups and forums.

Keep your eyes peeled . . . . . :D

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England