CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C8 Concorde - Born from dreams

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

skimrok wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm
I bet you glad you got in early now ;) he!he!
Err; think so. :thumbup: :D

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I just added one to my cart (but did not buy) so perhaps a few still left?
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Yeah, looks like it's now back on sale and the 'all reserved' was a little premature on the website. :problem:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

The jeweller I pass each lunchtime is a Bremont AD and has one of the White Gold Concorde (Supersonic) LE's in the window in the Concorde fuselage display as below, £17,995.

As I was walking past there yesterday lunchtime, I overheard two young guys (maybe age 19 or so) comment that they couldn't believe a watch could cost so much, that you'd have to take out a mortgage to buy one. They concluded it must be the "only one in the world" to be that price.....well they were almost right, 100 of them :lol:
Bremont_Limited_Edition_Packaging_2_39ef9733-30c5-4701-9c16-64ad2bea3e13_1400x1400.jpg
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
kennethpf

Post by kennethpf »

I agree that perhaps Bremont is more about a passenger's perspective and CW more about a pilot's perspective - with one emphasizing luxury and the other about speed/technology. Bremont is way overpriced and beyond my reach, but I have jumped in on the CW one - although not without hesitation. The hour hand looked weird and loud to me - but it makes sense after looking at Concorde's airspeed indicator - and the lime shot makes it better looking at night than day. I'm enamoured with Concorde's design/achievement, so even though it's scrap metal, it's also a bit of history ... about a lofty dream of an era that was actually realized....
Bahnstormer_vRS

kennethpf wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:10 pm I agree that perhaps Bremont is more about a passenger's perspective and CW more about a pilot's perspective - with one emphasizing luxury and the other about speed/technology. Bremont is way overpriced and beyond my reach, but I have jumped in on the CW one - although not without hesitation. The hour hand looked weird and loud to me - but it makes sense after looking at Concorde's airspeed indicator - and the lime shot makes it better looking at night than day. I'm enamoured with Concorde's design/achievement, so even though it's scrap metal, it's also a bit of history ... about a lofty dream of an era that was actually realized....
Welcome aboard. :wave:

Is the C8 M2.04 your first CW? If so, nothing like starting big. :clap:

Guy

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

kennethpf wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:10 pm ....about a lofty dream of an era that was actually realized....
Perfect summary of Concord’s legacy, if you ask me.
Drew
kennethpf

Post by kennethpf »

Thanks! :wave: It’s my second CW. I have the bronze trident GMT - bought it during the Xmas sales. Love it love it love it and the patina it’s developing... and the blue dial against the bronze is just so tasteful ...thought I would cool it for a while but just couldn’t resist the opportunity for a Concorde ... would have never been able to afford to fly in it even if it’s still running - and now a piece of that childhood awe will be on my wrist!
Bahnstormer_vRS

Only six pieces left;-

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS

CW's website now showing 'All Reserved'.

Has this been their fastest selling LE to date?

Guy

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

The other candidate would probably be the C7 Apex but I have no idea of the comparative sales rates. Maybe you could have a quiet word with CW to find out?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Bahnstormer_vRS

CW have found one in Chris's Cupboard.

Guy

Watch Buyer

Post by Watch Buyer »

I suspect that this watch unfortunately wasn't found in Chris's cupboard. The movement number on the COSC certificate is the same as the one I bought. It was delivered not working and despite an agreed repair being negotiated this wasn't carried out, so if it's serial No. 04 / 50 be very wary buying it, I eventually sent it back for a refund due to the lack of information regarding it's state of repair from Christopher Ward....more info available if anyone is interested.
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 am CW have found one in Chris's Cupboard.

Guy

Whoever decides to buy it will be extremely pleased with their purchase. It is so different yet so unique too.

Chris
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
Bahnstormer_vRS

Watch Buyer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 pm I suspect that this watch unfortunately wasn't found in Chris's cupboard. The movement number on the COSC certificate is the same as the one I bought. It was delivered not working and despite an agreed repair being negotiated this wasn't carried out, so if it's serial No. 04 / 50 be very wary buying it, I eventually sent it back for a refund due to the lack of information regarding it's state of repair from Christopher Ward....more info available if anyone is interested.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

That you suspect that this watch wasn't found is Chris's Cupboard is perfectly correct, as that phrase was my 'Forum speak twist' on what Chris Ward wrote in his Instagram Post.

Having been in contact with Chris Ward this afternoon, he has explained that your watch was faulty and repaired over the period April to June; but that you subsequently returned it for a refund. He has also made mention of the case being less than perfect.

Subsequently the movement that was in your watch has been rechecked and, along with the 04/50 caseback, has been fitted into a new, spare case to make a perfect watch; which is now being sold with the benefit of a new 60/60 Guarantee. It has, by the way, been discussed on this forum in the past, that CW do not routinely provide details of any warranty repair work carried out on a movement and of course the customer has the benefit of the 60/60 guarantee, in the event of a problem.

The "Due to me being a bit thick on the Admin front" that Chris Ward wrote, is that he has only now got around to making the watch available for sale.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Guy