The "I've never seen a stranger wearing a CW" thread

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: The "I've never seen a stranger wearing a CW" thread

Post by Mikkei4 »

BJH wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm I thought I saw a guy with one on but I did not have the courage to ask.
Rumour has it though that there will a room full somewhere in Edinburgh next Saturday !!
Ah, but will they be strangers ?
DerekMc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by DerekMc »

I am a keen wrist spotter and have yet to see stranger, friend or otherwise wearing a CW.
I very much hope that this will change in 2019 as I see now through the forum and f/b how far and wide the membership spread is and our collective appreciation.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Trident Pro 600 Black ceramic old logo
Trident Pro 600 Blue ceramic
C9 Harrison

Tissot x 2
Ebel Sport Classic
jframsay

Post by jframsay »

KevinB wrote:I have definitely not seen another CW in the wild. I wonder how many of us there are in the Chicago area? I do always peek to see what others are wearing, but it is always the usual suspects.
I'm from Chicago as well, perhaps we'll run into each other at some point. I always check people's watches too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Proodscot

Post by Proodscot »

Proodscot wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm I work in London, am always looking at what commuters wear and I have never seen a CW on a wrist.
Just remembered I once saw a guy on the tube wearing a lovely C70 DBR1.
Eat My Goal
Junior
Junior

Post by Eat My Goal »

Pipesmoker wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am
borderman wrote:I live near Lichfield Staffs,seen plenty Rolex,Omega and even Paneri but not a CW :D

Dave
I'm down the road in Stafford, but apart from going to work, I don't get out much, and now we have had a conversation, we don't count as strangers anyway, so if we did meet, we couldn't post in this thread :lol:
I live is Stafford so there's a chance! :D
balloons
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by balloons »

Count me in.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I’m signed up for a meeting of fellow watch enthusiasts in London in a couple of weeks time. I’ll be bring my CW set with me to try and help “spread the Ward” as they say; it will be interesting to see if anyone else there has one.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Eat My Goal wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm
Pipesmoker wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am
borderman wrote:I live near Lichfield Staffs,seen plenty Rolex,Omega and even Paneri but not a CW :D

Dave
I'm down the road in Stafford, but apart from going to work, I don't get out much, and now we have had a conversation, we don't count as strangers anyway, so if we did meet, we couldn't post in this thread :lol:
I live is Stafford so there's a chance! :D
I'm in Shropshire but am in and around Stafford Stoke and Keele regularly
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
josbrownlie
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by josbrownlie »

Jcalder68 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:24 am I’m signed up for a meeting of fellow watch enthusiasts in London in a couple of weeks time. I’ll be bring my CW set with me to try and help “spread the Ward” as they say; it will be interesting to see if anyone else there has one.

C
When/where is that?
C9 x5, C60 x3, C65 x1, Steinhart x2, CIGA Design, Jean Marcel, WT Author, Breitling & MSTR
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jcalder68 »

josbrownlie wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 am
Jcalder68 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:24 am I’m signed up for a meeting of fellow watch enthusiasts in London in a couple of weeks time. I’ll be bring my CW set with me to try and help “spread the Ward” as they say; it will be interesting to see if anyone else there has one.

C
When/where is that?
Hi, search for “Time4APint” and you’ll be on the right track. This will be my first one, so not really sure what to expect, but going with an open mind.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
Dclarkwatch
Junior
Junior

Post by Dclarkwatch »

I'm in the US, and I've only ever seen CWs in some.of the Facebook groups I'm on. Wish they were a little
more prevalent over here, so I'd have better luck finding a deal on one second hand! 🤣
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I did see a stranger wearing what looked to be a C-8 of some sort at Oshkosh, last July, but I had speech with him and got his autograph in my freshly acquired book "Spitfire-The plane that saved the world," so I suppose that disqualifies me, oh damn.
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
will52rrp

Post by will52rrp »

I saw one once but he shuffled away from me when he saw me staring at his wrist. Probably thought I was some sort of weirdo.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Finally seen one! An author came to our place today to talk to some of the kids and he was wearing a C8 in black PVD. He knew what my Ascari COSC was as well - pleased that I put it on this morning.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm Finally seen one! An author came to our place today to talk to some of the kids and he was wearing a C8 in black PVD. He knew what my Ascari COSC was as well - pleased that I put it on this morning.
Excellent, about time too that you saw a CW in the wild!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way