Anywhere to see a range of CWs?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leatherseat

Anywhere to see a range of CWs?

Post by Leatherseat »

It would be very useful to see and compare some CW watches in the flesh (particularly the 38 vs 43mm and the shade of red of a Trident C60 and the difference between alu and ceramic bezel). I am aware of the business model (not selling via retailers) and of the showroom in Maidenhead.

Do CW exhibit at any shows or events (Classic cars shows etc) around the country? Any other suggestions for ways/places to see a selection 'in the flesh'?

Thanks,
David
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Anywhere to see a range of CWs?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CW have this year expanded on our, the Forum's, annual online 'Chat with Chris' and morphed it into a GTG (Get Together) of which they are doing four around UK.

The first was in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago, with the next taking place in Manchester on 27th April.

They are planning further GTGs later in the year in Cambridge and Bristol.

As to CW exhibiting at Motor / Flying shows or events the answer is not currently, but you never know what they will decide to do.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

The idea of exhibiting at selected shows seems to make sense; CW have many, well established ties with all sorts of aero and automotive groups it seems like a chance waiting to be grabbed to show off their products alongside those they support?

Also, another chance to reach out to an extended audience?

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Leatherseat

Post by Leatherseat »

Thanks Both. I may have to co-ordinate an appointment in the showroom, with a semi-local client visit if I can sort one out.

The Goodwood Revival or similar, would seem to have a suitable audience. I have no doubt any plans will be mentioned on this Forum, so will keep watching.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I like the idea of exhibiting at selected shows but if they did 1 in 1 area then we'd all want 1 in our own area. That would put extra pressure on the CW staff to work several weekends and then not be available for a day or 2 in the week resulting possibly in delays to the delivery of those additional and normal orders.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

They used to go to Salon QP in London in November. I think a number of brands have abandoned that one, though.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Dclarkwatch
Junior
Junior

Post by Dclarkwatch »

You can also take advantage of the 60/60 - order what you think you'll like and if it doesnt suit you, return it. Not necessarily the best option to compare a broad range, but a bit of the nature of the beast with online only sales