The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Rev
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Rev »

More realistically, an Elliot Brown Tyneham is high on my list.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 pm Just tried on these two. Rather nice. Both 42mm, ideal size for a 7” wrist, as previous try ons of the traditional 44mm, 45mm, 47mm sized models have convinced me they are far too big for anyone without an 8” wrist.
663030FF-2020-4EC5-B0B6-E088326CB932.jpeg
YMMV.

Neil
Interested to see you are looking at a Panerai Neil.

The Due range, the model on the left, I believe has been met with comments from Paneristi of not being a "proper" Panerai due to the fact it has only 30m WR, compared to the normal 300m of the Luminor Marina. I do agree aesthetically it has a nice and slim profile.

Despite having a smaller wrist myself, I went for a 44mm Luminor Marina (PAM 510). The handwound 8 day PR movement is much slimmer than the Luminor 1950 automatics and wears much better than those exceptionally high autos. I agree the 44mm is still a large watch, but to me it is part of the appeal and uniqueness of the Panerai that is has some wrist presence and heft (if I had an 8" wrist I wouId definitely be going for one of the 47mm models). Also I know that my 44mm PAM is marginally less lug to lug than a CW 42mm C11 Makaira. As you say, YMMW, we all have different preferences (thankfully :) ).

That Submersible looks very nice.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ Yep Patrick the Paneristi certainly have mixed views on the Due. :)

To be fair my preference would be for 100m WR, but realistically I would still stick to a Rolex for swimming, so it’s a mute point.

I have tried on about a dozen different PAM models over the past 5 years, but similar to my Bremont flirtation I have never got over the line! :problem:

Anyhow I will be sticking to a, rather small to some, 39mm BB58 for my next watch. :D

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Window shopping, as I was on Saturday, I think it will have to be a Submersible if ever I got a Panerai.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

The 682 is a great model.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

header_laureato.jpg
Bloomin AVO posted another picture of this beaut which reminded me just how much I want one. I bet my black sub is cowering terrified in the corner of the watch box right now!
Cheers now, Paul
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

stefs wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am header_laureato.jpgBloomin AVO posted another picture of this beaut which reminded me just how much I want one. I bet my black sub is cowering terrified in the corner of the watch box right now!
You mean you didn’t take a pic yourself when we tried them on at SQP... :)
FC7BDBBA-FBE3-4079-9B71-87E1B61B1F17.jpeg
Also still on my maybe list and like you it would be a SubC that I would probably move on (or GS and BBN).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

I do still have the pictures Neil and I am also struggling to get this to leave the 'want' list. Damn close to perfect for me. Size, thinness, gorgeous textured blue dial and avery nice bracelet. Useable WR as well. Anyone want a sub? :D
Cheers now, Paul
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 am
Also still on my maybe list and like you it would be a SubC that I would probably move on (or GS and BBN).

Neil
Neil, I thought you were avowed to hang onto the fairly rare ETA BBN?

Imo though, monetary reasons aside, if you get the BB58 (which I recall you are planning to), I see that as quite similar to, and a slightly shrunk version, of the BBN.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

nbg wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 am
stefs wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am header_laureato.jpgBloomin AVO posted another picture of this beaut which reminded me just how much I want one. I bet my black sub is cowering terrified in the corner of the watch box right now!
You mean you didn’t take a pic yourself when we tried them on at SQP... :)
FC7BDBBA-FBE3-4079-9B71-87E1B61B1F17.jpeg

Neil
Dibs on anyone's subc (preferably in time for 2022) :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Superalfa

Post by Superalfa »

The new AP Royal Oak with pink gold dial (or salmon or whatever you call it).

https://www.horbiter.com/en/audemars-pi ... f-15202bc/

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Something a bit Supersonic, err M2.04. :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

sproughton wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm Got the call that there's a Speedy Tuesday Ultraman waiting for me, but not sure if it's the right time money wise. Classic Christmas overspend.
I guess they are still working down the waiting list, as I had a call from the London boutique earlier today. I've decided it's not a watch I would keep (although I like it, I'm not mad keen on the Ultraman connection), so I would only buy it as a way of making a bit of cash.

The list price is £4750. Watchfinder are advertising at £7k+, so probably buying at £5.5k. The fact that Omega are still trying to sell the originals suggests this will not be a long-term 'hot' watch. All in all, probably a bit of a risky buy, so I'm going to pass.
Richard
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

downer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm
sproughton wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm Got the call that there's a Speedy Tuesday Ultraman waiting for me, but not sure if it's the right time money wise. Classic Christmas overspend.
I guess they are still working down the waiting list, as I had a call from the London boutique earlier today. I've decided it's not a watch I would keep (although I like it, I'm not mad keen on the Ultraman connection), so I would only buy it as a way of making a bit of cash.

The list price is £4750. Watchfinder are advertising at £7k+, so probably buying at £5.5k. The fact that Omega are still trying to sell the originals suggests this will not be a long-term 'hot' watch. All in all, probably a bit of a risky buy, so I'm going to pass.
I think that's a decent decision. I'm not engaged with it (or the Ultraman connection) sufficiently to make me regret missing out on the purchase direct from Omega and I certainly wouldn't pay the £7k+ that Watchfinder and other re-sellers are hoping for. I'd rather pay for a discounted Speedmaster Racing with the orange accents. But the first Speedy Tuesday is a different matter - that's a much much nicer watch and I do regret not having one of those.
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

downer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm All in all, probably a bit of a risky buy, so I'm going to pass.
That was my thought process too. Looks like they're getting sent out quite a lot quicker than the ST1 so there's probably a bit less fanfare/excitement as they're popping up regularly.

Personally I think it's a brilliant looking watch, which without the Ultraman link and the LE price tag would be an incredibly successful model.