C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition - Black

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nordwulf

C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition - Black

Post by nordwulf »

Description

In a series known for its use of bold colours, this new C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition mostly turns its back on that trend - and still emerges as the most striking addition to the 316L family yet.

A matte black dial serves as a sleek canvas upon which a mixture of colour and texture can be applied. The signature hour and minute hands synonymous with our Trident Collection, along with baton-shaped indexes, are all present; filled with green-emission SuperLumiNova SLN-T-C1, they'll provide excellent visibility in all lighting conditions.

Yet it's the addition of the colour yellow - found in detailing such as the 316L's printed markers and on its seconds hand and trident-shaped counterbalance - that provide this Trident its spark. Factor in the brilliant contrast between the black of its dial and the 316L steel alloy used in its unidirectional bezel and case, and it quickly becomes evident that this 316-piece limited edition is the dark horse of our dive collection.

Water-resistant to depths of 600m and powered by an ever-dependable Swiss-made automatic movement, the C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition's appearance is just as stunning as its performance in just about any environment you could expose it to.

https://www.christopherward.com/c60-tri ... n-yellow-5

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: C60 Trident 316L Limited Edition - Black

Post by what-time-is-it »

Is it the most striking? I've not seen one in the flesh but the previous yellow and orange versions aren't exactly subtle.

I think the black/yellow is a nice combination, but I won't be buying one - I prefer the ceramic bezel and I think this will be a slow seller, with the new Trident launching May 1st.

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

I think that looks stunning. I’m not after a diver at the moment but, then again, I haven’t got a steel bezel diver! I was interested in this one from the GTG stream. As Chris has just said though, I think it will be a slow seller due to people waiting for the MK3 release. It is going on the shortlist, but my quest for an Aqua Terra is taking up most of my thoughts at the moment.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I agree, it looks stunning! The steel bezel really reminds me of the one on my GMT, and the matte dial holds the same appeal as the dial on my C60 Trident Vintage.
43mm is too hefty for me though. If it came out in 38mm, or even the 40mm size that the Trident3 is supposed to have, I’d buy one in a heartbeat!

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:59 pm Is it the most striking? I've not seen one in the flesh but the previous yellow and orange versions aren't exactly subtle.
My immediate thought too. It’s alright, but yellow 316L all the way for me.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

First fail in the 316L range for me. I don’t really see the point in another black faced Trident.

I’ve owned all of the others and thought the brightly coloured faces were an integral part of the design (although admittedly blue isn’t exactly a rare choice for a face).

I loved the yellow and orange and thought red or green might have been the next in the range. Black just looks a bit dull to me :(
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

I own the trifecta as well...not sure this one will be my superfecta... Took me awhile to warm up to the yellow though (now my favorite of the three) so hoping we’ll be seeing some in the wild soon.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
DaemonBlue

Post by DaemonBlue »

From the photos, I think the black and yellow work well. I really like the steel bezels on these, and am tempted to grab one - just wish I hadn't missed out on the blue dial.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

There are a few pictures on instagram and it looks a bit bland in black with the brushed bezel and case.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYqNVvHGva
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYnNVtHNq7
DaemonBlue

Post by DaemonBlue »

Thank you for posting those. I think I agree about it looking a bit bland. I don't know if the 316Ls are supposed to continue, but I think I will pass on this one.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think the photo quality leaves a lot to be desired.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Always fun to see how different people like different things. I think this one looks on a par with the blue. It’s certainly gonna be on my radar for when I start buying again (a few to sell first though).
K Mactaggart
CW-watches: 8

Post by K Mactaggart »

The black and yellow combination is quite stunning particularly with the bracelet. An interesting thing IMO, is that logo at 9 o'clock sits well with the combination of steel bezel and black face! It doesn't seem out of place as it does on other Tridents with coloured bezels
Was very close to getting one on recent visit to the Showroom, until I saw the prototype in black with red! That won the day - for now!
Kenny
C60 Trident 600 GMT, C7 Bluebird, C60 Trident 600.
C60 Trident 300, C60 Chrono 300, C60 Trident COSC.
C60 316L (Black Prototype). C70 VW.
Rolex Submariner Date.
Longines HydroConquest Auto Chrono. Rotary Elite Chrono LE.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

K Mactaggart wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:57 pm The black and yellow combination is quite stunning particularly with the bracelet. An interesting thing IMO, is that logo at 9 o'clock sits well with the combination of steel bezel and black face! It doesn't seem out of place as it does on other Tridents with coloured bezels
Was very close to getting one on recent visit to the Showroom, until I saw the prototype in black with red! That won the day - for now!
Do you have pictures of your prototype black with red 316L you could share?
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
K Mactaggart
CW-watches: 8

Post by K Mactaggart »

DSC_0046~2.JPG
The black 316L prototype with red details.
Kenny
C60 Trident 600 GMT, C7 Bluebird, C60 Trident 600.
C60 Trident 300, C60 Chrono 300, C60 Trident COSC.
C60 316L (Black Prototype). C70 VW.
Rolex Submariner Date.
Longines HydroConquest Auto Chrono. Rotary Elite Chrono LE.