32%

Total votes: 141

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Logo at 9 o'clock poll

Post by H0rati0 »

Bident wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 am I noticed recently my The North Face jacket also has an unconventional logo placement (back of right shoulder). Makes me wonder what other companies have adopted similar, non-conformist, brand placement (perhaps a topic for a new thread).
That's so people following you can see what jacket you're wearing, because of course that's the most important thing they want to know..... :-s
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Just done a quick logo position survey of mine and Mrs nbg’s outdoor walking jackets and coats. Eight brands, seven with logo front left, one front right. Where more than one from a given brand there was consistent positioning of the logo. I am reassured that I chose well. :)

Beanie hats and equivalent was more tricky. As the logo seemed to be front, back, left or right side - depending on how you position it on your head. :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

My Sunderland of Scotland golf waterproof has their logo on the upper left sleeve (and no where else) :? The CW of golf clothing :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I never go anywhere without my Lidl branded plastic carrier bag.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:35 am
Bident wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 am I noticed recently my The North Face jacket also has an unconventional logo placement (back of right shoulder). Makes me wonder what other companies have adopted similar, non-conformist, brand placement (perhaps a topic for a new thread).

IMG_0606.jpeg
Perhaps indeed a new thread.

I have one or two North Face items, and I belong to a Camino de Santiago pilgrimage group on Facebook which often discusses clothing and equipment. Funny thing, but neither there nor on the Camino itself have I encountered anyone worrying about the logos on their fleeces, beanies, trousers and rain jackets. We just wear them. :D
I had to google ‘Camino de Santiago’ as I hadn’t a clue what it was, I didn’t think I’d ever heard of that outdoor clothing make before :oops:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

scooter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm I never go anywhere without my Lidl branded plastic carrier bag.

scooter
If there as good as the Aldi one I use then top bit of kit :D :thumbup:

Edit: Forgot to say the other day, welcome back scooter, hope you are ok :thumbup:
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

There isn't really much to choose between the Aldi and Lidl bags Chris.

Thank you.

I never really went away but just had nothing to say.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
tjcdas

Post by tjcdas »

Owners discussing the 9:00 positioning, they also knew it was poor!

Their faces tell what they really think.
Attachments
Mike-France-Chris-Ward-Peter-Ellis-980x720.jpg
Essex Paul
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Essex Paul »

Just looked at my football clubs shirt.

Can confirm that the club logo is on the right.
Kit manufactures on the left.

Symmetrical.
:yawn:
C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
C65 Trident Diver Blue
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Sorry but can you all stop discussing this right now please as negative comments and endless discussions concerning the logo are totally frowned upon.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm Sorry but can you all stop discussing this right now please as negative comments and endless discussions concerning the logo are totally frowned upon.
I just popped in to bump this thread, but you beat me to it!
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm Sorry but can you all stop discussing this right now please as negative comments and endless discussions concerning the logo are totally frowned upon.
My most humble apologies - but that was a pointless post. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Starting to wish I'd never started the poll :D

The main thing I've learned is that the new C65 Trident Automatic is gorgeous *despite* having the logo at 9.

That's good enough for me, and I hope they sell shed loads.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Broadsands

Post by Broadsands »

It's not just the placement - the whole thing seems a little egotistical - who really wants "Christopher" on their watch (other than Christopher Ward!), anymore that "Raymond" on a Raymond Weil is a great look - these aren't the sexiest names out there! And Christopher being so long in characters really doesn't work with Ward sitting flush left anyway. How a so called designer put this together and it passed senior management at CW is beyond me. The twin flags on the other hand is great - so, just have those with "Ward" below it and they would have a classy design that would stand the test of "time". And there is a reason why most watch brands place their logos on the dial where they do...! Putting it at 9 is not being clever - it's a poor choice.

Shame, because I love many of their designs, apart from the choice of logo design and placement. Sorry, you said not to make it a rant about anything other than the placement!
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

There are lots of people, me included with the C65 Trident GMT, who like a watch but are 'trying to get past' the 9 o'clock logo. Now I know we have concluded that we are a small bunch of people who are put off by the placement but in the scheme of things for Christopher Ward the numbers are proportionally low. Nonetheless, some people are being put off.

Thinking of it another way, I wonder how many people, including us, have looked at a watch with a traditional placement, and thought: "I'd buy it, if only the logo was at 9 instead of 12"?
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE